Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2018-19

Happy to see the season about to begin. Definitely hurt to see Point leaving, but wishing him the best in Dallas.

As for the team in front of us, I don't have anything different or insightful to add. The defense needs to be the team's strength (especially early), the offense needs to find more goals, and one of the goalies needs to seize the reins.

The offense is certainly capable of generating goals, but only got to 4+ six times last year. When I do get to watch games (which isn't too often), McMann has usually stood out in a good way, a guy who maybe could lead the way offensively. One or two guys taking a step forward with him could put us right in the mix for a home series.

Bulk of this roster is sophomores and juniors, which suggests to me that if they can improve as the season goes along, it could set up nicely for 2019-20 (don't want to look too far forward, there's a whole season in front of us!).

Will watch when I can from deep in the heart. Go 'Gate!
    ECAC Champions: 1990
    NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
    ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
    NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
    Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Plugging the ECAC Pick the Standings contest again. All you have to do is guess what the final standings will be! Entries close in a couple weeks when the puck drops on the conference slate. Thanks!
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Off topic, but anyone going to the Cornell FB game on Saturday, it's at 12 Noon. FYI.`
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Howdy all. I defer to your insights and predictions, as I haven't kept up with recruiting or seen the team in person since a couple years ago. Plan to lurk here in the thread this season as usual. Go 'gate!!

Comment

p.s. Does anyone else's mobile view of the uscho.com home page exclude the Fan Forum link? I can only see it when in desktop view. Seems like a glitch that should be addressed...

Comment

It hasn't existed since the uninspiring site changed a few years ago. You can bookmark it here:

http://board.uscho.com
              C O L G A T E
              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
              1990 NCAA FINALS
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
              ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
              ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Scoreless after one, but... Colgate 16, New Hampshire 5, Shots On Goal. ‘Gate dominating play with some very good opportunities, including one ping off the post. Hopefully we can keep the confidence up in the second and third periods.

Comment

NH came out stronger in period two, had two power plays early and scored on the first. NH 1, Colgate 0, after two. Colgate 21-13 SOG. Colgate again played well, and didn’t get rattled by their PPG. Third period will be interesting.

Comment

Give ‘Gate team leadership that Win. I don’t know if it was coaches or captains, but they got Colgate revved up before the third period and we came out loaded for Bear. Colgate 2, New Hampshire 1, final.

Comment

That was the best game of hockey I have seen a Colgate team play in years. They were tenacious, fast, and shooters! I am very impressed. Mitch played well in goal. Go 'Gate!

Comment

The board is pretty silent after a big first win that was much deserved. Thought the team was fast, disciplined and physical all night which we have not seen in awhile. If we continue to play like this I have no doubt we are at least a mid level ecac team. We are still missing that gifted Shotmaker. However, Returning 15/16 pt leaders and all 6 D is extremely significant. I think the loss of Point might not hurt as much as most people think. You still need a team to control the puck and play hard and that’s what we did last night.

Anybody watch on ESPN +? Was wondering how the feed was

Comment

I am struggling with ESPN+. Signed up last week and have yet to find any college hockey content ‘cept Polls.
                          New Hampshire thread has good post-game analysis on here, from their standpoint.

Comment

Feed on ESPN+ was very good quality. The in arena production needs some work though. The center ice camera person missed a lot of the play (and I do mean A LOT) and they had some long delays where they did not patch in the radio announcer. A couple small coughs in the feed but no more than 3-5 seconds and there were maybe 3-4 during the entire game.

Comment

‘Gate started slow, but dominated second half of first period. 7-7 SOG. Colgate 1, New Hampshire 0, after one. Great effort.

Comment

SOG 23-18 UNH. But, score is 2-0 Colgate. ‘Gate goalie is playing well, which is encouraging. Through two periods, Colgate team is showing subtle confidence (like last night). Hope they come out of the locker room starting the third period like they did last night. Go ‘Gate.

Comment

Working...
                                X