Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Are there any rumblings that the admin is looking at canning DV? If they were gonna do it, it'd be right about now.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by CU13 View Post
      I also unsubscribed to ESPN+ when I realized they were not airing the ECACs in LP. Very nice lady I spoke with. I will definitely re-up next October. In the early stages, I did have some difficulty getting the games, or keeping the game for its entirety. But that all cleared up and I was very happy with ESPN+. Given the mass amounts of sporting events they cover, $4.99 a month is a steal (IMO). Sad not to be going to LP. Always a FUN time. Go Brown!!!!
      So glad I was wrong about ESPN+ airing the games this weekend. I'm also pleased that I still have coverage through April 11th.

Comment

congrats to Bobby McMann for being selected to the all-ECAC third team as a forward...not an easy task when your team averages 1.5 goals/game...he was involved with 42% of the team's goals this year...a number of signings are occurring - Snively with the Caps Kuffner with The Wings, etc.

Comment

Rico Blasi out at Miami (OH) after 20 years...

Comment

Monte Carlo simulations from College Hockey News...chances of an NCAA bid...Q-Pac and Clarkson at 100%, Harvard and Cornell at 98%, Brown at 12%...

Comment

GreenCoat, I saw that news today about Enrico Blasi, whom is one of my fave coaches. When I was an Omaha season-ticket-holder, I often saw Miami play, both at home and away. I was also cheering his team on at the Washington, D.C., Frozen Four (to no avail). This could not have been an easy decision for the admin of his alma mater. I sincerely hope that he lands on his feet.

Comment

Blasi's overall record at Miami was 398-311-76 (55.5%), despite going 47-81-19 over the past four years...ironically Colgate's MIH's record over the past four year? 47-86-17...

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                  ColSkate65, I officially unsubscribed to ESPN+ yesterday. To their credit, it was easy. I struggled with them early on, then watched several games (or parts of games) with no problems whatsoever, then on Sunday I couldn’t even get in anymore. The price was right and at times it was worth it for me. May try them again next season.
                  As for the bobsled run, I don’t think I could do it with my ankle-foot-leg braces. Any kind of an incline or decline is a challenge for me. And, what is weird, a slight crack or bump in a sidewalk can upset me (balance). I always look down when not using a cane. Anyway, I will have fun taking in the other Olympic sites (and John Brown’s grave).
                  If you have any kind of ailment don't even think of the bobsled run, I had a great time but walked out of there with minor bruised ribs on both sides, it's a pretty rough ride and worth every penny.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

With Q-Pac #5, Clarkson #9, Cornell #11, Harvard #12, in the PWR, the ECAC "could" get five teams in the NCAA's if Brown wins Placid. I think if Brown beats Cornell Friday, Cornell still gets in. If they beat the winner of Clarkson vs Harvard, Clarkson and Harvard still get in via PWR. Then Brown gets the autobid, very strange how it all works out.
                    Magoo, many posts earlier you said five "could" get in, how could I have ever doubted you, lol ?
                    Last edited by sshablak; 03-20-2019, 07:16 AM.
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

The stars will have to be aligned to get 5 in but we should be happy with 4. And let’s hope they win some games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        If you have any kind of ailment don't even think of the bobsled run, I had a great time but walked out of there with minor bruised ribs on both sides, it's a pretty rough ride and worth every penny.
                        LT, you had injuries walking down the bobsled run? :-/ We walked it no problem - lots of fun; maybe that's why no one got hurt.
                        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Iowa, blizzard conditions expected, maybe you're already there, hopefully.

Comment

Shabby, no, I toured the Motorsports Museum in Weedsport this afternoon and booked myself a room just north of downtown Syracuse. My plan is to get on the road early and try to beat the worst of the storm. I will pick up Clarkson Doug in Ogdensburg, then check-in in Upper Jay, before arriving at rink by 3 p.m. At least that is the plan now.

Comment

iowabasedtraveler...you continue to impress...in a year where a season of fun turned into a season of disappointment your presence on our thread has been a real positive...

Comment

:d
                                Last edited by sshablak; 03-22-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X