Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Colgate should be CHN’s Team of the week this week. But I guess they could also give it to Canisius or Brown.

Comment

That's why they play the games...unreal, made my day yest and today seeing these scores. I can't watch, down here in Cancun.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        I can't watch, down here in Cancun.
        Tough life, eh Steve?
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Weren't you guys distributing through ESPN the year before this ESPN+ stuff started? I seem to recall having to use my cable TV account to get in...
          I think it was something called "Stadium"......not sure if this is a part of ESPN.

Well, DV must be feeding these guys some sort of powerade for breakfast. They certainly proved the talent is there and the scoring as well; we need to bottle it. Hopefully this marks a major turn in the season for the good, and we don't regress to "2018-style." The next few games should tell us if we are living in fantasy-land or if this is for real.

What's with Canisius beating NoDak twice this weekend? Yikes? P.S. - Don't forget the sunscreen in Cancun, shabby.
          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

How "sweep" it is! Happy 2019 everybody!
            Colgate '09

Comment

Hi folks. Looking to visit for the first time in over a decade (I think). Couple questions

Which end of ice does Colgate defend twice? Secton 4 or Section 13?

As a craft beer lover, what are the best places to go that serve flights?

Thanks!
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

UMass Lowell craft beer fan...

http://www.goodnaturebrewing.com/brews/whats-on-tap/

Comment

UMass Lowell hockey fan...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gocolgatera...h_Sections.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                    BTW this is one of my pet peeves. Why do we shoot twice at the student section end? Half the time there are no students in those seats. There are more seats at the other end and more fannies. FWIW you get more bang for your buck seeing us attack the opponents goal - that's what we want to see up close - which only happens once a game. I hope someone sees the light and switches things around.
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                      BTW this is one of my pet peeves. Why do we shoot twice at the student section end? Half the time there are no students in those seats. There are more seats at the other end and more fannies. FWIW you get more bang for your buck seeing us attack the opponents goal - that's what we want to see up close - which only happens once a game. I hope someone sees the light and switches things around.
                      It's based on the design of the building. Colgate's bench has a tunnel that leads directly to the home locker room. That bench is also offset towards the D zone in periods 1 and 3 so it's a short change. Can't switch ends without having to re-do everything.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                        Awesome. Wish that notation was on the ticket buying diagram.
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                          It's based on the design of the building. Colgate's bench has a tunnel that leads directly to the home locker room. That bench is also offset towards the D zone in periods 1 and 3 so it's a short change. Can't switch ends without having to re-do everything.
                          I believe every hockey rink is designed so that each bench is "closer" to one defensive zone than the other. The team occupying that bench will defend the "closer" zone in periods 1 and 3. This is most notable when the benches are on the same side of the ice, which is common in the NHL.

A funny tidbit about our old barn, Starr Rink: one of the benches was tied into the hallway that the visiting team would cross over to reach their locker room, but that was Colgate's bench. The visiting team would have to cross over the ice to reach their bench before the start of a period (and the coaching staff would have to slowing walk across the ice to get there). The penalty boxes were adjacent to the visiting team's bench, but across the ice from Colgate's bench. When a visiting team killed a penalty, they could quickly make a substitution, but when Colgate killed a penalty, the skater would have to cross the ice if going right to the bench.

Originally Colgate occupied the bench next to the penalty boxes (and would shoot twice at the press box end of the rink), but it was flip-flopped so that the visiting bench would be right behind the student section, making it difficult for the visiting team during a late-game timeout situation.

In our new arena, this has been rectified so that each bench is tied to a tunnel for each locker room, and the Colgate bench is adjacent to the penalty boxes.
                          Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                            I believe every hockey rink is designed so that each bench is "closer" to one defensive zone than the other. The team occupying that bench will defend the "closer" zone in periods 1 and 3. This is most notable when the benches are on the same side of the ice, which is common in the NHL.

A funny tidbit about our old barn, Starr Rink: one of the benches was tied into the hallway that the visiting team would cross over to reach their locker room, but that was Colgate's bench. The visiting team would have to cross over the ice to reach their bench before the start of a period (and the coaching staff would have to slowing walk across the ice to get there). The penalty boxes were adjacent to the visiting team's bench, but across the ice from Colgate's bench. When a visiting team killed a penalty, they could quickly make a substitution, but when Colgate killed a penalty, the skater would have to cross the ice if going right to the bench.

Originally Colgate occupied the bench next to the penalty boxes (and would shoot twice at the press box end of the rink), but it was flip-flopped so that the visiting bench would be right behind the student section, making it difficult for the visiting team during a late-game timeout situation.

In our new arena, this has been rectified so that each bench is tied to a tunnel for each locker room, and the Colgate bench is adjacent to the penalty boxes.
                            It's not only common in the NHL, it is in their rule book to be that way, as it provides a great advantage to have the home team on the same side as the penalty boxes (something which you squandered at Starr, but you mentioned that already). In the college book, "It is preferable to have penalty benches for each team separated from each other and substantially separated from either players’ bench", but I don't know of any newer rinks not for professional use that actually follow this. In fact, page 17 has the layout of benches on opposite sides. "Benches should be as close to center ice as possible", but because of the scorer's area and penalty benches, that really isn't possible, so it's good to have what you have. The only point of real contention would have been if the bench went past the blue line, because the player coming on actually has to "touch up" before going to attack.

As for the students, I've noticed that they typically wander over to the visitors' bench area (at least the ones that show up). As much as being where you shoot twice is nice, sometimes tradition takes over.

Comment

Bump

Anybody know why the double 7:30 start this weekend?

Comment

The reason for the 7:30 starts this weekend is because the Women are home, too. They play Quinnipiac and Princeton, in the afternoon. A busy weekend in Riggs! GO 'GATE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X