Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    I recently spent 2 days at hockey tourney here in Albany talking with a scout from the Brockville Braves. When we talked about Winchester he couldn’t say enough good things about him. He said he knows it’s just a matter of time before he moves up the ranks.
    Would coming to Colgate be moving up, or a lateral move, not sure ?
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

a definite move up, although he may be interested in moving up to major junior in Canada...

Comment

Wish Andy McDonald could put his hat in the ring.
        I share your season-ending comments, CU13...but unlike Rainman, I didn't make it to any games. I would make every game in the 90s and be on the edge of my seat. Even if better days aren't directly ahead, the status quo can't get much worse.
        C O L G A T E
        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
        1990 NCAA FINALS
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Well as an away fan, we were there for the RPI game and I was just floored by how nice of a building you have. My wife and I compared it to a mini version of the Giant Center here in Hershey. If I was a recruit I'd love to play in that building, fans close to the action and has that new paint smell. Unfortunately as mentioned in previous posts not much student participation. But we passed a ton walking to the keggers on frat row!

Comment

Not a hockey post, but CONGRATS to the Colgate men's basketball team who beat Bucknell tonight in a packed house in Cotterell Court and will be going to the Big Dance for the first time in 23 years!! It was a great game and great atmosphere. I saw several of the men's and women's hockey team there, some in costume (there was a contest), some with signs. So great to see. GO 'GATE!!
            Last edited by CU13; 03-14-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Adam Dauda signed an ATO with the Maple Leafs ECHL team, the Newfoundland Growlers. Congrats, Adam. Go 'Gate!

Comment

How wide is the gap between the skill/speed/size of the Clarkson men's hockey team and our squad? Well, if you'd just watched the first period of the Clarkson-Yale quarter final series...we've got a long, long way to go folks...

Comment

GreenCoat, I ventured to Boston this weekend and the same is true for Harvard tonight. They are wicked fast and their passing is just so crisp and spot-on. Dartmouth isn’t giving up, but Harvard has much superior skill. Score is 1-1 after two. No crowd, though.

Comment

Originally posted by CU13 View Post
                    Not a hockey post, but CONGRATS to the Colgate men's basketball team who beat Bucknell tonight in a packed house in Cotterell Court and will be going to the Big Dance for the first time in 23 years!! It was a great game and great atmosphere. I saw several of the men's and women's hockey team there, some in costume (there was a contest), some with signs. So great to see. GO 'GATE!!
                    I was the student statistician for the RPI basketball team, which played a game at Colgate in February 1969. I don't remember the name of Colgate's gym, but my recollection is that it had a curved roof. A picture of Wednesday's Colgate-Bucknell game appeared in the Thursday edition of the Harrisburg Patriot-News, and the roof looked very similar to what I remember from 50 years ago. Is the Cotterell Court where Colgate now plays the same gym where they played in 1969?

Comment

Yes it is !
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Switched between all 4 games online...How is it that Cornell always has guys built like sequoias? Every. Year.
                        Love the underdogs, always have. Go Brown and Union! Qpac’s loss didn’t do much to them in the PWR.
                        C O L G A T E
                        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                        1990 NCAA FINALS
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Went to Boston University at UMass Lowell last night. Crazy fun game with lots of UML PPGs and a BU shorty that got ugly at the end. UML 6, BU 4, final score. Spotted former Colgate assistant coach Juliano Pagliero before the game hosting a young man (looked like a Green Bay USHL defenseman). On to Cornell tonight to see Union play. Hoping both teams lose.

Comment

According to today's email 'Gate will once again be going to Belfast for the Belpot Tournament around Thanksgiving 2019. In the release nothing is stated about which other teams are participating. Does anyone know who the other teams are, and who we might meet in the first game?
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Colgate, Princeton, New Hampshire and Northeastern are in 2019 Friendship Four tourney.

Comment

Thx Iowa. BTW, Brown ousts QU in 2 games?? Just shows how a moribund program can come to life with good recruiting and coaching. Who knew Bruno?.....
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X