2023 ECAC CHAMPION
    1990 NCAA FINALS
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

congrats to AIC and their program...first winning year (I believe) since program joined DI ranks and their new coach has done a great job recruiting internationally...Clarkson game? I thought the 5-minute major call on their best player - Nico Sturm - was a joke, frankly...and yet they led 2-1 with 2 minutes to go in regulation...ECAC teams have GOT to start winning some NCAA games...the SLU situation is an unfortunate joke and bespeaks a total lack of administrative leadership from the top (and not only as it pertains to DI men's ice hockey)...it's a great school with great people...they deserve much better than the current individuals running the overall show...

Comment

I was at the NCAA regional in Manchester yesterday. UMass was just flat out better than Harvard. The Clarkson-Notre Dame game was very competitive from start to finish. Notre Dame pulled their goalie with about 2:30 to go in the 3rd (a bit too early in my opinion, since they were down by 1), then tied it 30 seconds later. Give all the credit to the Irish, they had a 5 minute major power play and couldn't score, then an overtime penalty shot and didn't score (but give credit to the Clarkson goalie, he was GREAT), yet they still found a way to win. But I was a bit sad leaving the arena because the ECAC went 0-2.

At least the four schools brought their pep bands. Colgate's band was "uninvited and replaced" at the NCAA basketball game last week:
        https://deadspin.com/colgate-rented-...rna-1833672399
        Colgate '09

Comment

Mark Morris is the only head coach in the history of college to accumulate more than 300 wins in both professional AND college hockey. His record at Clarkson was 306-156-42; his record in the pros was 339-223-67. He goes 17-13-7, then 8-27-2 and 6-29-2 at SLU (not his recruits, hit by decommits/transfers/injuries)...yesterday, 2 years shy of fulfilling his 5-year contract, he and his staff are fired...he never had a losing season until year #2 at SLU...you don't have to be a brain surgeon to grasp that the problems at this program are not all on his shoulders. In fact, one could suggest that he's more a victim than transgressor...I think SLU's President, Board of Trustees and AD have a lot of answering to do regarding the current S*** show in Canton, NY...

Comment

I dunno. There were a bunch of transfers out of SLU this past year. It would seem that they had big issues with the program, including the coach. Yes, SLU has a great hockey history - they deserve better in the future.

Congrats to ASU and AIC. They are examples of what we can do in a short period of time if we recruit wisely.
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Jesse Winchester being considered for SLU coaching vacancy.
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

not surprised Shabby...this thread has been on top of this theme for a while...Denver's head coach is 29...Jesse's record is excellent, his evolution as a player (and kudos to DV for some of this) was impressive, he's an NHL-er, and my guess is that his recruiting strength in Ontario is very strong...we've essentially disappeared from that province (thank you Casey Jones and Greg Carvel)...BTW, look at AIC's roster...they've recruited from 10 states, 4 provinces and 6 international players...tells you something...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                  not surprised Shabby...this thread has been on top of this theme for a while...Denver's head coach is 29...Jesse's record is excellent, his evolution as a player (and kudos to DV for some of this) was impressive, he's an NHL-er, and my guess is that his recruiting strength in Ontario is very strong...we've essentially disappeared from that province (thank you Casey Jones and Greg Carvel)...BTW, look at AIC's roster...they've recruited from 10 states, 4 provinces and 6 international players...tells you something...
                  Yeah, ditto. AIC may be supplanting BC and BU as the Beasts of the East. And the short time in which they brought in these players is impressive, especially their top frosh goalie from Sweden. Their coach is very young and is a real go-getter. Not implying anything here, but AIC and ASU seem to be templates for our future.
                  COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

If Winchester goes to St Lawrence and we stay the course, I may lose my mind.

Comment

Sitting in a diner in Allentown awaiting the start of Duluth’s shellacking of Quinnipiac and laughing out loud at Marmot’s comment. Maybe if everyone on here threatens to lose their minds...

Comment

might be tough for Jesse to replace one of his mentors...nonetheless, the bottom line is what is best for our men's hockey program...and watching most of the games this weekend it is obvious that our program is not even close to competing at a level with these teams...was especially impressed with UMass...Marmot, you can join me in a state-run facility...I've already made my reservation...

Comment

So you weren’t impressed with QPac last night Iowa?

Comment

Magoo, not at all. Played down to ASU’s level. Underachieved. In fact, in the third period, it looked like two teams competing for a high school championship. They were so lax, I told friend Clarkson Doug, if they aren’t careful, one random shot will make a game of it. Bingo! Then I said, now we should see the ECAC regular season champion. We never did. They were just lucky to escape with the win. Both Clarkson Doug and Colgate Tom know what they can accomplish, but we sure didn’t see it last night. I predict a big Duluth win today, just as I predicted a big Saint Cloud win on Friday.

Comment

Okay, it wasn’t a shellacking, but Quinnipiac never looked like the regular season champion of the only conference to send 4 teams to a 16-team national tournament (and have none advance).

I will head to Buffalo expecting to see Duluth and Denver in the national championship game, after personally seeing Duluth, Massachusetts and Providence all play this season.

Comment

It's time for our annual year-by-year KRACH ranking update...I do not have information regarding the 2003-04 and 2004-05 seasons...both rankings would be solid, 03-04 probably around #20, 04-05 somewhere around #12...2005-06 was also good: #24...however, since the 2006-07 seasons here are the year-by-year KRACH rankings for our program (out of 60 DI hockey teams - one or two less in earlier years)...38, 37, 38, 38, 47, 33, 32, 13, 17, 42, 46, 39, and 45 this year...two very solid years, yes, but no where near an NCAA invite level in the other eleven seasons...

Comment

Working...
                                X