Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Stay there, future recruits parents etc read this thread.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      This could turn out to be a great hire. In all honesty I wish RPI would’ve gotten him. Hockey is in his blood. He did a fantastic job when he was the HC here ay Albany Academy. I remember telling Ralph back then to keep an eye on this guy because he has D1 HC written all over him
      I fully agree with Turk's comments. Through my grandson who is a student at AA and a hockey player, I saw first-hand the work of Brett during his coaching years, turning a decent prep program into a powerhouse. Relates well to players and is a good skills coach as well as a tactician. Developed several DI players for Yale, Maine, Sacred Heart and D3 programs. In 5-7 years he will be a D1 head coach.

Comment

Great to hear, keep the positives coming !

Comment

BC at home, been about thirty six years since they were in the ECAC.

Comment

I sent in my season ticket deposit today.

My strategy last season was all Colgate games, home and away. I missed two away weekends (Dartmouth/Harvard, Princeton/Quinnipiac).

My strategy this season will be all Colgate home games and all non-conference away games. Plus, I plan to make the Friendship Four tourney, and new NCAA D-1 men’s hockey arenas (for me). Lifetime, I have seen hockey played in 98 different arenas.

Currently I am pursuing my other (off-season) passion... short-track auto racing, of which I have seen at 411 different tracks, lifetime. I am in the midst of 26 races in 32 days at 25 different dirt tracks in Illinois and surrounding states. Rain has been replaced by hot-n-humid corn-n-soybean growing weather.

Go ‘Gate.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
              I sent in my season ticket deposit today.

My strategy last season was all Colgate games, home and away. I missed two away weekends (Dartmouth/Harvard, Princeton/Quinnipiac).

My strategy this season will be all Colgate home games and all non-conference away games. Plus, I plan to make the Friendship Four tourney, and new NCAA D-1 men’s hockey arenas (for me). Lifetime, I have seen hockey played in 98 different arenas.

Currently I am pursuing my other (off-season) passion... short-track auto racing, of which I have seen at 411 different tracks, lifetime. I am in the midst of 26 races in 32 days at 25 different dirt tracks in Illinois and surrounding states. Rain has been replaced by hot-n-humid corn-n-soybean growing weather.

Go ‘Gate.
              You should go see the Gate' women hockey team play...it's free and exciting hockey....team wins more than the men too and they deserve bigger crowds to support them!

Comment

WH Fan,
                I appreciate the thought, but I am just not into it. I have seen it at Minnesota, Wisconsin and Clarkson, and I just don’t care for it. I am only passionate about D-1 men’s college hockey; everything else (women’s, D-3, NHL, minor leagues, juniors) leaves me wanting. I guess everyone is different, which is probably a good thing. Anyway, thanks for the thought.

Comment

I've based my winter travel plans on when Men's hockey has home games since we bought our house in Hamilton. This year, I'm thinking hoops & women's hockey may take precedence. Wish that wasn't true...

Comment

My heart is heavy as I write that long time Colgate employee and men's hockey fan, Ron Baker, age 54 has died. He was diagnosed with cancer and was gone less than a week later. He leaves his beloved family - Tina, Jake and Matt along with many, many friends. He and his family were diehard hockey fans, never missing a home game and always followed the team to Lake Placid. They were loved by team members and their families for many years. Ron was a wonderful man and will be sorely missed.

Comment

Did anybody on here participate in (or just attend) the Colgate hockey golf tourney activities this past weekend? How did things go? Did the forecasted excessive heat play a factor in the activities? Just curious. Thanks!

Comment

IOWA - I attended the dinner on Saturday night. Though the weather was brutal, all made it through 18 holes with no issues. It was wonderful to see the guys - from Terry McLaughlin ('60s) through Bruce Racine '18! Ben Bryce and Tyler Burton do a fabulous job putting the weekend together.

Comment

hearing more and more positive feedback on recent hire Riley and Borges...having two highly motivated very young assistants HAS to help in recruiting out 2-3 years...is TheCoat optimistic? God forbid, but cautiously so...

Comment

Off topic, new football scoreboard going up, I guess a million dollars doesn't buy much these days. Hoping the audio is better, no more speakers on the top of the pressbox.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              Off topic, new football scoreboard going up, I guess a million dollars doesn't buy much these days. Hoping the audio is better, no more speakers on the top of the pressbox.
                              It would be nice if the video board were sharper/clearer from all seats. Very hard to see the old one.
                              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Supposedly the new board is about the same size but it's all screen, not a small screen with all the advertising around it, we're going to need a good operator for it. There is a pic of it on Tapatalk that Gate83 took.

Comment

Working...
                                X