Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

I saw on twitter for you that don’t have it that John McGraw will be moving on from his roll in announcing/broadcasting games. John, hope all is well with you and you will absolutely be missed. 100% professional and very knowledgeable about every team in the ECAC. I think everyone hear echoes that sentiment.

Looking forward to another year and hopefully we see some improvements. Meaningless coaches preseason has us at #11 so I’ll cheer for 8th or better for that home ice first round ecac playoff. It will be fun to have BC in the barn and I have to ask Iowa, will you make the trip to Big Rapids for the solo game against Ferris St? If we can get through October at a record of 4-3 it would be a good start. 3-4 at worst. That’s it for now. GoGate

Comment

Still an Empty Net... Yes!!
      Will miss RIT home opener as I am headed west on that Friday for an auto race in Conneaut, Ohio. Sunday is friend’s surprise 75th Birthday Party in Milwaukee (met him at Admirals hockey game there in September of 1985). Tuesday is race driver interview in Indy. Wednesday and Thursday are Ferris State hockey games (US Development Team and Colgate, respectively). Friday is Lyle Lovett concert in Carmel, Indiana, with another racing friend. Saturday is afternoon game of Ice Breaker Tourney in Toledo (BGSU guaranteed to be in night game). Sunday is BC at Colgate.
      Colgate college hockey?? Lovett!!
      P.S. - Just dawned on me... rink #99 will be Big Rapids, and rink #100 will be Toledo.
      Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 09-19-2019, 08:41 PM.

Comment

McGraw will be missed !
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

yes he will...did a great job over a period where, save two years, Colgate hockey was not overly successful...great voice coverage of games, not afraid to criticize The Gate when necessary, objective and professional...good luck to you going forward...

Comment

Gate Radio was pure class. Somehow he was able to be contemporaneously ‘Gate’s announcer AND completely objective. One of the best around in my opinion.

Plus, where else can I hear an announcer say, “four car pileup in the corner”???

Comment

John McGraw was a great broadcaster and ambassador for Colgate hockey. He was an excellent pxp and color guy. I never knew how he did it all by himself. I wish him nothing but the best. I expect to hear him broadcasting in the NHL one day. Thanks, John, for your professionalism and loyalty over these past 12 years. You will be sorely missed. Go 'Gate!

Comment

I was surprised John stayed as long as he did. A very good announcer and I was always surprised he didn’t get a call to the crunch or something. Definitely will be missed
                Last edited by red133883; 09-21-2019, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  McGraw will be missed !
                  We will all miss John. A complete professional in the booth. Best of luck to you and your family, John as you move on. I expect to hear wonderful things about you and your career in the future!
                  COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Ryan McGuire (Belmont Hill School) has committed to Colgate University for 2021-2022.
                    @ColgateMIH @BHSHockey
                    C O L G A T E
                    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                    1990 NCAA FINALS
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

He went straight from high school to the USHL last year, playing in four games scoring a goal. Six one 180# is good size for a seventeen year old, I like it. Three recruits in a month for Riley !

Comment

• Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                        Ryan McGuire (Belmont Hill School) has committed to Colgate University for 2021-2022.
                        @ColgateMIH @BHSHockey
                        Shut up, Pierre!
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Pierre's a really good guy and his son is a nice young man...hoping this would occur and delighted we're building for the future...our two young assistants are making a difference

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                            Pierre's a really good guy and his son is a nice young man...hoping this would occur and delighted we're building for the future...our two young assistants are making a difference
                            Do you know them Greencoat?

Comment

What I miss, is this Pierre's son ? Never mind, googled him, and yes.
                              Last edited by sshablak; 10-01-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Indeed I do...both are class acts and will represent Colgate very well...Ryan is a quality recruit and, hopefully, will join another 2021 commits to turn our program around...

Comment

Working...
                                X