Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Thank you, Flag and Rain.
    I heard a rumor this past weekend that Cornell is headed to Lost Wages next season. Any idea of the dates of that tourney?

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
      I heard a rumor this past weekend that Cornell is headed to Lost Wages next season. Any idea of the dates of that tourney?
      The Ice Vegas Invitational is typically the first Friday and Saturday of the new year (different arrangements likely made if it falls on the new year, but it doesn't this time around).

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
        LMAO at Los Wages.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          LMAO at Los Wages.
          What's lost in lost wages really stays in Los Wages.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
            Flag Dude Number 8... You seem to be knowledgeable about college hockey scheduling, so I will ask you...
            I am planning to follow Colgate to the Friendship Four tourney in Belfast, Northern Ireland, in late November. If I am going there, then I am also thinking that I would like to take more time and travel a little (probably to Dublin, Ireland). My Q to U... is it more likely that Colgate will take the previous weekend off from hockey, or the following weekend. Or do they not typically take weekends off before/after? Thanks.
            Let me know if you need any tips, I attended this past year. I will pick the brains of some friends who took the official tour this season. If you are the least bit timid about driving, take the tour. If you rent a car, stay under mid sized, very narrow roads in some places, pay extra for an automatic and full insurance.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              Let me know if you need any tips, I attended this past year. I will pick the brains of some friends who took the official tour this season. If you are the least bit timid about driving, take the tour. If you rent a car, stay under mid sized, very narrow roads in some places, pay extra for an automatic and full insurance.
              ...and don't forget they drive on the wrong side of the road, and rotaries go the wrong way.

Comment

LT Satch and FD 8, I would very much appreciate tips and official Friendship Four tourney and tour info. This would be my first international adventure since getting ankle-foot-leg braces and hand-controls (for my mini-van). While I project an ‘I can do anything, go anywhere’ attitude, I am personally anxious about such trips. However, with my passion for Colgate hockey, I have just decided that I am going to do it this November. Anybody with any relevant info, please feel free to email me at iowabasedtraveler@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Comment

On my bucket list: meet Iowabasedtraveler
                  COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                    On my bucket list: meet Iowabasedtraveler
                    Me too! He is a true fan and without a doubt the best fan in the ECAC. I was hoping he would come to Hamden this year.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, ColSkate65 and MarkEagleUSA.
                      This season, my second back East as a Colgate season ticket-holder after life-threatening medical issues in early 2017 in Iowa (9 nights in hospice, and another 50 in hospital/rehab), I have only missed four 'Gate away games (Harvard/Dartmouth, and Quinnipiac/Princeton). Both weekends were to see good friends who were there for me when I needed them. And, that first weekend, I did see both Brown games at Clarkson and Saint Lawrence with my good friend Clarkson Doug.
                      I have been very fortunate to meet many great people through Colgate hockey last season and this season. While I would love see the team do better on the ice, I will still be there supporting them every chance I get, regardless of their win/loss record. I don't think I can be called a fair-weather fan (especially after driving through blizzards last season and already this season getting to/from 'Gate).
                      I leave my home in Owego tomorrow morning for the Capital District and both RPI and Union games. I think the world of Canisius-turned-RPI coach Dave Smith, after meeting him a couple of years ago at the Fairbanks tournament. But, I think we should be able to defeat his squad. I am not looking forward to Union, though, as I think they will be much tougher for us. And it doesn't help me personally that I had a bad experience there last year and I really don't care for their arena. We shall see...
                      Finally, I already have my tickets for the ECAC tournament (Lake Placid), the NCAA 'Midwest' Regional (Allentown, Penna.) and the NCAA Frozen Four (Buffalo). If you see me, please make sure to stop me and say 'hi.' I'm the fat balding geek in the Colgate jersey, walking with a cane. he he he

Comment

More random thoughts on a chilly night...

Did you know that we are in Concussion Awareness Week? This is a good read... https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...at-Matters.php

Also, on FDVIII's schedule thread on here... a Western Michigan Broncos fan stated that the Kazoo-based team is slated to come to the Class of 1965 Arena in 2019-2020. As a former Omaha season ticket-holder, I loved playing Western Michigan in NCHC play. They are a top-notch, well-coached team.

Oh, MEUSA, I will get to Quinnipiac one day. I believe that I have now seen hockey games at 85 rinks, lifetime. Here is my list, although it not 100% current... https://www.roamingtherinks.com/tom-schmeh.
                        Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-31-2019, 07:47 PM.

Comment

We’re looking at a very winnable game tomorrow night. Like us, RPI has trouble putting the puck in the net. And for whatever reason, we’re playing better on the road lately than at home. Was the Cornell weekend a fluke? We’ll find out soon enough.

I’m going to the Union game on Saturday and I’ll look for you Iowa!
                          Last edited by Magoo; 01-31-2019, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Good read on the CHN site about Zac HAmilton.
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

let's face it: we all in awe of "Iowabasedtraveler"...very fortunate to have him on the thread...particularly this year...I hope we can give you some decent men's ice hockey at some point...we may have different temperaments here, but we all bleed maroon...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                                let's face it: we all in awe of "Iowabasedtraveler"...very fortunate to have him on the thread...particularly this year...I hope we can give you some decent men's ice hockey at some point...we may have different temperaments here, but we all bleed maroon...
                                Thanks. I totally understand on 'different temperaments.' The world would be mighty boring if everyone was like me. At age 59, I know my strengths and weaknesses. You will never hear me call for people's heads on a platter on here. I won't get into the details of coaching, nor recruiting. I won't even give good play-by-play analysis, as is seen on different ECAC threads on here (at which I marvel). However, I will nearly-always be there, giving starting-goalie, shots on goal and scores after each period, and my general take on each game. I tend to have rose-colored glasses; I don't have high highs nor low lows. I know we aren't going to score on every shift, nor win every game. But I do expect a good solid effort on every shift, which is why you will hear me yell 'good job' or 'good effort' at each game, home and away, when so deserved. I am also not one to follow individual players as much as I follow all 60 teams in NCAA D-I men's ice hockey. On any given night, I can't tell you how many shots on net Bobby McMann had, but I can tell you where BC is in the Hockey East standings that night (or any other team). And, lately, I am really getting into tracking the coaches and assistant coaches in their careers within college hockey. But, oddly enough, I don't follow players' careers when they leave college hockey (just recently had to look up Colton Point's record in Boise). As for giving me 'decent men's ice hockey,' it's all good. I started going annually to the Frozen Four in 1991... AFTER Colgate made it to the national championship game at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit against Wisconsin in '90. That was a wake-up call for me... I had two brothers that went to Colgate in the Sixties, I loved Colgate hockey when I worked at GE in Utica in the early Eighties, so why wasn't I following them to the title game each and every year?
                                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-31-2019, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X