Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 101 to 117 of 117

Thread: Mercyhurst Lakers 2018-2019

  1. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post

    As for Mercyhurst, based on its series with Cornell and Colgate, one would think that the Lakers have another level that they can reach when they're on.
    This is definitely true. Like many teams, they continue to work at being consistent. Itís the playoffs now, and time to be on! Coming off a solid weekend against RIT, and they will be feeling confident for the playoffs.

  2. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    463

    Re: Mercyhurst Lakers 2018-2019

    Game day!

    First off congrats to senior Sarah Hine for winning best defensive forward award, and to junior Emma Nuutinen for being named to first CHA team, this week.

    Tonightís game at 730 is between Cuse and Hurst, two teams that have met in the semis many times before, and most recently last year when Hurst defeated the Orange in OT.

    A big question for todayís semi is who plays in net, for both teams. Senior Maddi Welch got the win yesterday for Cuse but wasnít really tested. Welch has given up 9 goals to Hurst this year in 2 games. Cohen, a sophomore, has only given up one goal against Hurst in 2 games this year. Both goalies are 1-1 vs Mercyhurst.

    For Mercyhurst McDonnell played 3 out of 4 games against Cuse, going 2-1 and earning one shutout against them in a 1-0 game. Meanwhile, Blair hasnít had stats as good as last year but also played some really tough starts this year, and is coming off a shutout performance against RIT last Saturday. She was excellent in last years post season.

    I believe Mercyhurst can win with either goalie. Sloppiness in their own zone, while Syracuse threw anything on net hurt Hurst in the last outing against Syracuse. If Hurst cleans that up and plays a full 60 minutes, I do think they come out on top.

    A person could pick anyone to be the difference maker on the score sheet, but a player who has been doing well lately is Dobson. In the second half sheís quietly climbed up to 2nd in points on the team with 22. One of my favorite goals of the year was the 1-0 win over Cuse in the fall, when Hine and Dobson dug a puck out of the corner and Dobson found Isbell in the slot, who then beat Ady Cohen after she stepped around the Syracuse D. Hope they have some of that magic tonight.

    Letís go Lakers!

  3. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    Game day!

    First off congrats to senior Sarah Hine for winning best defensive forward award, and to junior Emma Nuutinen for being named to first CHA team, this week.

    Tonightís game at 730 is between Cuse and Hurst, two teams that have met in the semis many times before, and most recently last year when Hurst defeated the Orange in OT.

    A big question for todayís semi is who plays in net, for both teams. Senior Maddi Welch got the win yesterday for Cuse but wasnít really tested. Welch has given up 9 goals to Hurst this year in 2 games. Cohen, a sophomore, has only given up one goal against Hurst in 2 games this year. Both goalies are 1-1 vs Mercyhurst.

    For Mercyhurst McDonnell played 3 out of 4 games against Cuse, going 2-1 and earning one shutout against them in a 1-0 game. Meanwhile, Blair hasnít had stats as good as last year but also played some really tough starts this year, and is coming off a shutout performance against RIT last Saturday. She was excellent in last years post season.

    I believe Mercyhurst can win with either goalie. Sloppiness in their own zone, while Syracuse threw anything on net hurt Hurst in the last outing against Syracuse. If Hurst cleans that up and plays a full 60 minutes, I do think they come out on top.

    A person could pick anyone to be the difference maker on the score sheet, but a player who has been doing well lately is Dobson. In the second half sheís quietly climbed up to 2nd in points on the team with 22. One of my favorite goals of the year was the 1-0 win over Cuse in the fall, when Hine and Dobson dug a puck out of the corner and Dobson found Isbell in the slot, who then beat Ady Cohen after she stepped around the Syracuse D. Hope they have some of that magic tonight.

    Letís go Lakers!
    Summer Rae makes the All name team for sure. But, I think the Hines, Robillard line has been red hot as you so astutely pointed out weeks ago. I think it makes it that much harder to match up with the Nuutinen line.

    Stoney Creek product Vasko, I think plays with a high hockey iq and seems to always make the right play.

  4. #104
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    463

    Re: Mercyhurst Lakers 2018-2019

    3-2 Cuse after 2. Cohen and Blair in the nets, Lakers outshooting the 25-17.

    Cuse with 2 goals that were scored on a delayed penalty against Mercyhurst... then in college you still have to serve the penalty after being scored on. What a devastating rule. Ah well, gotta get them in the third.

    Hurst goals from Nuutinen, and Dobson on the power play. Cuse goals from Eastwood (2), and Hoppner.

    One more (at least) period. Letís go Lakers!

  5. #105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    698

    Re: Mercyhurst Lakers 2018-2019

    Please, please, please take out Syracuse!

  6. #106
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Please, please, please take out Syracuse!
    We tried. Is this Syracuseís year? After the first half the season, it looked like they were going to drop out of the top half, and not to Penn State as (I at least) thought. But ever since that OT winner against RMU after Christmas theyíve fought their way back, and they never had the missteps with Lindenwood that RMU and Hurst did. Maybe this is their year... we shall see.

  7. #107
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    We tried. Is this Syracuseís year? After the first half the season, it looked like they were going to drop out of the top half, and not to Penn State as (I at least) thought. But ever since that OT winner against RMU after Christmas theyíve fought their way back, and they never had the missteps with Lindenwood that RMU and Hurst did. Maybe this is their year... we shall see.
    Eastwood with a hat trick from d! That was unexpected. Hoppner chips in one. Tough loss for Mercyhurst. Mercyhurst was right there. Nuutinen and Dobson as discussed earlier chipped in. Syracuse is on a roll.

  8. #108
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    463

    Re: Mercyhurst Lakers 2018-2019

    4-3 final, Syracuse over Mercyhurst. Mercyhurst finishes 15-14-5 on the year, and 2nd in the CHA.

    The third period was another exciting period of hockey. The Lakers tied the game on a Maggie Knott power play goal after Blair got ran over on a Syracuse rush. One minute later though, the Orange got a power play of their own and buried a puck after a goal mouth scramble, Eastwood with the hat trick. The Lakers had some more great chances, but it wasnít meant to be.

    Good luck to the Orange tomorrow. Thatís a wrap on the Lakers season, always a pleasure to cheer for them.

  9. #109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    698

    Re: Mercyhurst Lakers 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    4-3 final, Syracuse over Mercyhurst. Mercyhurst finishes 15-14-5 on the year, and 2nd in the CHA.

    The third period was another exciting period of hockey. The Lakers tied the game on a Maggie Knott power play goal after Blair got ran over on a Syracuse rush. One minute later though, the Orange got a power play of their own and buried a puck after a goal mouth scramble, Eastwood with the hat trick. The Lakers had some more great chances, but it wasn’t meant to be.

    Good luck to the Orange tomorrow. That’s a wrap on the Lakers season, always a pleasure to cheer for them.
    What a bummer! I don't know what's gotten into Syracuse, but they're on a roll. The stats make this game look so even, and the only thing that was slanted were the blocked shots, where Syracuse led that 20-8. Otherwise, everything looked like a really even match. Wow, that was unexpected, but what a game, eh?

    Thanks for keeping us up on Mercyhurst all season, and giving your game recaps along the way. Next season is going to be very interesting in the CHA, I think...I can't wait!

  10. #110
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    222

    Re: Mercyhurst Lakers 2018-2019

    Leaders
    Scoring Nuutinen 26 pts
    Goals. Nuutinen 15 goals
    Assists Knott. 16 assists
    Blocks. Thiessen 74 blocks
    +-. Marmen +- +4

    Goalieing McDonell had highest save percentage

  11. #111
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    463

    Re: Mercyhurst Lakers 2018-2019

    https://www.theicegarden.com/2019/3/...-state-rit-cha

    A good in depth discussion from The Ice Garden On RIT, Penn State, Mercyhurst and Lindenwood. Presumably Cuse and RMU still to come.

  12. #112
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    463

    Re: Mercyhurst Lakers 2018-2019

    Q and A with rising senior Emma Nuutinen, who will represent Finland at the WWC.

    https://atevenstrength.com/2019/04/0...nttu-tuominen/

    CHA fans may enjoy this on RMU and Syracuse

    https://www.theicegarden.com/2019/3/...s-syracuse-cha

  13. #113
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    463

    Re: Mercyhurst Lakers 2018-2019

    Wanted to offer congrats to Emma Nuutinen on being part of Finlandís first ever silver medal winning team.

    She didnít get a ton of ice in the final - about 2:30 and 5 shifts thru two periods today. Then she was needed in the third and finished the game with over six minutes of ice. Obviously a role player in this situation, but I was so proud to see her out there doing her thing late in the third of a gold medal game so Karvinen could get her skate fixed or whatever and the top liners could get their breath and not die of fatigue.

    What an amazing game. The ending didnít feel right, and I canít imagine how the Finns feel. Donít know what else to say other than that I was so proud to watch Emma play, to embrace her role and be a good teammate, and to make womenís hockey history.

  14. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    463

    Re: Mercyhurst Lakers 2018-2019

    https://lindenlink.com/2019/04/19/wo...osing-seasons/

    Not Mercyhurst related, but CHA: Scott Spencer let go as head coach at Lindenwood. This is 3rd consecutive year with a HC change in the CHA. I believe Lindenwood will begin playing at the new St Louis Blues practice rink for the upcoming season, so this is quite the reboot for their program.

  15. #115
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    https://lindenlink.com/2019/04/19/wo...osing-seasons/

    Not Mercyhurst related, but CHA: Scott Spencer let go as head coach at Lindenwood. This is 3rd consecutive year with a HC change in the CHA. I believe Lindenwood will begin playing at the new St Louis Blues practice rink for the upcoming season, so this is quite the reboot for their program.
    Having your contract expire and not renewed is different than being fired. Just saying. The school expects better results.

  16. #116
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddington View Post
    Having your contract expire and not renewed is different than being fired. Just saying. The school expects better results.
    Fair enough. I donít have any of the details. The article I linked said ďdismissed,Ē all I meant was no longer working there. Not implying anything improper occurred, and my apologies if it came across like that. Just sharing CHA news, and itís definitely good news if the school expects to win.

  17. #117
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    463

    Re: Mercyhurst Lakers 2018-2019

    Nice story in The Hockey Writers on Lily Perrault, a rising sophomore at Mercyhurst.

    https://is.gd/s0lmoW

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •