Mercyhurst Lakers 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Please, please, please take out Syracuse!
    We tried. Is this Syracuse’s year? After the first half the season, it looked like they were going to drop out of the top half, and not to Penn State as (I at least) thought. But ever since that OT winner against RMU after Christmas they’ve fought their way back, and they never had the missteps with Lindenwood that RMU and Hurst did. Maybe this is their year... we shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
      We tried. Is this Syracuse’s year? After the first half the season, it looked like they were going to drop out of the top half, and not to Penn State as (I at least) thought. But ever since that OT winner against RMU after Christmas they’ve fought their way back, and they never had the missteps with Lindenwood that RMU and Hurst did. Maybe this is their year... we shall see.
      Eastwood with a hat trick from d! That was unexpected. Hoppner chips in one. Tough loss for Mercyhurst. Mercyhurst was right there. Nuutinen and Dobson as discussed earlier chipped in. Syracuse is on a roll.

Comment

• Re: Mercyhurst Lakers 2018-2019

4-3 final, Syracuse over Mercyhurst. Mercyhurst finishes 15-14-5 on the year, and 2nd in the CHA.

The third period was another exciting period of hockey. The Lakers tied the game on a Maggie Knott power play goal after Blair got ran over on a Syracuse rush. One minute later though, the Orange got a power play of their own and buried a puck after a goal mouth scramble, Eastwood with the hat trick. The Lakers had some more great chances, but it wasn’t meant to be.

Good luck to the Orange tomorrow. That’s a wrap on the Lakers season, always a pleasure to cheer for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
          4-3 final, Syracuse over Mercyhurst. Mercyhurst finishes 15-14-5 on the year, and 2nd in the CHA.

The third period was another exciting period of hockey. The Lakers tied the game on a Maggie Knott power play goal after Blair got ran over on a Syracuse rush. One minute later though, the Orange got a power play of their own and buried a puck after a goal mouth scramble, Eastwood with the hat trick. The Lakers had some more great chances, but it wasn’t meant to be.

Good luck to the Orange tomorrow. That’s a wrap on the Lakers season, always a pleasure to cheer for them.
          What a bummer! I don't know what's gotten into Syracuse, but they're on a roll. The stats make this game look so even, and the only thing that was slanted were the blocked shots, where Syracuse led that 20-8. Otherwise, everything looked like a really even match. Wow, that was unexpected, but what a game, eh?

Thanks for keeping us up on Mercyhurst all season, and giving your game recaps along the way. Next season is going to be very interesting in the CHA, I think...I can't wait!

Comment

Leaders
            Scoring Nuutinen 26 pts
            Goals. Nuutinen 15 goals
            Assists Knott. 16 assists
            Blocks. Thiessen 74 blocks
            +-. Marmen +- +4

Goalieing McDonell had highest save percentage

Comment

https://www.theicegarden.com/2019/3/...-state-rit-cha

A good in depth discussion from The Ice Garden On RIT, Penn State, Mercyhurst and Lindenwood. Presumably Cuse and RMU still to come.

Comment

Q and A with rising senior Emma Nuutinen, who will represent Finland at the WWC.

https://atevenstrength.com/2019/04/0...nttu-tuominen/

CHA fans may enjoy this on RMU and Syracuse

https://www.theicegarden.com/2019/3/...s-syracuse-cha

Comment

Wanted to offer congrats to Emma Nuutinen on being part of Finland’s first ever silver medal winning team.

She didn’t get a ton of ice in the final - about 2:30 and 5 shifts thru two periods today. Then she was needed in the third and finished the game with over six minutes of ice. Obviously a role player in this situation, but I was so proud to see her out there doing her thing late in the third of a gold medal game so Karvinen could get her skate fixed or whatever and the top liners could get their breath and not die of fatigue.

What an amazing game. The ending didn’t feel right, and I can’t imagine how the Finns feel. Don’t know what else to say other than that I was so proud to watch Emma play, to embrace her role and be a good teammate, and to make women’s hockey history.

Comment

https://lindenlink.com/2019/04/19/wo...osing-seasons/

Not Mercyhurst related, but CHA: Scott Spencer let go as head coach at Lindenwood. This is 3rd consecutive year with a HC change in the CHA. I believe Lindenwood will begin playing at the new St Louis Blues practice rink for the upcoming season, so this is quite the reboot for their program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                      https://lindenlink.com/2019/04/19/wo...osing-seasons/

Not Mercyhurst related, but CHA: Scott Spencer let go as head coach at Lindenwood. This is 3rd consecutive year with a HC change in the CHA. I believe Lindenwood will begin playing at the new St Louis Blues practice rink for the upcoming season, so this is quite the reboot for their program.
                      Having your contract expire and not renewed is different than being fired. Just saying. The school expects better results.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                        Having your contract expire and not renewed is different than being fired. Just saying. The school expects better results.
                        Fair enough. I don’t have any of the details. The article I linked said “dismissed,” all I meant was no longer working there. Not implying anything improper occurred, and my apologies if it came across like that. Just sharing CHA news, and it’s definitely good news if the school expects to win.

Comment

Nice story in The Hockey Writers on Lily Perrault, a rising sophomore at Mercyhurst.

https://is.gd/s0lmoW

Comment

Working...
                          X