Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 12: Will Kavanaugh Be Confirmed?

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    If that's what's needed then yes. Why is this so difficult for you and the Republicans to understand? The process is truth. And uncovering the truth is what Dr. Ford wants and what most sane minded Americans want. Kavanaugh did the assault. If we need to prosecute him, and Judge to get at the truth then we should do so.
    People want the truth, yet in the same post you declare that Kavanaugh did the assault. How do you know, without an investigation?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The GOP has never had a problem with endless investigations and federal prosecutors until just recently. How much time and money did Ken Start waste? How about the endless Benghazi hearings? How about how they are still looking into emails and the Trump Dossier? If the truth matters there it matters here too.

But again I am still not seeing where the problem is reopening the investigation and letting the FBI see what they can find? Why all of a sudden does everything need to be rushed? He can be confirmed in two weeks and nothing changes.
      Last edited by Handyman; 09-28-2018, 12:43 PM.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        People want the truth, yet in the same post you declare that Kavanaugh did the assault. How do you know, without an investigation?
        He has his opinion that he believes her that Kavanaugh did it. How is that different than anyone else. She met Scooby's burden of proof. Mine too if asked to decide I believe he did what she said he did.

He also wants to know more. Unlike most Scooby will say he was wrong if proven so. I want to know hence I want it looked into more.
        Last edited by Handyman; 09-28-2018, 12:45 PM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          He has his opinion that he believes her that Kavanaugh did it. How is that different than anyone else. She met Scooby's burden of proof.

He also wants to know more. Unlike most Scooby will say he was wrong if proven so.
          Then clarify that, is all I'm saying. "I think Kavanaugh did it."

FTR, this goes the same for those who don't think Kavanaugh did it. Don't present it as fact; present it as an opinion.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            I know this won't happen, but imagine if Congress flips to the Democrats with a veto-proof majority. Then, theoretically, Congress could pass any bill they want and not worry about what Trump thinks (as long as it's SCOTUS proof).
            We'd just end up disappointed with the Dems. We might get a federal law allowing some short term weak ineffective gun control ban. At best.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              I'm okay with the owl part... I don't judge.
              What if it's an endangered spotted owl?
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

So what kind of wheelin'-and-dealin' is going on trying to get Flake to flake his flake after he flaked?
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I have no idea if he did it. But I do know that no sincere attempt was made to find out.

I don't like his temper and his unwillingness to offer to help. His relying on the committee is relying on a 100% percent Republican controlled effort that will side with him 100% percent of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
                    I have no idea if he did it. But I do know that no sincere attempt was made to find out.

I don't like his temper and his unwillingness to offer to help. His relying on the committee is relying on a 100% percent Republican controlled effort that will side with him 100% percent of the time.
                    I also have no idea if he did it. I do believe Ford was assaulted. I just don't know by who.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

FTR, this goes the same for those who don't think Kavanaugh did it. Don't present it as fact; present it as an opinion.
                      Even if he didn't do it, I've seen more than enough from him to indicate he shouldn't be seated. That disgraceful performance yesterday should've been the nail in the coffin.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        So what kind of wheelin'-and-dealin' is going on trying to get Flake to flake his flake after he flaked?
                        They are asking him if he respects John McCain or Donald Trump.

Easy choice for him. Trump.

Comment

What if it's an endangered spotted owl?
                          Hmmm, you might have me there...
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

So we have what, a week, to shoot up some R senators and get a D majority to vote Kav down?? 49-47 is a loser.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Don't know, but he just did exactly that.

Comment

Mookie would bang that old broad in the headband. Nice rack.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X