NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://***********/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

I wonder if the BC historians can chime in here. When was the last time BC started 0-3? Has to be 20+ years.

Hockey should be right up near the top of the Jarmond list with hoops and football at this point.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
        I wonder if the BC historians can chime in here. When was the last time BC started 0-3? Has to be 20+ years.
        It was mentioned during the broadcast that the last time BC started the season 0-3 was 1937.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

Hockey should be right up near the top of the Jarmond list with hoops and football at this point.
          What is there for Jarmond to do? Barring a scandal, York is going out on his terms. He has earned that right anyway. Won a lot of hardware that previous BC coaches failed to do.

Now, as for the start of this season. Given the team I expected, this has to be the most disappointing start to a season in York's tenure. Not even last year's 1-5-1 start was as disappointing as this 0-3 start.

I have an idea for the next game. How about not putting Wahlstrom on a line with Grando and Dudek. Those guys are role players. They aren't gonna be able to set him up.

Comment

really???
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Yeesh. Truly, I did not think this team would repeat last year's start all over again. While you can't put yourself over the top early in the year, you CAN bury yourself, as BC found out last year.
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Re: Boston College Eagles �� 2018-2019

Didn't see this game. The roster looks better on paper than last season. And they are missing McBain and will add Finkelstein in the 2nd semester but... results aren't showing up and we really need a long-term fix to this problem real soon. And I think you all know what I'm talking about. It's a listing ship and makes me want to drink rum.

It's another large uphill climb for an NCAA spot unless they do serious damage in the league. This league, thanks to teams like BC, have once again been pizzing down their leg this October and that won't play well in March when our Eagles are shipwrecked.

Argggggggggh!
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Yes, I know what you're talking about. The question is when does York want to retire? Nobody seems to know the answer to that. It's going to be his call. By the way, Greg Brown was around for how long? He didn't have the cache to put his stamp on the program? He's very highly regarded and I'm sure York gave him plenty of responsibility. People have been complaining about the defense for a while now and that's Brown's domain. Is Brown the sure thing to take over like we all thought? Or is Jarmond going to open this thing up and truly bring in his guy?

At least Bentley and Arizona State are still on the schedule. Might be able to grab a non conference win!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Yes, I know what you're talking about. The question is when does York want to retire? Nobody seems to know the answer to that. It's going to be his call.
                    Truly I had hoped the day would never come that it would even be necessary to have this conversation. Not that it's a direct comparison, at least not yet, but I really don't want to relive FSU's experience with Bobby Bowden or Penn State's with Joe Paterno.
                    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                    BC - 12
                    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

It’s a good comp. Easily in Umile and Parker territory as well.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I wouldn't go Umile just yet. They totally fell off in Hockey East. Parker's teams more similar. On the bubble wondering what if they won one more game, etc.

Comment

Thursday night looms large. The D has to keep us in it, the scorers have to score.
                          Keep it simple.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Nothing says excitement like an 0-3 team having their home opener on a Thursday night! I'm sure the place will be packed as everyone is preparing for the Friday night showdown vs Miami on the gridiron.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Nothing says excitement like an 0-3 team having their home opener on a Thursday night! I'm sure the place will be packed as everyone is preparing for the Friday night showdown vs Miami on the gridiron.
                              Actually it was a stroke of genius scheduling it for Thursday as it is the only night this week without a World Series game to contend with.

Comment

Four games into what should have been a promising season and you have a dead team in their home opener. Woll looks like early season Woll from last year. St. Cloud winning every battle at the net.

Comment

Working...
                                X