Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Two things 1) if theyre so confident that everyone knows why isnt it public?

2) why would the ref report the slur to the PC bench? He didnt call a penalty/misconduct so what would prompt him to just mention to a coach “hey I heard XXX” just as gossip? Doesnt make sense
    He would have told the coaches in case the kid was ready to kill someone someone on the bench. The coach should know if his player was just called a slur on the ice. It wasn't "gossip" it was the referee doing his job. But I agree, if he heard it then the BC player should have been given a penalty. A racial slur is unsportsmanlike right? I am more bewildered that there was a referee reporting the slur but that referee never called a penalty on the play.
    Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
      He would have told the coaches in case the kid was ready to kill someone someone on the bench. The coach should know if his player was just called a slur on the ice. It wasn't "gossip" it was the referee doing his job. But I agree, if he heard it then the BC player should have been given a penalty. A racial slur is unsportsmanlike right? I am more bewildered that there was a referee reporting the slur but that referee never called a penalty on the play.
      This Twitter thread with video clips could be helpful. It's not definitive that this is video of the incident/players in question, but it appears likely. https://***********/BartRhett/status...70273271136256

If so, it looks like the "game official" who heard it was a linesman, not a referee.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        This Twitter thread with video clips could be helpful. It's not definitive that this is video of the incident/players in question, but it appears likely. https://***********/BartRhett/status...70273271136256

If so, it looks like the "game official" who heard it was a linesman, not a referee.
        Did not see this. thanks for posting.
        Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

If that is the alleged incident the BC player is Ben Finkelstein. Would be nice to know exactly what was said/get a comment from him but I would say that is doubtful. Without knowing what was said not sure what else to add. If based on what he said he is not punished I think a step forward would be something from Leaman/PC on how they view this since they must know what was said and what has gone on behind the scenes since then. Did BC/York make him reach out to the player to apologize much like Jarmond did? That's possible and all parties agreed to keep his name out of this. At this point if that did happen maybe it's best to say it. I truly don't know. I am not an expert on how these situations should be handled when you're dealing with college kids.

Comment

More folks who think BC isn't looking good in this whole matter....

Excerpt from piece:

"The fact of the matter is, everyone involved knows who said it. The referee who heard it, and reported it to Providence's bench, knows. The Providence coach who confronted the BC player in the handshake line and demanded an apology (and didn't get it) knows. Boston College coach Jerry York knows. As does, of course, the perpetrator himself."

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...Not-Served.php

Comment

The worst part of all might be if a player is simply asked to apologize after the game and did not. If that part actually happened, ****.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                If that is the alleged incident the BC player is Ben Finkelstein. Would be nice to know exactly what was said/get a comment from him but I would say that is doubtful. Without knowing what was said not sure what else to add. If based on what he said he is not punished I think a step forward would be something from Leaman/PC on how they view this since they must know what was said and what has gone on behind the scenes since then. Did BC/York make him reach out to the player to apologize much like Jarmond did? That's possible and all parties agreed to keep his name out of this. At this point if that did happen maybe it's best to say it. I truly don't know. I am not an expert on how these situations should be handled when you're dealing with college kids.
                That looks like PC Associate Head Coach Ron Rolston saying something...
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                  Doing his job wouldve been booking the kid for 10 min miscondcut though not whispering it to the bench and saying welllllll. Thats the part that doesnt add up for me. If he didnt call a penalty he has no reason to tell the bench he heard it

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    I'll clarify. My point was, it's OK if you call someone a "Mick" or a "Kraut" or a "Polock" but it's not ok if their skin is non white. Of course, this will immediately be met with cries of "You're a racist!!!!!!!!!!!!" Which would be completely missing the point.
                    gotcha! Chickod, you all right with me !

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                      Doing his job wouldve been booking the kid for 10 min miscondcut though not whispering it to the bench and saying welllllll. Thats the part that doesnt add up for me. If he didnt call a penalty he has no reason to tell the bench he heard it
                      The post you're quoting literally gives a reason why he would tell the bench he heard it, even though he didn't call a penalty.

As for why he didn't call a penalty--I don't know, but it could be that he heard it, but wasn't 100% sure who said it, so he couldn't call a penalty on a player. But who knows

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                        Congratulations
                        why the sarcasm? I was called names as well, even afraid to bring certain types of lunches to school. His point is that most of us , in my generation, heard that stuff. It sucked! we survived though. I also understand it was worse, much worse, for African-Americans, so not making light of anything at all. ....I dont know if he is in my age group (mookie comment here) but just agreeing with Split-N. Im thinking you are a lot younger than us and the world is a different place and thankfully this alleged sort of stuff happens less and less. Can we PLEASE talk about some hockey game? This sh*t is old now. Just my two cents

Comment

I'm ready for the morons talking about karma should BC lose tonight. A bad team loses to very good team...karma!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            why the sarcasm? I was called names as well, even afraid to bring certain types of lunches to school. His point is that most of us , in my generation, heard that stuff. It sucked! we survived though. I also understand it was worse, much worse, for African-Americans, so not making light of anything at all. ....I dont know if he is in my age group (mookie comment here) but just agreeing with Split-N. Im thinking you are a lot younger than us and the world is a different place and thankfully this alleged sort of stuff happens less and less. Can we PLEASE talk about some hockey game? This sh*t is old now. Just my two cents
                            Nah, the almighty CHN declared it's not over. Some people can't handle the fact this appears to have been settled behind the scenes. They won't get their pound of flesh. Barring a statement from the victim, PC coaches or AD stating that they don't think this was handled correctly I agree with you. Time to move on. Nobody involved has to please Joe Meloni or Adam Wodon let alone the countless Twitter trolls out there.

As for hockey, I am expecting BC to be in this in the 3rd period. Maybe UMass feels a little pressure playing on the big stage. Ultimately you would think UMass just has a little too much firepower to deal with but keep it close and hope they have some nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              ...Some people can't handle the fact this appears to have been settled behind the scenes. They won't get their pound of flesh. Barring a statement from the victim, PC coaches or AD stating that they don't think this was handled correctly I agree with you. Time to move on. Nobody involved has to please Joe Meloni or Adam Wodon let alone the countless Twitter trolls out there...
                              Amen! Schools, coaches, and leagues have been dispensing discipline--effectively--behind closed doors for decades. What is it about the social media age that demands 19/20yo athletes get hauled into the virtual town square to be publicly, flogged, humiliated and tarnished for life?

As for the alleged incident itself, if the referee or an assistant referee heard a racial slur, he has an obligation under the rules to assess a mandatory game misconduct penalty [see Post 641]. There's absolutely nothing in the rule that says anything about reporting it to a team bench. Something about the way this was apparently handled on the ice doesn't compute.
                              Last edited by Split-N; 03-22-2019, 11:44 AM.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I fully expect BC to win tonight just like I thought they would be in the Garden this week before the Providence series. First when BC lost to Umass they were playing without Hustko (at Umass they lost with 2 seconds left. At BC they lost 4-2 with an ENG. AT Providence he put the team on his back and willed them to win. He is the one forward with great speed, creativity and the ability to create open ice. Secondly Umass is playing under the bright lights of the Garden for the first time for all their players, BC sees the Garden as their home away from home. Look for some jitters for UMass in the first period. Third BC has Woll and he has been solid for most of the year, the defense is not great but the problem has been the lack of offense. I look for a more balanced game and a solid performance from Woll. They are playing with house money so win and move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X