Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
    Woof. Shut out the first night, give up a 7 spot the second night. No need to panic after two games, but this team found out last year how important these early out of conference games are. They need to turn this around quickly.
    The problems they’ve had in these 2 games can be fixed and this is just early season kinks.

Looking for a W in Hamden Connecticut 🦅
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
      The problems they’ve had in these 2 games can be fixed and this is just early season kinks.

Looking for a W in Hamden Connecticut 🦅
      I agree with that. The problem is that there is a limited non-league schedule in which problems with the PWR can be fixed. That needs to start being fixed immediately.
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Really is stunning considering they have had good teams in league play.........
        Perhaps it says something about the strength of Hockey East the last couple of years.

Comment

Oh it absolutely does but that record is unfathomable

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
            Well still a work in progress

At least there were some offense but now they need to fix the defense
            The D has been a mess for years. Has been problem #1 since McCoshen & Santini, IMO. Even then, they were the only two 'true' defensemen. Our guys spend more time behind the opponents net than on the blue line. That causes big problems for our forwards, as well as defensively. Straighten that chit out, bare minimum, for starters. Nothing you can do now about big forwards pushing them around in the D zone, they just have to work harder.... it is what it is.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              The D has been a mess for years.
              Yup.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Re: Boston College Eagles �� 2018-2019

Anyway, remember when our boys would go West for two in October, blow out some great western programs and return home with 2 wins? Those times seem to be gone.

SCSU and QPac are huge.
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Really is stunning considering they have had good teams in league play. York likes to play the iron but it hasn't worked out recently.
                  right, how about changing it up one year and NOT go out west early, have a team come to Conte for the first weekend of the season? Same old , same old has not been working for a while now.

Comment

Re: Boston College Eagles �� 2018-2019

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Anyway, remember when our boys would go West for two in October, blow out some great western programs and return home with 2 wins? Those times seem to be gone.

SCSU and QPac are huge.
                    Remember when BC used to forecheck the crap out of opponents and convert for scores? And the opponent rarely forechecked BC or they'd be looking at BC odd man rushes on their net? Those times seem to be gone as well. Eagles get beaten by their old game plan now.

I did see some good forecheck turnover/conversions against New Brunswick, so I hold hope that someday this trend will turn around. Better competition... work harder.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Now that I just got my Frozen4 tickets to Buffalo I certainly hope this team rights the ship. Prices keep climbing and I may only buy when they are local (in the northeast) now. Great seats are still available including blue line in the lower level. I got club seats around the face off circle but there are very few club seats left except close to the goals or in the ends. Demand for tickets is way down for I never came close to getting such good seats before as the best I did was low in the corners of the balcony or high up(last row or two) center ice.

Comment

Weekend Preview: Boston College Eagles

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...ge-eagles.html
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                          Now that I just got my Frozen4 tickets to Buffalo I certainly hope this team rights the ship. Prices keep climbing and I may only buy when they are local (in the northeast) now. Great seats are still available including blue line in the lower level. I got club seats around the face off circle but there are very few club seats left except close to the goals or in the ends. Demand for tickets is way down for I never came close to getting such good seats before as the best I did was low in the corners of the balcony or high up(last row or two) center ice.
                          Prices keep going up and demand keeps going down. Got it NCAA, Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                            The NCAA killed a good thing. I think I paid $120 for a strip of tickets to the 1998 FF in Boston if I remember correctly.

I likely will go to Buffalo/Toronto/Niagara Falls for this event so I splurged and got tickets yesterday as well but I certainly didn't pony up and get 4, only got 2. If my other teammates/friends want to come, they will have to scalp them (hopefully for them, less than face that I paid).

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              Prices keep going up and demand keeps going down. Got it NCAA, Jesus.
                              It’s not just the NCAA, unfortunately. It seems like in the last few years Beanpot, hockey east finals, and a lot of teams are way down as well.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Fore!!!!!!!
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X