Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Kieffer Wahlstrom sticking around next year?
    Go BU!

Comment

Who the hell knows, wouldn't be surprised at all if he leaves. But he has been a pretty big disappointment.

Comment

This entire program needs to be flushed completely. Keep Woll and Cotton and maybe Hutsko if they choose not to go pro or transfer. Everyone else gets sent packing. Including the entire coaching staff.

If anyone is worth keeping for coaching staff (poor Buckley got involved in this at the wrong time), they can re-apply with the new head coach.

It's a total disgrace what has happened here. And no one that can do anything about it seems to care. Typical BC. I guess we were lucky that the hockey program could avoid the typical BC athletic department stuff for so 20+ years and it could just be left alone. Not anymore.

And it's not like the league is even that strong. Or that they have a tough schedule. They are losing night in and night out to terrible terrible hockey teams.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

With Knight coming in and Edquist returning I think Woll is gone. Mattila is solid as well but I get your point. Hopefully Cotton comes back. Really need Boldy and Newhook to be as advertised and not be what Wahlstrom has been.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
            It’s bad when you can’t even hang on for one lousy point

This team does not know how to win

You need to do the little things well also and execute it on the ice

I am not going to write a long summary because it’s pointless the glaring weaknesses of this team

It’s preferable to finish 7th and play Lowell than finish 8th and play UMass way out in Amherst playing the #1 seed
            If the playoffs started today, I think BC would play NU. NU has the first tie breaker over Lowell, a better record head to head.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              You think talent is the issue? or is it the mix of talent? They showed some graphic on TV showing all the current draft pics on BC, someone thinks there is some talent??
              I think it’s a little of everything coming to a head.

That includes coaching this year by the whole staff.

I just don’t understand why we don’t see any consistency and in game adjustments when needed

All aspects of the game needs to be addressed and why when they are playing well why can’t they do it for 60 minutes ?

Last night they play a very good first period then the 2nd period they get outshot badly and outworked and out hustled to the puck and making glaring mistakes

It’s a total team failure along with the staff

It is just hard to explain why this is happening
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                This entire program needs to be flushed completely. Keep Woll and Cotton and maybe Hutsko if they choose not to go pro or transfer. Everyone else gets sent packing. Including the entire coaching staff.

If anyone is worth keeping for coaching staff (poor Buckley got involved in this at the wrong time), they can re-apply with the new head coach.

It's a total disgrace what has happened here. And no one that can do anything about it seems to care. Typical BC. I guess we were lucky that the hockey program could avoid the typical BC athletic department stuff for so 20+ years and it could just be left alone. Not anymore.

And it's not like the league is even that strong. Or that they have a tough schedule. They are losing night in and night out to terrible terrible hockey teams.
                I just don’t get why the coaching staff is so horrible this year
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                  If the playoffs started today, I think BC would play NU. NU has the first tie breaker over Lowell, a better record head to head.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                    It's the whole thing, players too. Just incredible that they are sitting here at 10-18-3.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      If you look at the big picture, they've been pretty awful for a while now... for me it's been building for several seasons. Reg flags all over the place.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

I think you may be selling the league short. Other than BC and BU the league has done rather well out of conference. If the NCAA's were to start today Hockey East would get 4 teams in by PWR. The B1G would get only one despite being one of the two leagues with a better out of conference record than Hockey East. 3 of the 5 B1G wins over Hockey East have been against BC. Maybe the idea that worked in the past of scheduling big name out of conference teams early in the season to toughen the team is now working against BC by demoralizing them instead. It is hard to break a really bad start, a slow start maybe but not a disastrous start.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Really need Boldy and Newhook to be as advertised and not be what Wahlstrom has been.
                          That's assuming they actually show up at BC. I don't know about you, but if I were them I'd be giving second thoughts right now as to whether BC is really the best next step in my development as a player.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Only one of those teams BC is ahead of in PWR is Maine and only by one spot. Considering Maine already pasted BC this year and that these games are at Alfond...he's not wrong.
                            Hoping i'm wrong, 0-6 with 3 left

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            oh SHUT UP already
                            Looks like i've lost my sandbagging touch :-(

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                              That's assuming they actually show up at BC. I don't know about you, but if I were them I'd be giving second thoughts right now as to whether BC is really the best next step in my development as a player.
                              Not sure what the LOI situation is but obviously Canadian juniors always a threat. Especially for Newhook. Everything is on the table. I am not blaming Ayers for this at all. He has helped with Demko, Woll and landing Knight. But with York coming back I don't know how you bring the same staff back. The current configuration of Ayers as lead dog hasn't worked this year. I think it's time to part ways with him and reconfigure things. Need a top recruiter who can help in developing forwards.

Comment

Alex Newhook, Mike Hardman and Marshall Warren have signed their NLI's for next season. I could not find if Matt Boldy, Spencer Knight and Danny Weight had signed theirs. The plan has always been for Knight to come when Woll exits. Boldy was originally a 2020 recruit but his development has him moved up to 2019. I expect him to be at BC. The plan for Knight at BC has always been for him to arrive when Woll exits.

Comment

Working...
                                X