Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

BC was only team in Hockey East to dress 18 skaters. Very odd.

Comment

Hope they can rebound tomorrow for a split

Crank up that offense
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Ugh. Not the start any of us were looking for. Hope they bounce back tonight.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Fore!!!!!!
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Well still a work in progress

At least there were some offense but now they need to fix the defense

Positive on the gridiron even if it was against a weak Louisville team.

Still a concern with turnovers that led to two cardinal TDS

We have another reliable back in Bailey and he should make Dillon more effective with 2 good backs and play action more effective
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

I thought BC was in the mix for a 1 seed before this weekend and I still think that after it. Wisconsin has recruited a bunch of guys the last two years that can skate and have big motors, that's been the focus. Not a lot of super scoring threats on the team. (Sampo Ranta was the big time shooter in this bunch of freshman and he's now a gopher. I realize Wahlstrom fell to you late, but imagine you had him committed for two years, NLI signed, and then a week before school starts this year, he goes to BU instead. That's how we feel about that.) I think when you have a team like the Badgers do, it's a little easier in these early season games to tell the F's to just "Go nuts for 45 seconds and get the puck back. I don't even care what you do with it, just get it!" than it is to fit together a bunch of talented scorers. Takes a bit more finesse to get a load carrier like Wahlstrom to fit in with the other guys who are also used to carrying the offensive load. I could see in just one night they were already working together much better. I suspect there's going to be rapid improvements.

Now go win a bunch a' friggin' games, please.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                Fore!!!!!!
                Really? The season is already lost?

Comment

Anyway, I have day after Thanksgiving circled. BC clinging to a one goal lead late in the 3rd. They cover the locker room in plastic and wheel in the sparkling cider. Everything in place to celebrate finally breaking the non conference streak.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Anyway, I have day after Thanksgiving circled. BC clinging to a one goal lead late in the 3rd. They cover the locker room in plastic and wheel in the sparkling cider. Everything in place to celebrate finally breaking the non conference streak.
                    Isn’t the next game a non conference game too vs quinipiac ?

I was planning to drive down to Hamden on October 19 but I have scheduled conflict ((

This could be the 1st out of conference W in quite a long time 🦅

Comment

I didn't see the games but can someone who watched the game or games comment on their defense ?

Was it the team defense or the defensemen didn't play very well or combination of both and some bad goals let in by the netminder ?

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                        ..This could be the 1st out of conference W in quite a long time 🦅
                        think you guys will be fine L-T..but this is nuts..

from coll hockey news..
                        Boston College is 0-15-4 in its last 19 regular-season non-conference games, dating back to Nov. 2016
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: Boston College Eagles �� 2018-2019

Woof. Shut out the first night, give up a 7 spot the second night. No need to panic after two games, but this team found out last year how important these early out of conference games are. They need to turn this around quickly.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            think you guys will be fine L-T..but this is nuts..

from coll hockey news..
                            Boston College is 0-15-4 in its last 19 regular-season non-conference games, dating back to Nov. 2016
                            Really is stunning considering they have had good teams in league play. York likes to play the iron but it hasn't worked out recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                              Woof. Shut out the first night, give up a 7 spot the second night. No need to panic after two games, but this team found out last year how important these early out of conference games are. They need to turn this around quickly.
                              Claw to a .500 non conference record and call it a success based on last two years. But already facing an uphill battle going to Quinnipiac and then St. Cloud comes in. Needed one of those games against Wisconsin. Very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                                I didn't see the games but can someone who watched the game or games comment on their defense ?

Was it the team defense or the defensemen didn't play very well or combination of both and some bad goals let in by the netminder ?
                                I guess I can offer a critique.

I'd say that Woll fought the puck a little on the night. As a problem, that was compounded by D who probably weren't active enough in moving their feet and in bodying up and clearing Badger F's out, plus the BC F's were getting caught high in the zone too much. To be fair, the Badger's have a very good D corp and their in-zone offense is almost entirely get it low then move it high and across for the shot while the F's all go to the net. So, BC F's were sucked high in zone in part because everyone knew that was where the puck was going every time. But your F's still got beat back to the net when the shot came in too much, which left the D outnumbered at the net when the rebounds came loose.
                                In transition I don't think your F's backchecked all the way like you'd like see them, plus they got caught changing behind the play on occasion. With the new rule you can't make up half a sheet of ice on a change behind the play, so that's an adjustment everyone has to make. Probably also turned it over in transition a bit more than you'd like to see as well.

So I'd say when it went wrong, that's what it was. Other times it went pretty well, so I would think it's not a lot of hard fixes. Plus Woll isn't going to fight the puck on very many nights I wouldn't think. The PP looked really good for so early in the season, and in general, the rush was dangerous and in zone offense applied a lot of pressure and got off some very good shots that just didn't go. Could have easily been a different result on Saturday. But it wasn't. Ha!
                                Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 10-15-2018, 10:27 AM.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X