Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

So...... it’s tough to tell in these games

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I think New Brunswick is ranked #1 in Canada and are usually the best/one of the best programs up there. Nice play by Tortora to set that initial 2 on 1 in motion and that set the tone for the rest of that first period. Not much you can tell other than the fact an 8-1 scoreline is nice to see. BC played them last year and won 4-2.

McBain is out for a few weeks with mono. Given the depth this year, it could be an uphill battle for him to make an impact this year. We'll see how it unfolds. Looking at the way they set up the lines I really don't see a clear 4th line. Obviously Hutsko and Wahlstrom is the top line. But the other three are spread out nicely. Maybe if you had to rank them you would call that Dudek line the true 4th line.

Comment

I also found it quite interesting that BC slightly altered the home uniforms this year. Both jerseys and socks have solid maroon on the bottom of the sleeves, bottom hem, and socks below the last gold stripe. It's minor but at the same time, noticeable. I'll be curious to hear opinions. I think given the maroon gloves and pants, the additional maroon might be a bit too much and liked the previous version but it's not a big enough change for me to feel strongly either way.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Yes, it's hard to tell against these Canadian teams, but this BC team definitely appears faster and deeper than the last couple of years. The difference in team speed was obviously a major issue for New Brunswick, but that seems to be a regular issue when these Canadian colleges play top NCAA teams.

Wahlstrom's shot is as advertised. A question to be answered is whether he is the type of guy who can create his own scoring opportunities or whether he needs someone to get him the puck in position, but that might not matter anyway because it looks like Hutsko will be able to do that for him regardless.

Samuelsson is a hulking presence. I second the earlier post that he could be our first real intimidator on the back end since Santini and McCoshen.

I thought Tortora played very well and looked much improved. He came here with a pretty good reputation and it is not unusual for a player to make a significant jump from Freshman to Sophomore year, so eyes on him to see if he is indeed about to make a leap forward.

Encouraging.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

I thought the uniforms looked slightly different but couldn't determine what it was. What I don't like is the Hockey East 35 year patch. I think that looks abysmal.

After the non conference debacles of recent years just come away with at least a split. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
              Wahlstrom's shot is as advertised. A question to be answered is whether he is the type of guy who can create his own scoring opportunities or whether he needs someone to get him the puck in position, but that might not matter anyway because it looks like Hutsko will be able to do that for him regardless.
              He created his first goal. Came away from the goal line, swung around the circle and headed to the net. Unloaded a laser of a wrist shot. The one timer was just a thing of beauty. Perfect execution of the Hutsko pass and Wahlstrom shot.
              What impressed me was his accuracy... I don't recall any of his attempts going wide or high of the net. For that matter, didn't hear much glass thunder from the Eagles as a whole. Those high or wide ones never seem to go in.

New Brunswick didn't have a good showing, especially in the first, and that's what makes it difficult to gauge the performance. There were times when NB turned up the play and we got the penalty bug. That worries me a bit. That has been an achilles heel the past few years.

Looking forward to the next few weeks to see where we stand.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Re: Boston College Eagles �� 2018-2019

Looks like the aforementioned uniform tweaks also apply to the roads, where they've put gold to fill in the bottom of sleeves/bottom hem underneath the striping. I have only seen a partial picture of it, but I think this one will be particularly sharp and a nice small upgrade.

Two big ones vs Wisconsin. Last season's winless, clownshow non-conference record was a total traveshamockery. And for you folks that like little factoids, it's been almost 23 months since they last BEAT a non-Hockey East squad (11/13/16 vs Arizona State) in a game that counts.

Win these freaking games so I don't have to hear BC twits that come around only in March and April whining about the PWR in March and that team ____________ is in the tournament and "NOT AS GOOD AS US!!!"
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I'd be happy with one this weekend. Just find a way to win at least one of these games and go from there.

Comment

Nick Nick Nick..... NO team is ever as good as the igles
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

One thing I didn't realize until now but it looks like BC/ND are piggybacking on the Bruins/Blackhawks playing at Notre Dame Stadium on New Year's Day. While not playing outside, BC is playing at Notre Dame New Year's Eve (at least I don't think that game is scheduled to be outdoors). Regardless, nice piece of scheduling to put that together.

What do you guys think about the extra skater tonight? I'm leaning towards dressing all 7 dmen instead of a 13th forward. Difficult to explain but I just think there's more value in dressing an extra dman if you have the depth/talent to do. Whether you think that would be Karow, McInnis or Samuelsson I think that's the way they will play it tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        I'd be happy with one this weekend. Just find a way to win at least one of these games and go from there.
                        Stop you sound like a BU fan happy with mediocrity.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

So be it. When you compile the non conference record they have over the past two years...you wouldn't take a split here? Not like they are playing Sacred Heart, Bentley, Army, Colgate, St. Lawrence, RIT, RPI like the rest of Hockey East. What a collection of suck that is. I would love a sweep, just think a split is more realistic. Hope I am underestimating them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                            Yes, it's hard to tell against these Canadian teams, but this BC team definitely appears faster and deeper than the last couple of years. The difference in team speed was obviously a major issue for New Brunswick, but that seems to be a regular issue when these Canadian colleges play top NCAA teams.

Samuelsson is a hulking presence. I second the earlier post that he could be our first real intimidator on the back end since Santini and McCoshen.

I thought Tortora played very well and looked much improved. He came here with a pretty good reputation and it is not unusual for a player to make a significant jump from Freshman to Sophomore year, so eyes on him to see if he is indeed about to make a leap forward.

Encouraging.
                            I'm more optimistic not only of the offensive talent coming in but this year if they fall behind, they should be able to come from behind more.

A guy like Walhstrom can make other players play better.

The freshmen and sophmores are now more experienced and we have a few seniors this year. Hopefully Fitz can provide leadership along with the juniors.

Adding some size is good too especially with Samuelsson on the blue line.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Watched this whole thing... Looked and played the same as last year. Where is Samuelsson?
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

It seems they chose not to dress a 19th skater. Why not take advantage of that? Better come away with a win tomorrow or they will already be fighting an uphill battle.

Comment

Working...
                                X