Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

I'd prefer Santa deliver Wahlstrom a more diverse skill set.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
      Curious... for Christmas, do you want Santa to deliver Whalstrom to the USHL?
      No. Guys struggle when they make the step up. The best thing he can do is to keep his nose to the grind atone and work his arse off and good things will happen. He's got one of the best in the business in Jerry York at developing talent for the next level. Listen to what he says.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Please win tomorrow.

That is all.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

So at this point the law of averages says they have to get a non-conference win again sometime, right?
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
            So at this point the law of averages says they have to get a non-conference win again sometime, right?
            Apparently not. It really is an embarrassment. I am ready for this season to be over.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Apparently not. It really is an embarrassment. I am ready for this season to be over.
              I say we play the rest of the season running time.

Comment

I'd say this is getting ugly, but it's already there.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                BU - 2

Comment

The OOC thing doesn't bother me much. I know fans expect BC to compete for an NCAA berth but I don't think a lot of fans are being realistic about the situation the Program is in. The amount of talent lost after the 2016 season couldn't be replaced in short order. The state of recruiting in hockey contributed to the problem and to the difficulty in rebounding from the problem. With offers and commitments being given and accepted three or four years prior to enrollment, there aren't a lot of late bloomer high end talents left if you need to find talent on short order. So, when you lose a group of talent, there is going to be a multi year gap before you can replace them. BC isn't alone here. Look at the other blue blood College Hockey Programs. BU, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, North Dakota, they've all had rough periods lately. When you recruit all these young blue chip players, it's a double edged sword. The ones that work out are going to leave school early. The ones that don't develop are going to be around for four years. Eventually, it seems, teams wind up with not enough of the former and too many of the latter. No other school has worked through this in less than three or four years. Why expect BC to be different? If you're going to hold up the OOC record with one hand, maybe you should hold up the first place finishes from the last two seasons in the other hand? I'm of the opinion that BC is already on the way back. Not this year. McBain, McLaughlin, Wahlstrom (I think he might return for another year of development) and Finklestein are good players. They'll be better next year. The year after is when I expect BC to make some real NCAA noise. I'm hoping that the new Recruiting Rules are accepted by the Coaches at their Convention in April. That would bring recruiting back towards what it used to be like. Schools couldn't have direct contact with a player until Sept.1 of the players Junior year. I know that there are always loopholes but it's a start.

Comment

Total clownshow right now in the athletic department. Hockey is in worse shape than basketball and football. BUT, all 3 need new coaches. Jarmond missed the mark and EXTENDED another average at best coach like his predecessors. SAD. Now he has 3 coaching debacles to clean up simultaneously (or he is ok with 6-7 wins forever in football).

Look we can wax poetic about recruiting rules and all this other nonsense. Bottom line, this team has far more talent than glorified club teams like Bentley and Arizona freaking State. Arizona. State. And yet they are losing to them. Guess why that is happening? COACHING.

God help us all if York doesn't retire after this year. He could have gone out on top. Or close to it. We're in Berenson/Parker/Umile territory now. It's a shame. That being said, when York goes, you change the entire staff. York/Ayers/McInnis. DRAIN THE RINK. They've presided over this entire collapse. (Buckley obviously gets a pass but not sure keeping him for continuity is worth it or how involved he is to future recruits).

I honestly think a good coach could clean this mess up quickly. This is probably rock bottom but I believe it's fixable.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I wouldn't forget about the players. A lot of upperclassmen have let them down so far this year.

There are still some very good recruits lined up, so I agree. Hire the right guy and it should be a manageable transition.

Comment

I wouldn't forget about the players. A lot of upperclassmen have let them down so far this year.

There are still some very good recruits lined up, so I agree. Hire the right guy and it should be a manageable transition.
                        The fact that upcoming recruits (Cam York, Patrick Moynihan, the Siedems) have been decommitting is what really scares me.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                        BU - 2

Comment

Think you have three or more first rounders coming in. You'll be fine. You and BU will pass us for most draft picks on the roster next year for the first time in probably a long time. Number of draft picks isn't the most important thing but it's an indicator of the raw talent level overall.

Think you just need a fresh voice.

Comment

Just end this season. Jesus Christ what an embarrassment.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

And cancel all future non conference games.

Comment

Four first rounders coming in from Button's newest list.
                                https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-hugh...iors-1.1237475

That could be one of the best classes ever on paper.

Comment

Working...
                                X