Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Those are Brown's guys out there and the D is a big part of the problem. I welcome the change.
    BC hasn't done squat since Cav and Logue left. That's the presence that is missing. Not sure it will work with Cav in a different role (as HC), but I think he deserves the shot. Cav played a big part in 4 national titles here.
    Isn't the BC head supposed to be a BC grad (Mike Milbury excepted)?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Isn't the BC head supposed to be a BC grad (Mike Milbury excepted)?
      Not that I'm aware of.
      Kind of like if you're gonna play hockey at Minnesota, you have to be born and raised in Minnesota?
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
        College hockey has changed over the last half dozen years. More and more teams are going with the older, stronger and more fully developed players who are at their peak already. Schools such as BC and BU still go for the young cream of the crop players who need to fine tune their game still but have much higher ceilings. If they do and also stay the potential for an NC caliber team is strong but in the meantime there will be growing pains. The champions of the last half decade have clearly followed the new method. Wonder if BC should incorporate a few of those players too.
        Out west, the change to older players happened a long time ago. the more current change is that there is almost never a younger player that has a NHL future that stays for a breakout year. It is so cheap for the NHL to sign these rookies, and there are so many nhl teams that need players, that they always go pro earlier, and earlier. Except goalies, of course.
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

From watching BC last 2 seasons and this year so far, they lack the physicality they use to have when they had guys like Santini and McCoshen. Guys like McGinnis lack that physical presence and to be honest #3 consistently makes too many bad plays in the defensive zone and in the neutral zone that lead to turnovers and scoring for opponents.

The team as a whole need to start playing better defense or this going to be a long season.

Capt Fitz needs to show some leadership which I don’t see and Kim needs to do that too.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Solid win for the football team . 6-2 is about as much as we could have hoped for at this point . 3rd crowd over 40,000 so far . Solid game by Brown and defense in the 4th was outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
              From watching BC last 2 seasons and this year so far, they lack the physicality they use to have when they had guys like Santini and McCoshen. Guys like McGinnis lack that physical presence and to be honest #3 consistently makes too many bad plays in the defensive zone and in the neutral zone that lead to turnovers and scoring for opponents.
              This comes as no surprise to those of us who witnessed McGinnis's play in NE prep. Those impressive offensive stats don't always outweigh the defensive miscues/deficiencies, do they? Hopefully big boy Samuelsson will quickly adjust to college hockey and make more of an impact on the defense than just being the extra 19th skater/7th dman. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                Solid win for the football team . 6-2 is about as much as we could have hoped for at this point . 3rd crowd over 40,000 so far . Solid game by Brown and defense in the 4th was outstanding.
                I bet BC will look like steaming hot garbage on the road at VTech this weekend. TOB had the Notre Dame game. Daz has the red bandanna game. It's nice for Daz to pick this game to finally do things a football coach should do ... not sure why he has to pretend like he can't just do this every week.

I don't know what to say about the hockey program that I haven't already said. Given what Merrimack did to BU in North Andover 2 weeks ago, I'd say 0-5 is a good possibility.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  I don't know what to say about the hockey program that I haven't already said. Given what Merrimack did to BU in North Andover 2 weeks ago, I'd say 0-5 is a good possibility.
                  I'm not expecting a W at Mack. That's a tough barn to win in even with a FF team.
                  If we're swept in the home and home, yikes!

Has anyone noticed?.... Eagles hockey has really fallen off the cliff since they discontinued Jumbo hot dogs on the concourse. Bring back the jumbo's, with sauerkraut please. Make it worth my while to show up!
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Looks like they went back to top line from last year and that has worked tonight. Only downside is Wahlstrom doesn't appear to have chemistry with anybody. Need to find someone who can set him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      I bet BC will look like steaming hot garbage on the road at VTech this weekend. TOB had the Notre Dame game. Daz has the red bandanna game. It's nice for Daz to pick this game to finally do things a football coach should do ... not sure why he has to pretend like he can't just do this every week.

They can and should finish 9-3 assuming they're no match for Clemson. #2 looks dinged up and hurt.

FSU is beatable even if on the road. Orange is here though but winnable.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Condolences

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/o...&template=mwdt
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          I was afraid of the same but pleasantly surprised. Keep it respectable vs Clemson ( it’s the Saturday night national TV game and ESPN GameDay is broadcast from campus ) and let’s see what happens . 8-4 is a step up certainly but 9-3 would be great get them a good bowl
                          Last edited by sterlippo1; 11-04-2018, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            I was afraid of the same but pleasantly surprised. Keep it respectable vs Clemson ( it’s the Saturday night national TV game and ESPN GameDay is broadcast from campus ) and let’s see what happens . 8-4 is a step up certainly but 9-3 would be great get them a good bowl
                            A good 'warm weather' bowl.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Getting back to our ice warriors glad they got their first W. A work in progress developing chemistry and both sides of the ice in the defensive zone and offensive zone.

Saw a little more grit and fight but still a few mistakes that can lead to scoring opportunities for the opposing team.

Bad drop passes, blind passes that get picked off but Friday I saw more feistiness from Luke Mcinnis on defense.

It looked like BC was going to get 30 shots on net in the first period but then it suddenly stopped and into the 2nd period there were not many shots on net.

I saw more bombs and one timers but the MC goalie was alert and good.

Sometimes they try to get too fancy with their passing and plays.

As I mentioned before sometimes they try to get fancy with their drop passes but the timing was off and picked off by MC alert defense.

There was one pass from the corner from a forward to the front, right to the MC defenseman. The BC forward blindly threw it in front without looking. It’s little things like that they have to clean up.

Good teams will make you pay for mistakes like that.

Hopefully against UVM they will be on their game.

Comment

Next four all at home:

UVM x2
                                UNH
                                Bentley

A chance to climb out of the W/L hole before series with BU.

Comment

Working...
                                X