Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
    Oy vey. York IS going to go full Bobby Bowden. It pains me to say this. Everyone knows there is no way BC would ever force him out the door, but I was really hoping he'd have the self-awareness to realize that the game is starting to pass him by. I know that was a lot to ask. Sigh.
    So in other words....Jerry York is "umileating" himself by sticking around?
    UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
      Oy vey. York IS going to go full Bobby Bowden. It pains me to say this. Everyone knows there is no way BC would ever force him out the door, but I was really hoping he'd have the self-awareness to realize that the game is starting to pass him by. I know that was a lot to ask. Sigh.
      I feel a *little* pain, even as a Maine fan, because Jewwy's BC teams have always been so fun to watch OOC, and in the NCAA tournament.

Having said that, Maine and BC are both in the same boat right now: a few bricks short of a load, recruiting-wise. That seems to be a crap-shoot each and every year lately, and the PWR provides ample evidence even as we speak. (Arizona State, really?!?)

Looking like a scratch-and-claw deal right now, and tradition doesn't count for much anymore.

Comment

It always ends badly, otherwise it wouldn’t end
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Having said that, Maine and BC are both in the same boat right now .
          FSteve may have just shot himself
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Looking at the standings I recognize one reason as to why some like all teams making the playoffs. With only 8 making it now, it's pretty clear which 8 teams will be in the playoffs. Doesn't look too promising for Vermont, UConn and Merrimack. BC doesn't get any of them down the stretch. They won't have much to play for other than pride. Hopefully they don't pack it in.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Hopefully they don't pack it in.
              On the other hand, there are "some" teams that seemingly have a lot to play for but are playing as though they have already packed it in....

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                It always ends badly, otherwise it wouldn’t end
                That saying always sounds good. Not always true though. See Elway, John.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

3 straight regular season titles. You guys want to see a lost fastball lets trade Jerry for Red Gendron. Get a grip.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                    3 straight regular season titles. You guys want to see a lost fastball lets trade Jerry for Red Gendron. Get a grip.
                    The Big Ten was weak for a while but Don Lucia should have been let go at six straight regular season championships.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                      In 2007 you could have argued in favor of Timmy that he had made back to back frozen fours. BC has declined a lot in the last 10 years and for people to argue otherwise is foolish. I could tell five years ago they were on the same path Maine traveled and it has proven to be true.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                        This needs some context. The last two seasons really weren't bad years. They were solid years rebounding from a mass exodus of players. Just missed the NCAA tourney both times. However, that was supposed to turn into something this year. The entire team is back and they have vastly underachieved. To be sitting at 10-14 is a complete disaster of a season really when this should have been a clear cut NCAA tourney team. This year is why I am concerned. Could he still turn it around over the next couple years? Sure, but this has been the most disappointing team in his entire tenure at BC.

Drew, one caveat. Maine took the LSSU path back into obscurity. There is no guarantee Maine ever gets back to the Shawn Walsh days. BC, however, should be able to turn this around rather quickly if they hire the right guy. A la Quinn at BU.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          This needs some context. The last two seasons really weren't bad years. They were solid years rebounding from a mass exodus of players. Just missed the NCAA tourney both times. However, that was supposed to turn into something this year. The entire team is back and they have vastly underachieved. To be sitting at 10-14 is a complete disaster of a season really when this should have been a clear cut NCAA tourney team. This year is why I am concerned. Could he still turn it around over the next couple years? Sure, but this has been the most disappointing team in his entire tenure at BC.

Drew, one caveat. Maine took the LSSU path back into obscurity. There is no guarantee Maine ever gets back to the Shawn Walsh days. BC, however, should be able to turn this around rather quickly if they hire the right guy. A la Quinn at BU.
                          Who would be your candidates/preferences as a suitable replacement?
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

There’s a good chance no team ever reaches the heights Shawn reached at Maine. The game has changed a lot in the past however many years. We can both blame coaching, and it’s part of the issue, but I think Maine would have declined to some degree along with all the other top programs. York is copping it right now, but I’m sure systemic issues are as much to blame as he is.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                              Who would be your candidates/preferences as a suitable replacement?
                              The obvious answer is Greg Brown. I know he is very well respected but he still doesn't have head coaching experience. One guy without college coaching experience is Scott Gordon. The Flyers are hot right now so perhaps he gets the permanent job there. If he doesn't, I would take a strong look at him. Pair him up with a proven college recruiter and I think you'd be in business. If you want an outside the box hire, Dave Hakstol is looking for work. Never won a national title at UND but has an outstanding resume. I don't think Mike Cavanaugh would be a candidate right now. Still a lot to prove at UConn. Beyond that, I think you would at least sniff around to see if any current D1 head coaches would be interested. That could go in a number of different directions.

Comment

But with the contract extension in place, who the hell knows when you go to hire a coach 2-3 years from now. The list won't be the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X