X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles �� 2018-2019

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    WHAT?!?!? OMG. RIP FiveHole12.

Top notch hockey guy; he clearly knew what he was talking about. Which is pretty rare.
    yep. In honor of Steve i will say he knew his "chit" as he used to say.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
      My heart just sank. Whenever I went to a game I always tried to sit in section P where Steve was. RIP.
      I know Mike. He was quite a guy. It was a privilege to have known such a wonderful , caring man.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
        I'm stunned by this, Joe. I was up at Alfond years ago for a BC-Maine game and noticed that the guy in front of me was wearing a hat from my HS alma mater in Brockton, It turns out his brother was/is the AD there. That began a great friendship. My wife and I would walk over to his section before every game to see how much popcorn he had spilled! I lost touch when I moved to RI and gave up my BC tickets. Steve was one of the good guys.
        i know it, thought of you first when i posted. I didnt know about his brother's position all this time until the recent UMaine weekend. We had a blast and I'm so thankful that i got to spend that weekend with him at a place, HIS place, way up in Maine, his old fishing area. .........................................the popcorn!!!! I also used to give him a hard time every time he bought popcorn, which was almost every game. He was ****ED when they stopped selling clam chowder! Lots of incredible memories topped off with the trip to Tampa in 2012 .

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          That is terrible news. I don't know what to say, other than RIP, Steve.

And for the rest of us, enjoy every day to the fullest.
          Amen Terrier brother.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Wow
            he was a big fan of your's, truth be told. ;-)

Comment

For those interested (thank you Nick, he was a HUGE fan of your's!) the wake and funeral information will be posted on Sullivan Funeral Home's website in Hanover MA (Steve Gerrish) tomorrow as i believe the arrangements were made just today. One of his daughter's let me know a couple hours ago. On behalf of Steve, thank you all. I will be sure to tell his girls. Here is just a sample of what Steve was all about:

http://www.wickedlocal.com/article/2...NEWS/301199509

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                It is with great sadness that i share the sad news of the passing of our dear friend and long time poster , FiveHole12. I met Steve about 12 years ago and have been good friends ever since. He was a wonderful, giving, thoughtful human being and will be missed. Please pray for our hockey brother. I was with him at the BC at Maine weekend at the end of the regular season and shortly there after i got a phone call from him and he explained what was happening. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor and while the surgery was successful , it was the infection he developed afterwards that took him from us. R.I.P my buddy, i will miss you.
                Cancer sucks!

He was a great poster and through his posts, you could feel his passion for BC hockey. He will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  It is with great sadness that i share the sad news of the passing of our dear friend and long time poster , FiveHole12. I met Steve about 12 years ago and have been good friends ever since. He was a wonderful, giving, thoughtful human being and will be missed. Please pray for our hockey brother. I was with him at the BC at Maine weekend at the end of the regular season and shortly there after i got a phone call from him and he explained what was happening. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor and while the surgery was successful , it was the infection he developed afterwards that took him from us. R.I.P my buddy, i will miss you.
                  Wow, that is some horrible news. Best wishes to his family and may he rest in peace.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                  BC - 12
                  BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

My condolences to the FH12's family and the BC Hockey family. I always appreciated his insight and what he posted even if we disagreed. May he rest in peace.
                    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

That is a shame. Best to Steve's family and friends.

Comment

NOOO! Oh I am beyond sad to hear this. May his memory be eternal. And my condolences to the BC Hockey family who lost one of their best.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          NOOO! Oh I am beyond sad to hear this. May his memory be eternal. And my condolences to the BC Hockey family who lost one of their best.
                          So sorry to hear this news...condolences to all who knew him.
                          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Echoing all of the prior posts. Very sorry to hear the news.

Comment

Ditto. Very sad to hear. My condolences as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Who recruits the players that should be able to put the puck in the net? Or defend their own zone?
                                They were FF teams in 2014 and 2016, lost 7 players in 2016 and had to reload in 3 months. Tolvensen doesn't show up because he couldn't get out of high school. There are problems for sure and the talent level is not the same but the coaches have not forgotten how to coach and motivate. Thinking otherwise is nonsense.
                                Last edited by DNAEagle; 05-14-2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X