Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

But are all of those guys actually going to be at BC in the fall?

Comment

Gotta have faith

Comment

Losing Cam York was attributed to Greg Brown leaving. Not sure exactly why the Siedems and Moynihan fell through. But after all is said and done, BC loses 5/6 players next year and brings in 5/6. Warren and Finklestein replace Kim and Cfitz. Newhook and Boldy replace Brown and Dudek. Knight replaces Woll. Weight replaces Wahlstrom.

Comment

Tortora has had a decent start in the OHL. Not sure the coaching staff handled him as best they could. They completely buried him this year after he at least had a promising freshman season. And they aren't getting any production from the guys they wanted to take his spot.

With the loss of Samuelsson, they're probably looking to add a dman for next year. But ya, overall they are fine numbers wise. It's very important that this next class actually come to BC though. Further defections based on the current struggles of the team/questions about York would be a killer.

Comment

I'm not sure what happened with Tortora this year. I, too, expected him to play and contribute. Six D is not enough, they will need 1 or 2 depth guys. Your point about this next class showing up is on the button. It could even be extended to including the '20 class.

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
              I'm not sure what happened with Tortora this year. I, too, expected him to play and contribute. Six D is not enough, they will need 1 or 2 depth guys. Your point about this next class showing up is on the button. It could even be extended to including the '20 class.
              And I don't see what reason there is to be confident that they will. The blood is in the water, and once it is, the sharks follow.
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Don't give up on this year yet. Hoping to see Moore back soon with Finklestein adding offensive power from the point and an improved Wahlstrom. All it takes is to win a wide open Hockey East championship and nobody is a clear favorite. They need offense and if something clicks things can get much better. BC has made second half runs before and by second half I mean with the start of conference play in January.

Comment

Well it certainly appears as if they are the 4th best team in the conference behind UMass, PC and NU. Haven't played any of those teams yet so the conference schedule is gonna get more difficult. Sure, they could certainly get to the Garden and in theory have a shot of winning the title. My problem is it shouldn't have come to this AGAIN. There's no other way to spin the non conference streak. It's embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                    Gotta have faith
                    Can't believe what I'm reading. Debbie Downer wrote "Gotta have faith"? Hell must have just froze over.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                      Can't believe what I'm reading. Debbie Downer wrote "Gotta have faith"? Hell must have just froze over.
                      Four first rounders lined up including a goalie

BC is going to be fine. They just need a fresh voice at the top like we finally got. Their turnaround could be even faster than ours. They could compete next year whereas I see us competing in two.
                      Last edited by Bonin21; 01-08-2019, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Well it certainly appears as if they are the 4th best team in the conference behind UMass, PC and NU. Haven't played any of those teams yet so the conference schedule is gonna get more difficult. Sure, they could certainly get to the Garden and in theory have a shot of winning the title. My problem is it shouldn't have come to this AGAIN. There's no other way to spin the non conference streak. It's embarrassing.
                        Boohooohooo.... only 6-1-2 in conference play.

You need your vag slapped. Quit crying meow.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          Boohooohooo.... only 6-1-2 in conference play.

You need your vag slapped. Quit crying meow.
                          Time to call your doctor again...

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                            Four first rounders lined up including a goalie

BC is going to be fine. They just need a fresh voice at the top like we finally got. Their turnaround could be even faster than ours. They could compete next year whereas I see us competing in two.
                            You missed my point. LMAO. You are by far the most negative person I've ever seen on this board and you're talking about "faith"? That's a non-sequitur coming from you Debbie. BTW your level of predictability is zero.

Comment

Drew Helleson (USA-U-18) Defenseman from Minnesota will likely be at BC this Fall. He appears to be a very good two way player who can make plays. 4 goals 8 assists in in 32 games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Seacaptim View Post
                                Drew Helleson (USA-U-18) Defenseman from Minnesota will likely be at BC this Fall. He appears to be a very good two way player who can make plays. 4 goals 8 assists in in 32 games this year.
                                We were kinda hoping he'd come home cuz we need all the help we can get on defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X