• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    Is Cotton good or what?
    jump down
    turn around
    pass the puck to cotton
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles �� 2018-2019

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
      Prayers up for 9. That was gut-wrenching...Kid is a ton of fun to watch, hope he can recover quickly.
      Amen.

Also a tip of the Husky helmet to BC. Those performances against UMass and NU were nothing short of courageous.
      Last edited by Split-N; 03-24-2019, 07:52 AM.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles �� 2018-2019

Best wishes for a healthy recovery to Hutsko. Congrats to BC for being in the Championship game. A team that certainly under achieved in the regular season but rose to the challenge at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Agree NU has a shot.
          UMass needs to significantly tighten up the D zone or they'll be golfing soon. They need to think D first, then the offense will take care of itself.
          PC? Do they have a backup goaltender that can keep the puck out of the net? Their regular guy really struggles at it.
          The one that leads the school in career wins and shutouts? That one?
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            Put a fork in BC. They're done!
            The early 1st goal should have woke the team up to play better defense and a sense of urgency

But then to let up 2 more basically did put a fork in the team

2 goals closed it within 1 but BC never could recover and get the game tying goal

The 3rd was pretty much NU playing great team defense and not allowing BC that many scoring threats through much of the 3rd period

I was hoping Hutsko’s unfortunate accident would rally the team but they just did not have any more energy and push to rally on offense

The early meltdown in part reflects how and why BC has a horrendous season record due in part to a very suspect defense and a weak offense that could not bailout the defensive breakdowns in many games
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
              The early 1st goal should have woke the team up to play better defense and a sense of urgency

But then to let up 2 more basically did put a fork in the team

2 goals closed it within 1 but BC never could recover and get the game tying goal

The 3rd was pretty much NU playing great team defense and not allowing BC that many scoring threats through much of the 3rd period

I was hoping Hutsko’s unfortunate accident would rally the team but they just did not have any more energy and push to rally on offense

The early meltdown in part reflects how and why BC has a horrendous season record due in part to a very suspect defense and a weak offense that could not bailout the defensive breakdowns in many games
              I saw it like a terrible d early, and suspect goaltending in the first on the second and third goals against BC. Then a rally and a momentum swing, only to be deflated when the Hutsko mishap happened. Then NU played great team defense. Both sides should be commended and feel proud. But NU goes on and should do well in playoffs.

Go Huskies, Go Minutemen, Go Friars!!!

We can all cheer on our hockey east companions... to not is to wish a down fall. Make HE proud and kick some!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                I saw it like a terrible d early, and suspect goaltending in the first on the second and third goals against BC. Then a rally and a momentum swing, only to be deflated when the Hutsko mishap happened. Then NU played great team defense. Both sides should be commended and feel proud. But NU goes on and should do well in playoffs.

Go Huskies, Go Minutemen, Go Friars!!!

We can all cheer on our hockey east companions... to not is to wish a down fall. Make HE proud and kick some!
                I am more forgiving of Woll

In my opinion his defense let him down with poor coverage and turnovers in the BC end

I have seen the same thing over and over on this defense

They just cannot cover anyone effectively and consistently turn it over in the defensive zone and bad decisions with the puck
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Indeed we can only hope that there speedy and complete recovery for Hutsko, he was terrific and a real threat every time he stepped on the ice for the last 4 or 5 games. The second goal was a very uncharacteristic fumble by Woll. NU is a very good team and if their tender is on they could be in Buffalo. Their PP was just unbelievable, 1:55 and BC never touched the puck, I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like that. The killers were completely gassed. They had some good chances throughout the second and third periods and they just missed at the very end. Good effort, they came close and in the last 7 games they were the team that we thought they would be at the beginning of the season .

The notion there should be a coaching change is nonsense. They went to FF 2014 and 2016, lost 7 guys at the end of 16 which scrambled all the recruiting eggs for the next three seasons. There are some guys who would probably would be playing on other teams. In 2017 the tied for the RS first place, last year they won the RS and the last two years they played in the league championship and lost in close games. I don' t think there is any other league team that can make that claim. College hockey has changed (just at NoDak and Minnie) and the elite players do not stay for 4 years, unlike in the JY Golden Years when many of the high end kids stayed for 4 years. We need to have a better start to the season and get forwards with speed who can create time and space and a few burly defensemen. We will still compete at the highest level.
                  Last edited by DNAEagle; 03-24-2019, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I just saw that Woll signed. I assume this is no surprise, and Spencer Knight is the man for next year.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      I am more forgiving of Woll

In my opinion his defense let him down with poor coverage and turnovers in the BC end

I have seen the same thing over and over on this defense

They just cannot cover anyone effectively and consistently turn it over in the defensive zone and bad decisions with the puck
                      #6 and #4 couldn't ceil the zone. Need better d in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                        What I mean by this is when they swing to point with nobody in stride... have to get down and ceil it. Watching your team reminded me of my own... complete horse ****.

Comment

Anyone hear any news about Hutsko? Hoping for the best.
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            In general no one is a stellar cover guy on the BC defense

I can also point to #2 and #5 making glaring mistakes in the defensive zone for BC but #7 and #3 are not exactly great either

During the season they all made mistakes that cost the team

Another example is the inability to get puck out of the BC zone

The clears are often intercepted and the pressure and cycling continues in the BC defensive zone

They’re either too soft or not adequately cleared

For example using the glass more to get puck out the zone and making the opposing team clear the zone and relieving the pressure

Playing defense takes a lot energy and is tiring and if the opposing team continues to control the puck in the BC defensive zone you start to get gassed

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                              Anyone hear any news about Hutsko? Hoping for the best.
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                Silly me not saying NEW news....
                                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Working...
                                X