Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Wow. A rough start to the season for sure but people are ready to run York out the door? Seems premature after winning hockey east regular season last year doesn’t it?
    Last edited by ericredaxe; 11-23-2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Wow. A rough start to the season for sure but people are ready to run York out the door? Seems premature after winning hockey east regular season last year doesn’t it?
      Obviously bc isn’t uhn

The bar is higher
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
        Fire everyone.

But in all seriousness. York should not coach beyond this season. Period. This is more pressing than firing Jim Christian or Steve Addazio. Neither of the 3 big coaches should be coaching at BC come next fall. End of story. Time for Jarmond to do his thing.
        If York wants to coach next year, Jarmond isn't going to do anything. Hopefully York realizes the time has come. And if he doesn't, hopefully his wife or someone close to him can get to him. It's one thing when you are expecting a rebuilding year but this has just been a colossal failure so far when there is no reason this team shouldn't be better than the previous two years. At this point I have to look at losing Greg Brown. While he was here during some average years, losing him has to explain why this team has gone from average to terrible.
        Last edited by J.D.; 11-23-2018, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
          If it makes you feel any better Bentley had has some uncanny success against Hockey East teams including BU. A major program win for sure but maybe not THE signature win.
          Bentley = the Rodney Dangerfield of Cawledge Hawkey. Now beaten BC, UML, UNH, NU (more than once), BU, and UMaine, and Yukon before they joined HEA.

Comment

Can someone please explain to me how BC lost to Bentley? Is this the loss that finally makes Jerry York step down?
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

This BC team plays 20:00 games. Did it last week against UNH too. Play like crap for 2 periods and spot the opponent 2 goals. Play hard in the third to tie it.
              They tried the same technique against Bentley and got burned.

Throw in the fact that they aren't as good as they might think they are and it's gonna be a very long season.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                Can someone please explain to me how BC lost to Bentley?
                Anything is possible when you're bad

Comment

Guys..... Jesus Christ this has been building for many years now. You really think Brown leaving this season is the problem? Our teams have sucked generally since that 2012 title. Start with that freshman class from that season and there is clue #1. And even Cavanaugh was here for that mess. But really this crap show has been going on for a while and coincides far better with a) Cavanaugh departure b) York detached retina c) Logue departure.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

You can't say it has been building for many years when this clearly should have been their best team in three years. Something has gone dramatically wrong for them to be this bad this year. They were picked to be best team in the league for a reason.

Comment

I agree that the overall success of the program was down even with Brown here. I am specifically talking about last year to this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        this clearly should have been their best team in three years.
                        This isn’t much of an argument given how awful BC has been all 3 seasons.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Ok we have different definitions of awful I guess

Comment

Eichel to BU shifted the landscape of college hockey recruiting. BU now gets like 90% of the 5 star recruits from that area and a good chunk of the ones from beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                              From bad to worse for BC. Can't believe this happened with Wahlstrom.
                              The kid clearly demonstrated he has no loyalty before he ever set foot on campus. How anyone CAN be surprised if he leaves is what's surprising to me.
                              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                              BC - 12
                              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

This has degenerated into an unmitigated disaster. This team is deficient in all aspects of the game. Two months into the season, it appears they have developed zero chemistry. The lack of team speed compared to past teams in the York era is galling. I don't think what's broken gets fixed, at least not this year, and perhaps longer. As BC fans we all have had a great run for almost 20 years, but it's over. Sigh.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                                BC - 12
                                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X