Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
    I have a hard time remembering feeling the disgusted after a BC game. To get blown out, on your own ice, by a team four games under .500. Deficient in every aspect of the game. What is broken here, is not going to get fixed, not during the course of the remainder of the season at least. And if it was solely a lack of talent, I'd be more understanding, but it was a cavalcade of mental errors, lack of effort, and a lack of pride. It is unimaginable how far things have fallen.
    Shoulda went to the Bentley game. Paid $100 for 4 tickets and got to see them thoroughly outplayed for the better part of the game by a team that was 3-7-1 going in. So it wasn't a total loss one of the Bentley players flipped a puck to my grandson during warm ups.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

I have a hard time remembering feeling the disgusted after a BC game. To get blown out, on your own ice, by a team four games under .500. Deficient in every aspect of the game. What is broken here, is not going to get fixed, not during the course of the remainder of the season at least. And if it was solely a lack of talent, I'd be more understanding, but it was a cavalcade of mental errors, lack of effort, and a lack of pride. It is unimaginable how far things have fallen.
      I have a feeling leadership is very lacking on this team. Captain and Assistant captain ????
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        How come on mobile when you click Last Page on your thread it goes to the first page? Yours is the only one I've seen like that.
        It has something to do with that eagle emoji in the thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
          I have a feeling leadership is very lacking on this team. Captain and Assistant captain ????
          Coach and assistant coaches?
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
            Shoulda went to the Bentley game. Paid $100 for 4 tickets and got to see them thoroughly outplayed for the better part of the game by a team that was 3-7-1 going in. So it wasn't a total loss one of the Bentley players flipped a puck to my grandson during warm ups.
            I WAS there as the Bentley game. Last night was worse.
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
            BU - 2

Comment

This is the slowest BC team in years. They never get a fast jump coming down the ice and have no burst of jets like previous teams. Almost looks like they are trying to finesse a goal instead of working their tails off. Gone is the excitement of an odd man rush full of speed. You expect them to somehow lose control or just dump it in the zone and let the other team take over. Maine had a lot more pep in their rushes. BC needs to regain desire in order to win. If anything Edquist kept them in the game until it finally got out of hand.
              Last edited by BC/HE; 01-17-2019, 10:38 PM. Reason: Sp

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Wow, Maine is awful if that helps any

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                I don't think it helped them Wally.

Comment

Coach and assistant coaches?
                  It's everything. Here are the records previous two seasons:

21-15-4
                  20-14-3

Not great obviously, BUT it was with the caveat that everything was building towards this year. This was supposed to be the season where they fully recover from the mass exodus a few years back. They lost ONE player from last year. Kevin Lohan, a grad transfer from Michigan. That's it. And now not only do you not take that next step forward but you actually are in the process of taking a giant step backwards? That is just a colossal debacle from the players and coaches. My conclusion is that even though they were mediocre the last couple years with Greg Brown on staff, the wheels have come off without him. Most of the upperclassmen have been a huge disappointment this year. Coaches don't have any answers. It's clearly time. York is obviously the greatest, most accomplished coach in the history of the sport. I don't want to see it get any worse than it is right now. Really hope his wife/those close to him push him to give it up. He's a smart guy. He has to know it's best for the program to step aside. Either that or you need an associate head coach on board who can get this thing turned around. Because the current configuration ain't working.

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  How come on mobile when you click Last Page on your thread it goes to the first page? Yours is the only one I've seen like that.
                  It's a mystery...nobody seems to know.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    It's clearly time. York is obviously the greatest, most accomplished coach in the history of the sport. I don't want to see it get any worse than it is right now. Really hope his wife/those close to him push him to give it up. He's a smart guy. He has to know it's best for the program to step aside.
                    Joe Paterno didn't. Bobby Bowden didn't. Red Berenson didn't. Jack Parker didn't. It ends up being a really tough situation when the coach is such a legend at his institution that you know no matter how bad it gets, they're not going to be forced out. We can hope York's will step aside willingly, and sooner rather than later. But if he doesn't, I think we're riding the rollercoaster down with him.
                    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                    BU - 2

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                      This is the slowest BC team in years. They never get a fast jump coming down the ice and have no burst of jets like previous teams. Almost looks like they are trying to finesse a goal instead of working their tails off. Gone is the excitement of an odd man rush full of speed. You expect them to somehow lose control or just dump it in the zone and let the other team take over. Maine had a lot more pep in their rushes. BC needs to regain desire in order to win. If anything Edquist kept them in the game until it finally got out of hand.
                      Completely agree they look like they are finessing and not playing with any sense of urgency and sound hockey. Why can't they see this ?
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Beat Providence twice, lose to UNH and Maine in between. Ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                          Completely agree they look like they are finessing and not playing with any sense of urgency and sound hockey. Why can't they see this ?
                          Are you guys seriously not all wanting a coaching change? This sounds exactly the same as the last Lucia years.

Comment

Bonin21, BC looked AWFUL on Wednesday against Maine, no sugar coating it. This afternoon they go out and take Providence down for the second time in a week. Still 8-3-2 in Hockey East. In second place for now. (Result of the NU/UMass game could change that.) I'll believe York has to go if the next two recruiting classes don't right the ship. BC got a commit from another useful player today. F Mike Hardman had been committed to Union. 6'2 210, 29g 27a 56pts in 45 gp for West Kelowna in the BCHL.

Comment

Should schedule PC more often

Stealing players from union?!?! My oh my where have y'all gone
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Should schedule PC more often

Stealing players from union?!?! My oh my where have y'all gone
                                Eagles once stole a player from Northeastern, before the Huskies became a good team. Johnny Gaudreau turned out okay. Maybe Hardman turns into Chuck Kobasew!

Comment

Working...
                                X