Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Lol so now a deleted tweet has to be considered gospel. It can't possibly be that the person was wrong or talking out of their ***. I bet it's all just part of the coverup! Run along now.

Comment

And for those unaware it was from Peter Russo. But now that it's deleted I don't know what his exact words were. But hey the fact he deleted it doesn't matter apparently. What a world.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        Hey!! Im a WOP! I posted something then edited it because i thought i misunderstood your post, the sentence with the double negative "not non-white" not sure what you mean. #ProudWop #ForzaAzzurri Ciao!!
        I'll clarify. My point was, it's OK if you call someone a "Mick" or a "Kraut" or a "Polock" but it's not ok if their skin is non white. Of course, this will immediately be met with cries of "You're a racist!!!!!!!!!!!!" Which would be completely missing the point.

Comment

There were 5 igles on the ice, no?

Would think a man of jrrry's stature would sit all 5 if none balled up and copped
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Here are game 1 highlights all you need to watch is first PC goal initially waved off scored by Sukamaran. You can see in one view of goal #10 seem to direct at least his attention to Vimal. They had tangled together just before goal. Official is Ref Testa. Ironically investigation begin Sat. 10 sat out Sunday with some excuse about hospital night before. Possibly HEA and BC were trying to shield him from being pillored by a heat of the moment outburst.

https://twitter.com/friarshockey/status/1106771663625031681?s=12
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Well it's not even clear if it was on ice or from bench etc. And no I don't think sitting 5 guys in your scenario is reasonable.

Comment

Seems fairly certain something happened; no one knows who said something "offensive". I think it's disappointing at the very least. But as we learned from the Brett Kavanaugh fun, we can't just go around pinning some infraction on someone maybe kinda sorta that said it. This isn't pin the slur on the random BC hockey player that you play at a kindergarten party on Halloween. I know everyone wants to see something done here but it seems there just isn't enough to get to a reasonable certainty that Player X said some bad words that hurt someone's feelings while they got their participation ribbon; as much as everyone wants it to happen. And you can bet the league would love to do something about this.

Lastly, this is all further evidence that BC needs to clean this program out and start anew. Granted that won't happen so for now I'll settle with York packing up an assistant's belongings (Ayers or McInnis) into a carboard box and bringing in Coach Failboat now that Miami fired him and let him kick some azz.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Uh cavbim #10 is Chris Brown. He played Sunday. The player who went to the hospital was 11, McBain because they feared he had a ruptured spleen. This is why I get worked up.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    And for those unaware it was from Peter Russo. But now that it's deleted I don't know what his exact words were. But hey the fact he deleted it doesn't matter apparently. What a world.
                    Okay, you're clearly not getting this. Let me spell it out for you.

You said, in this thread, the exact words.

Originally posted by J.D.
                    unless I hear from Nate Leaman, PC, the victim that this was not handled correctly I am not going to fly off the handle like so many Twitter warriors out there. You would think that if this was handled as poorly as these warriors want you to believe that Leaman and PC would jump in to defend their player.
                    When presented with a message from an employee of Providence College indicating that this was not handled correctly, the exact thing you asked for, you did not do what you say you would, you questioned him and called him out. The fact that it is gone now does not change the fact that you unequivocally, one-hundred percent, are lying when you say you would side with PC if they thought it was mishandled. You would continue moving the goalposts over and over and over, never accepting anything as enough. You have already proven that, when you said you would accept something despite being presented with the exact thing and not accepting it.

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                      Here are game 1 highlights all you need to watch is first PC goal initially waved off scored by Sukamaran. You can see in one view of goal #10 seem to direct at least his attention to Vimal. They had tangled together just before goal. Official is Ref Testa. Ironically investigation begin Sat. 10 sat out Sunday with some excuse about hospital night before. Possibly HEA and BC were trying to shield him from being pillored by a heat of the moment outburst.

https://twitter.com/friarshockey/sta...625031681?s=12
                      While you're at it, can you review the Zapruder film and let us all know who actually shot Kennedy?
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Here's a [probably fruitless] attempt to ground this discussion on something resembling fact, starting with the applicable extracts from the NCAA rule book:

79.3 Ethnic/Racial Slurs - A player, coach or other non-playing person shall not direct ethnic or racial slurs to an official, opposing player or opposing team personnel. PENALTY—Game misconduct.

29.1 Supplementary Discipline - The proper disciplinary authority may, at the conclusion of the game, and at its discretion, investigate any incident that occurs in connection with any game and may assess additional suspensions for any offense committed before, during or after a game by a player, coach or non-playing personnel, independent of whether such offense had been penalized by a referee. The proper disciplinary authority may not decrease any penalties assessed before, during or after the game by the on-ice officials. In NCAA championship competition, the proper disciplinary authority is the divisional championship committee or its designee. Note: The proper disciplinary authority has a responsibility to identify the proper penalized player.

I can't help but note that the only places a "Racial Slur" is being alleged is on this thread and other social media outlets. The fact is, none of us know for sure whether what was allegedly said was indeed a racial slur or nothing more than "inappropriate language" of the type that is routinely rained down on players by various student sections. Also please note that HEA cannot--by rule--impose supplementary discipline unless the offending player(s) can be identified.

I have always considered myself a fair-minded, even-handed individual, which is why I find myself bothered at the seeming rush to judgment and "guilty until proven innocent" mentality that seems to have taken hold when none of us know for sure what did or did not happen.
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

The tweet was DELETED. what do you not understand about that? I can't argue with someone who is trying to tell me I have to stand by a deleted tweet. It makes no ****ing sense. The guy said everyone knows what happened. He didn't say a single word about how BC/Hockey East didn't handle this correctly. Please try trolling someone else now. You are a moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                            Here's a [probably fruitless] attempt to ground this discussion on something resembling fact, starting with the applicable extracts from the NCAA rule book:

79.3 Ethnic/Racial Slurs - A player, coach or other non-playing person shall not direct ethnic or racial slurs to an official, opposing player or opposing team personnel. PENALTY—Game misconduct.

29.1 Supplementary Discipline - The proper disciplinary authority may, at the conclusion of the game, and at its discretion, investigate any incident that occurs in connection with any game and may assess additional suspensions for any offense committed before, during or after a game by a player, coach or non-playing personnel, independent of whether such offense had been penalized by a referee. The proper disciplinary authority may not decrease any penalties assessed before, during or after the game by the on-ice officials. In NCAA championship competition, the proper disciplinary authority is the divisional championship committee or its designee. Note: The proper disciplinary authority has a responsibility to identify the proper penalized player.

I can't help but note that the only places a "Racial Slur" is being alleged is on this thread and other social media outlets. The fact is, none of us know for sure whether what was allegedly said was indeed a racial slur or nothing more than "inappropriate language" of the type that is routinely rained down on players by various student sections. Also please note that HEA cannot--by rule--impose supplementary discipline unless the offending player(s) can be identified.

I have always considered myself a fair-minded, even-handed individual, which is why I find myself bothered at the seeming rush to judgment and "guilty until proven innocent" mentality that seems to have taken hold when none of us know for sure what did or did not happen.
                            Well said. There is no place for putting thought into this or asking questions. It's all about who can have the most over the top take and get the most likes and retweets.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              The tweet was DELETED. what do you not understand about that? I can't argue with someone who is trying to tell me I have to stand by a deleted tweet. It makes no ****ing sense. The guy said everyone knows what happened. He didn't say a single word about how BC/Hockey East didn't handle this correctly. Please try trolling someone else now. You are a moron.
                              i guess you missed his point (and maybe he is missing your pov now..)
                              all in all, sad situation. with all the expletives, trash talk, one liners one can throw around at an opponent, there are certain no go areas. why go there.
                              if he did, will catch up with him sooner or later in life (you can bet on it).

i hope he did not. i want to believe the sport is better than this.
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Mookie just realized...

Jrrry did find out. Kid is contrite and feels awful.
                                Jrrrry knows if he suspends the kid, he will be labeled for life.

Figured the guilt now is enough and let it go.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X