Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    A Jesuit may argue that all our days are numbered. We just don't know the last one.
    ha +1

and you guys should be fine going into late season.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

I really didn't expect my team to go out east and spank BC 7-0. It wasn't that long ago where my Huskies struggled against eastern teams. Now we've won three straight against BC and only one of them was an actual contest. It's really sad, seeing as how it would be nice to test the new coach against a good team; when the schedule came out we expected this to be that road trip.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        I really didn't expect my team to go out east and spank BC 7-0. It wasn't that long ago where my Huskies struggled against eastern teams. Now we've won three straight against BC and only one of them was an actual contest. It's really sad, seeing as how it would be nice to test the new coach against a good team; when the schedule came out we expected this to be that road trip.
        No one struggles vs. BC anymore.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Do folks think that BC misses Greg Brown's presence behind the bench? Might have been even more valuable than previously thought given his steady hand alongside Jerry all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            No one struggles vs. BC anymore.
            Maine?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
              Do folks think that BC misses Greg Brown's presence behind the bench? Might have been even more valuable than previously thought given his steady hand alongside Jerry all these years.
              Cav as well and who was the goalie coach ? He retired a few years ago too. He made Milner and Muse all stars.

Comment

Jim Logue, duh. i went to Wikipedia to find out because i have CRS and found this. Pretty solid recruiting class huh?

Boston College added nine freshmen for the 2009–2010 season, including four defensemen, four forwards, and one goalie.

Player Position Nationality Notes
                Brian Dumoulin Defense United States Biddeford, ME; Selected 51st overall by CAR in 2009 draft.
                Philip Samuelsson Defense United States Scottsdale, AZ; Selected 61st overall by PIT in 2009 draft.
                Patrick Wey Defense United States Pittsburgh, PA; Selected 115th overall by WAS in 2009 draft.
                Pat Mullane Forward United States Wallingford, CT; Played alongside teammate Cam Atkinson at Avon Old Farms.
                Brooks Dyroff Forward United States Boulder, CO; Also an accomplished young filmmaker.
                Chris Kreider Forward United States Boxford, MA; Selected 19th overall by NYR in 2009 draft.
                Steven Whitney Forward United States Reading, MA; Younger brother of teammate Joe Whitney.
                Patch Alber Defense United States Clifton Park, NY; Earned EJHL All-Star recognition with Boston in 2008–09.
                Parker Milner Goalie United States Pittsburgh, PA; Voted Waterloo's Most Improved Player in 2008–09.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  BC fans might feel different but IMO that guy is gonna leave when he wants to leave. And he deserves to.
                  I don't feel different at all. This is exactly what should happen. He is the guy who changed BC from perennial underachievers to top 7 program historically. Barring a scandal, he goes when he wants. And that's what should happen.

Comment

I am sure they do but Greg Brown was also here for a long time and the program has faltered over the last few years. So he is partly responsible.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Maine?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      PC does too and we're one of the "good" hockey east teams.
                      BC keeps winning the Hockey East regular season title even while not being able to win out of conference, so I suppose it really could be worse?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        BC keeps winning the Hockey East regular season title even while not being able to win out of conference, so I suppose it really could be worse?
                        It's odd that a team as bad as BC is able to put any banner up these past few years. They were not a very good team to be honest those past few seasons. Part of that is WHO they beat - the randomness of the wins kept them out of NCAAs but got them a few RS banners. Goes to show you how bad Hockey East was.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          I am sure they do but Greg Brown was also here for a long time and the program has faltered over the last few years. So he is partly responsible.
                          I thought Brown's departure was good because they do need a shakeup at the assistant coach level, even if it means some adjustment short-term.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            It's odd that a team as bad as BC is able to put any banner up these past few years. They were not a very good team to be honest those past few seasons. Part of that is WHO they beat - the randomness of the wins kept them out of NCAAs but got them a few RS banners. Goes to show you how bad Hockey East was.
                            no argument there.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

College hockey has changed over the last half dozen years. More and more teams are going with the older, stronger and more fully developed players who are at their peak already. Schools such as BC and BU still go for the young cream of the crop players who need to fine tune their game still but have much higher ceilings. If they do and also stay the potential for an NC caliber team is strong but in the meantime there will be growing pains. The champions of the last half decade have clearly followed the new method. Wonder if BC should incorporate a few of those players too.

Comment

Those are Brown's guys out there and the D is a big part of the problem. I welcome the change.
                                BC hasn't done squat since Cav and Logue left. That's the presence that is missing. Not sure it will work with Cav in a different role (as HC), but I think he deserves the shot. Cav played a big part in 4 national titles here.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X