Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Given his history I think more than concussion. Fear he hurt his neck again.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Given his history I think more than concussion. Fear he hurt his neck again.
      Ok. You’re probably right. I wasn’t aware of the history with his neck.

Comment

Prayers for Hutsko.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
          Ok. You’re probably right. I wasn’t aware of the history with his neck.
          Happened before he arrived at BC

Comment

• wishing Hutsko a full recovery. get well soon.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Ultimately that is how BCs season would have ended at some point. Great effort, good chances at the end. Even without Hutsko they played well after that. Just too big of a hole. Disappointing season though. There is no way this team should have had the record they did. That was on display in the tournament.

One note about Hockey East...I think we are in for a miserable NCAA tournament.

Comment

Rats, really bad first period and they had good chances at the end
                JY indicated to Madigan that Logan would be ok . He was
                Be bopping and scating all over the ice. Hope that he recovers quickly.
                Hockey season begins in 6 months, can’t wait.

Comment

I think NU has a chance to make the Frozen Four. The others? No way. UMass will probably go out in the regional final. Don’t see much chance for Providence to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Tonight’s prediction?
                    oops, i was gonna say about the same without looking at it yet. I had my baseball draft

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      I think NU has a chance to make the Frozen Four. The others? No way. UMass will probably go out in the regional final. Don’t see much chance for Providence to do anything.
                      I wouldn’t sell UMass short, they are an outstanding team that played a poor game. Maybe they learn from that. They are still a 1 seed. The best thing about being a 1 seed is that you don’t have to beat a 1 seed to make the Frozen Four.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        Agree NU has a shot.
                        UMass needs to significantly tighten up the D zone or they'll be golfing soon. They need to think D first, then the offense will take care of itself.
                        PC? Do they have a backup goaltender that can keep the puck out of the net? Their regular guy really struggles at it.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Ultimately that is how BCs season would have ended at some point. Great effort, good chances at the end. Even without Hutsko they played well after that. Just too big of a hole. Disappointing season though. There is no way this team should have had the record they did. That was on display in the tournament.

Disappointing but hopefully next year they get off to a better start

They went farther than many of us thought in Providence last weekend and almost won a bid to the NCAA but fell short

Hopefully they can shore up the problems next year on defense and offense
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

1. Hope Hutsko is ok. When he turned it on, the team peaked here in March (too little too late overall though).

2. It was all or nothing for BC in this tournament. Given tonight's result it was nothing and thus this season was an absolutely disaster. Not even debatable.

That being said, what did they learn from these last two weeks? And what can they bring into next season from these past two weeks? Those are the big questions. I'd like to be bullish again on these guys for next season. I'd like to think this experience gained will pay dividends down the road. And maybe next year some trophies may be added to the case and they can look back and say, "sure we were part of one of the worst BC teams in program history but maybe we don't do this without going through last season".

3. The defense needs to be completely overhauled. Kim was a good one and we're going to miss him dearly. Fitzgerald was hot and cold but another big minutes guy back there that needs to be replaced. I don't know what to make of the rest to be honest. They all pretty much scare the heck out of me. We basically have a whole lot of defensemen that would be great as a 7th defenseman on a roster. We're going to need to score some goals and keep the puck down in the other end next year. Or some of these guys are going to have to make huge jumps in the offseason.

4. Regardless of the collection of talent that puts on the maroon and gold next year, after seeing the program decline under this staff over the past few years, pretty much hitting rock bottom this year with 20+ losses (are you kidding me?!), I absolutely need to see this coaching staff changed in some way. But it's Boston College so you can forget about doing anything even close to intelligent when it comes to coaches.

5. Cotton is a legit Hobey candidate next season. What he did this season up against what the record of this team was it is really legit remarkable.

6. Let the Newhook/Boldy era begin.
                            Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 03-23-2019, 10:31 PM.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Nice run.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Prayers up for 9. That was gut-wrenching...Kid is a ton of fun to watch, hope he can recover quickly.
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X