X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
    Silly me not saying NEW news....
    That is great news. Thank you. We were all worried.

Go Hutsko. Hockey East loves you and family.

Comment

Ow hell.... that isn't a great sign at all. ****.

Comment

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
        The notion there should be a coaching change is nonsense.
        I don't even know what to tell you if you think the coaching staff situation is good. Do you like Jim Christian as our head coach in hoops too?

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
        We will still compete at the highest level.
        Define "compete".
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          I don't even know what to tell you if you think the coaching staff situation is good. Do you like Jim Christian as our head coach in hoops too?

Define "compete".
          Back down. Evidently he might have a injury to his neck again.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
            The notion there should be a coaching change is nonsense. They went to FF 2014 and 2016, lost 7 guys at the end of 16 which scrambled all the recruiting eggs for the next three seasons. There are some guys who would probably would be playing on other teams. In 2017 the tied for the RS first place, last year they won the RS and the last two years they played in the league championship and lost in close games. I don' t think there is any other league team that can make that claim. College hockey has changed (just at NoDak and Minnie) and the elite players do not stay for 4 years, unlike in the JY Golden Years when many of the high end kids stayed for 4 years. We need to have a better start to the season and get forwards with speed who can create time and space and a few burly defensemen. We will still compete at the highest level.
            Ok but they were rebuilding with this year in mind. Based off last year, this team was picked to win league. Returned everyone, add Wahlstrom. They finally showed up in the playoffs but this season was a major disappointment. Coaches share the blame.

Comment

Anndddd Woll is gone ...

https://www.uscho.com/2019/03/24/wol...h-maple-leafs/
              "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

That was expected with Knight ready to step in.

Comment

Yeah, it was just a question of when Woll would sign, rather than if
                  "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Good news - Logan released from hospital, apparently on his own two feet. Have a good summer

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/03...y-east-injury/
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Good news - Logan released from hospital, apparently on his own two feet. Have a good summer

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/03...y-east-injury/
                      that is good news for sure, thx for update.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Good news - Logan released from hospital, apparently on his own two feet...
                        Can't think of a better way to start my day.
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

No surprise there, it would have been great to see him stay but another year would not likely make him any better. I hope that he did the academic work and like other guys comes back and finishes his degree. Edquist now gets his shot.

Comment

I could see a rotation to start the year but with Knight's pedigree you'd think he'll win the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

Define "compete".
                              What’s the point in having an AD if he has no power to dismiss a coach not meeting expectations or standards ?

GDF had too much power and ruined football and other varsity sports with his micro management

If Jarmen was at OSU would he accept what has happened in football and basketball what has happened to BC hoops and football ?
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Howdy folks. Glad Hutsko is ok and recovering. Valiant effort the past two weekends (where was this all season?) but a total and utter disaster of a dumpster fire season. And we need to think long and hard about changing up some assistants to help out Coach York. Assuming he is able to be helped at this point.

So I thought this was funny. I found an old spreadsheet that I used to track just the name and projected date of a recruit (back when work/life was slower?! Or maybe when I actually cared). At some point I stopped updating but the snapshot is incredible to look back at. It's not pretty and really illustrates what a clustereff this program is:

2017 6
                                C/RW Monte Graham Never got here, ended up at Miami
                                LW Joseph Cassetti Never got here, heading to Merrimack for 19-20
                                F Mitchell Martan Never got here, ended up at Canisius
                                RF Casey Carreau Gone after one season. TBD future?
                                RW Zach Walker Still here, just finished junior season
                                LW Eeli Tolvanen LOL never showed up

2018 5
                                C TJ Walsh Never got here, heading to NU for 19-20
                                LW Chris Grando Still here, just finished sophomore season
                                RF Patrick Giles Still here, just finished freshman season
                                D Adam Samuelsson LOL Left after 7 games
                                LW Jacob Tortora Left after 1 season and a partial season
                                F Jacques Bouquot Pushed back a year

2019 1
                                RC Patrick Moynihan Changed commitment to PC

2020 1
                                G Spencer Knight
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X