Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Oh!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!

Fah crise sakes, go watch GameDay !

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Oh!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!

Don’t forget mookie you’re not in the BU thread )) 🐕
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        Cotton-Mattila-Hutsko work their asses off and get good results.
        There's some out there not working half as hard. If/when they step it up, this can become a very good team.
        D zone coverage... work it hard.
        Hopefully we’ll get all four lines like that.

Finally saw samuellson playing and #3 was a scratch

I didn’t see anything bad and we like his size and reach

Reaching.500 and above are the next goals
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

I was shocked to see #3 was not in the lineup. Cotton is really really good. That bomb to win the game was some serious stuff, you don’t see guys get all of a puck like that even at the NHL all the time ... also insanely nice job by Hutsko to set it up and slow things down. When you see guys slow it down like that they have a great understanding of the game. Watching it develop was great.

How about that Gameday atmosphere today!? Wow. Glad the hockey team could enjoy this entire day today by getting the games out of the way Thur/Fri.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            Cotton-Mattila-Hutsko work their asses off and get good results.
            There's some out there not working half as hard. If/when they step it up, this can become a very good team.
            D zone coverage... work it hard.
            The timing on those drop passes are off.

Blind passes to no one but to the opposing players

Shoot on net when a passing lane is covered or blocked 🏒 then go for the rebound

Use the glass more to clear the zone when they bogged down in their defensive zone and harder clears that won’t be intercepted or flipping the puck high in the air out of the reach of opposing players when relieving pressure in their end 🦅

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              How about that Gameday atmosphere today!? Wow.
              it was fantastic. Too bad about Brown but gotta give the D a lot of credit to keep it that close. When Brown went down the game was over. Hope the kid is ok, he was taken to the hospital and i believe stayed overnight.

Comment

Impossible to tell but with Brown in maybe they can make that a true 4th quarter game. Deflating to lose him so early when you're right in the game. Thought the wheels would come off at some point after that but credit to BC defense. They played great all night.

My favorite gameday sign was one about BU football being undefeated since 1997

Comment

It is what it is. Daz really has no plan in terms of offense he wants to run, recruiting of QBs, contingencies if the QB gets hurt. He has restocked the roster with talent but he won't get all that talent out of them because he's obsessed with predictably running the ball into a stacked box. I feel bad for Dillon. Kid is a stud and really has no chance to do any damage even at less than 100% health because of the lack of creativity. I really don't consider this Perry kid a downgrade. His arm is better and he's more mobile. Can he manage a game and not do anything stupid (generally something Brown is good at).

We're back in the TOB years folks. YAY.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    It is what it is. Daz really has no plan in terms of offense he wants to run, recruiting of QBs, contingencies if the QB gets hurt. He has restocked the roster with talent but he won't get all that talent out of them because he's obsessed with predictably running the ball into a stacked box. I feel bad for Dillon. Kid is a stud and really has no chance to do any damage even at less than 100% health because of the lack of creativity. I really don't consider this Perry kid a downgrade. His arm is better and he's more mobile. Can he manage a game and not do anything stupid (generally something Brown is good at).

We're back in the TOB years folks. YAY.
                    I know it's fashionable to always criticize the play calling. But I'm sorry...you're at home with basically nothing to lose. Nobody expects you to even be in the game. And you constantly run on first and second down and put yourself in third and long? Why???? Did they think they were going to "fool" the defense? Did they actually think they would make ten yards and stay AWAY from third down? After about 20 straight times of getting stuffed, can't you at least try to throw the ball down the field? Throwing to the flat for a one yard gain (or loss) doesn't get anything done. Brown or no Brown, it was a terrible game plan for a team that should have just thrown caution to the win and gone for it. Or were they intentionally trying to keep the score "respectable?" Because that's what it looked like. And remember, the offense scored ZERO. The only points were on a (not to take anything away from the kid) lucky punt return that hit a Clemson player causing everyone to sort of stop.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      I know it's fashionable to always criticize the play calling. But I'm sorry...you're at home with basically nothing to lose. Nobody expects you to even be in the game. And you constantly run on first and second down and put yourself in third and long? Why???? Did they think they were going to "fool" the defense? Did they actually think they would make ten yards and stay AWAY from third down? After about 20 straight times of getting stuffed, can't you at least try to throw the ball down the field? Throwing to the flat for a one yard gain (or loss) doesn't get anything done. Brown or no Brown, it was a terrible game plan for a team that should have just thrown caution to the win and gone for it. Or were they intentionally trying to keep the score "respectable?" Because that's what it looked like. And remember, the offense scored ZERO. The only points were on a (not to take anything away from the kid) lucky punt return that hit a Clemson player causing everyone to sort of stop.
                      Yup. Of course we see this every week. Dillon is so screwed because he is running against 9 man fronts every week. The only big games he has now are UMass' of the world. Or if he's lucky 100-150 against an ACC team.

Addazio is a gd buffoon and this season sucks now because he's going nowhere as a result.

Make no mistake about it, the gameplan sucked with Brown in or out. The worst was the 3 plays coming out of halftime which they had 20+ mins to figure out given that they were getting the ball to start the half... total disgrace.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Yup. Of course we see this every week. Dillon is so screwed because he is running against 9 man fronts every week. The only big games he has now are UMass' of the world. Or if he's lucky 100-150 against an ACC team.

Addazio is a gd buffoon and this season sucks now because he's going nowhere as a result.

Make no mistake about it, the gameplan sucked with Brown in or out. The worst was the 3 plays coming out of halftime which they had 20+ mins to figure out given that they were getting the ball to start the half... total disgrace.
                        You people do realize this is a HOCKEY THREAD, don't you? Is your hockey team that bad this year?

Comment

Originally posted by koho View Post
                          you people do realize this is a hockey thread, don't you? Is your hockey team that bad this year?
                          uh - huh.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            My favorite gameday sign was one about BU football being undefeated since 1997
                            And with BU now leading the research on football related brain injury it will stay that way to perpetuity.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles �� 2018-2019

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              And with BU now leading the research on football related brain injury it will stay that way to perpetuity.
                              Yes, it will. And rightfully so.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                                You people do realize this is a HOCKEY THREAD, don't you? Is your hockey team that bad this year?
                                yes, they suck........... but we have not had anything to talk about in football since Matt Ryan, that's a long time. It seemed like they couldn't string back to back first downs if they played all night. ........... Daz does throw the ball downfield at times with Brown. I just felt game over when he went out and that they weren't gonna score.

Looking forward to being at tonight's game. Go Eagles

Comment

Working...
                                X