Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Saturday night, no football game to contend with. I will say over 5,000.
    “Announced “ sellout at Agganis .6150. I don’t think we’ll get close to 7884 . Expect a 6-2 thrashing.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      “Announced “ sellout at Agganis .6150. I don’t think we’ll get close to 7884 . Expect a 6-2 thrashing.
      Your igles will.score more than 6
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

The way this series goes, BU wins tonight and home ice inexplicably continues to be irrelevant

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          I watched most of it (NESN made sure I didn't see everything I attempted to watch anyway). For a long time it didn't feel like BC had any business being in that game at all. I'm still not sure they did but BU seemed to really mentally lose it once BC got on the board.

Woll certainly stood tall. BU obviously had some close calls that inexplicably didn't go in. A lot of weird plays that you typically see in the BC-BU games. I liked the referee just stopping a puck and handing Rasanen a breakaway with which he promptly smoked Oettinger and then pitchforked the backhand over the open cage. LOL.

The entire production was one of the worst things I've ever seen in modern television so replays or even seeing BC score their first goal... out of the question. I thought it was interesting that the officials missed a penalty where Oettinger threw his stick in the third period attempting to make a save. He clearly didn't drop it or have it "slip"...

It's amazing that BC could suck so bad and BU sucks even worse.
          It would be nice if they can sweep tonight and start to turn the season around.

But I still see the same problems on the team.

For example, I like the physicality I saw but not stupid penalties. The BU goal was Matilla being out of position and not guarding the backdoor on the BU powerplay.

Need shots on goal, better decision with the puck, better clearing attempts in their zone, make smart passes or drops, etc.

Bring toys anyone for the toy drive ))
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

0-0...and that was a great game to watch.
            Eagles are looking better. Coming together, maybe?

Brown-McBain look good together. Give them a 3rd linemate that wants to play some hockey and see if they can do some damage.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Their Hockey East record is fine and they will probably be in a good position for home ice and making it to the Garden. Gonna be just like previous two years. Lost in title game and lost semi in OT to team that won title next night. That's what it's going to come down to again.

Comment

Agree it was an entertaining game to watch. But it also shined a light on this team's lack of finishers. So many opportunities not taken advantage of.

But man, that huge hit on Cockerill in the overtime, that was really something!
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Pretty great game that got better as it went on. Michael Kim was tremendous. As was Woll. BC actually resembled a hockey team this weekend. I would say I’m concerned the hype got them up for these 2 games and worry about a letdown.

Now someone tell me what the hell #3 was doing on the ice with 5 seconds left in OT?
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    Pretty great game that got better as it went on. Michael Kim was tremendous. As was Woll. BC actually resembled a hockey team this weekend. I would say I’m concerned the hype got them up for these 2 games and worry about a letdown.

Now someone tell me what the hell #3 was doing on the ice with 5 seconds left in OT?
                    Honestly I was crossing my fingers at the end. At least he didn’t screen the goalie enough to prevent a save.

He was backing into the goalie and allowing time and space on that final play for the BU player closing in on goal

Another head scratcher is his shot selection in another situation during the game

He had a shooting lane from the blue line with time and space but in inexplicably takes a harmless soft wrist shot instead of a hard, low slap shot

The goalie easily gloves the shot for a face off in the BU zone ((

It’s a nice weekend when you take 3 points over your rivals even if it is not your typical strong BU team

Sweeping U Conn would be nice to get to .500 🏒
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

How has Jack McBain looked?

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                        How has Jack McBain looked?
                        I've seen several BC games. McBain has been solid and looks like he could be a real contibutor in the next few years.

Comment

A win tonight gets us to .500 before the break . Woll 4-6-2 1.98. .932

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            Maybe I missed it, but did you change your location? I didn't remember your being in Santa Rosa (for all who don't know, home of the Charles Schultz museum that actually has a hockey rink in it! - great when it's 104 degrees outside).

We just got back from Alameda three weeks ago (at the height of the fires - where the air "quality" was 165-220 ppm the entire time we were out there [50 is "healthy"] - and we wore masks every time we went out). Has the rain reduced the threat?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              It would be a start. And obviously for all their problems, Woll hasn't been one of them. Those numbers are plenty fine other than the record, which isn't his fault.
                              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                              BC - 12
                              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                Maybe I missed it, but did you change your location? I didn't remember your being in Santa Rosa (for all who don't know, home of the Charles Schultz museum that actually has a hockey rink in it! - great when it's 104 degrees outside).

We just got back from Alameda three weeks ago (at the height of the fires - where the air "quality" was 165-220 ppm the entire time we were out there [50 is "healthy"] - and we wore masks every time we went out). Has the rain reduced the threat?
                                Snoopy was born in Petaluma, right? I recall him hitch-hiking there in search of his father.

Comment

Working...
                                X