Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PPGuru
    Digital, you should check out the highlights of last nights BC game. McBain scored a highlight goal and may have had another if he weren't taken down. Looked like a stud last night.
    Awesome! I’m glad to hear it and I appreciate your responses

Just saw it. Great power move to the net through 2-3 guys. He looks like he will be a force to be reckoned with.
    Last edited by digitalbooya; 12-09-2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Wonder what to think of BC's next game now. Notre Dame was ranked 5th and beat #9 Penn State on the road then the following night ND gets pummeled by Penn State 9-1. Not the type of game you want going into the break so that may be a sure fire kick to get ND ready for the New Years Eve game. On the other hand should BC pull off a win the naysayers will say Notre Dame just does not have what it takes to be a top 5 team. Either way it's not best for BC unless of course ND is not that good and helps BC get that elusive non conference win off their backs. They need that B1G win to at least help their PWR and the Harvard win in the Beanpot to even their ECAC record as well.

Comment

I don't know why but I feel like BC will win this game at ND.

Can you imagine having to spend your New Year's Eve in South Bend, Indiana? Sad.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Winter Classic the following day at ND Stadium. Gonna be a lot of people in town! Only about 2 hours from Chicago though so if you're going to the Winter Classic you could at least do New Year's Eve in Chicago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            I don't know why but I feel like BC will win this game at ND.

Can you imagine having to spend your New Year's Eve in South Bend, Indiana? Sad.
            You could go to the vigil Mass on campus. And then spend time in the Grotto.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Winter Classic the following day at ND Stadium. Gonna be a lot of people in town! Only about 2 hours from Chicago though so if you're going to the Winter Classic you could at least do New Year's Eve in Chicago.
              You might be right. Have to think that might have complicated travel plans for BC as far as hotels, etc.

I certainly would take the trip out to Chicago after the game is over just avoid the possibility of being murdered by Brian Kelly. He'll surely be angry after losing to Clemson on the 29th in the semifinals and he's already murdered one college-aged male. I think they'd gain an hour moving west to Chicago from South Bend anyway. Just avoid the scary parts of Chicago and they will probably be safer there.
              Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 12-10-2018, 10:39 AM.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Is it an outdoor game with the NHL winter classic theee the next day? Or in the normal hockey arena?

Comment

I wondered the same a while back but the BC-ND game is not outdoors. ND is, however, playing Michigan in an outdoor game at ND Stadium on January 5.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                    Awesome! I’m glad to hear it and I appreciate your responses

Just saw it. Great power move to the net through 2-3 guys. He looks like he will be a force to be reckoned with.
                    Without more balance scoring BC will go nowhere. Cotton cannot do it alone especially with the weak defensive corp BC has.

An eye raising stat is the juniors have done most of the scoring while the other 3 classes are way down there
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

On the topic of outdoor hockey...is Hockey East finally done with forcing Frozen Fenway down our throats? Haven't heard any news on that front which is excellent.

Comment

They just did one in Spring 2017. It'll probably be back next year. The last one before 2017 was 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                          They just did one in Spring 2017. It'll probably be back next year. The last one before 2017 was 2014.
                          Thought I remember hearing Sam Kennedy say that it is going to happen again next year.
                          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

You guys should hire Hakstol if he's still out of a job by the spring.

Comment

Curious... for Christmas, do you want Santa to deliver Whalstrom to the USHL?

Comment

I wouldn't do that. Who would replace him? Perhaps he gets it going in the second half?

Comment

Working...
                                X