Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    The obvious answer is Greg Brown. I know he is very well respected but he still doesn't have head coaching experience. One guy without college coaching experience is Scott Gordon. The Flyers are hot right now so perhaps he gets the permanent job there. If he doesn't, I would take a strong look at him. Pair him up with a proven college recruiter and I think you'd be in business. If you want an outside the box hire, Dave Hakstol is looking for work. Never won a national title at UND but has an outstanding resume. I don't think Mike Cavanaugh would be a candidate right now. Still a lot to prove at UConn. Beyond that, I think you would at least sniff around to see if any current D1 head coaches would be interested. That could go in a number of different directions.
    BC guy? Must be? Preference?, or not a consideration?
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
      BC guy? Must be? Preference?, or not a consideration?
      It would be nice if they had BC ties but the way things are going now, open it up to everyone. Don't limit yourself to BC guys and just find the right guy for the job.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rick Bennett take up residence in Boston somewhere other than Huntington Ave.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          There’s a good chance no team ever reaches the heights Shawn reached at Maine. The game has changed a lot in the past however many years..
          yah. can't cheat anymore to win
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Had a few busy days here, didn't even see the last 2 periods of the Piszpot. This season cannot end soon enough. Feel bad for Woll, the dude is going to make some good money as a pro goalie but it's a 1-person team right now (I feel like Cotton has trailed off some).

Anyway, genuinely shocked about the York thing, but who knows what the extension is trying to accomplish and what the terms are and what language/terms may supercede the old one contract or if that is even possible. Someone had tipped me off last week about this contract extension and I literally thought they were joking with me so I just ignored it. I really doubt he coaches out through the end of it. But I truly thought this was his last year and he was smart enough to walk away. It's a fun experiment to see how far we can get to rock bottom too I guess.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              .. (I feel like Cotton has trailed off some)..
              he factored in both your goals at the Beanpot, otherwise that is a shutout type gm for NU. he is a tremendous player, averaging a point a game this season. him & Woll, they are not the problem.. at the least. Actually (from what i saw of him).. heck of a player.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

'Tremendous' players play both ends of the ice. BC doesn't have any of those. The defense struggles to play one end of the ice. There are a couple of frosh that that bring it at both ends. They're not tremendous yet, but they will be if they maintain their game. Maybe they can assume the leadership roles and rub off on the others.
                Anyone wondering why Arizona State and UMass are having successful seasons? Watch them play... they give a chit. Both ends of the ice... balls to the walls every shift. That's part coaching, but more so what's inside the player. BC shows spurts of desire... but they don't bring it every shift. Not even close.
                Heading up north next week to watch Maine take us out to the woodshed. They're maybe not as talented, but they work their arses off. I'm going up for the atmosphere... the old time hockey feel. Great place to see a game. Hopefully the Eagles show up as well... for old times sake.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Karow is ghastly tonight. Was there any doubt they would blow this 2-0 lead?
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

8 games left, maybe 9. Season ticket sales gonna be way down next year. I already know I am dropping mine for family reasons.

Comment

Last night and Monday were two of the better games they’ve played all year FWIW

Comment

Just noticed the box score, 7884 were there on Saturday night?

Comment

I caught some of the game on ESPN3 and it actually did look like a full house. Sadly, this BC team is only good enough to compete with good teams and then lose by a goal/empty netter.

Comment

What sections does the visiting team shoot twice at Conte? I'm looking at tickets for the NU game, thanks.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                              What sections does the visiting team shoot twice at Conte? I'm looking at tickets for the NU game, thanks.
                              You want sections B, C, D, E, H, I, J or K. (F & G are BC student sections)

The single letter sections are chair seats. Double letter sections are bench seats.
                              Section JJ I believe is the visiting team section, usually filled with students.
                              Last edited by FiveHole12; 02-19-2019, 01:25 AM.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                'Tremendous' players play both ends of the ice. BC doesn't have any of those. The defense struggles to play one end of the ice. There are a couple of frosh that that bring it at both ends. They're not tremendous yet, but they will be if they maintain their game. Maybe they can assume the leadership roles and rub off on the others.
                                Anyone wondering why Arizona State and UMass are having successful seasons? Watch them play... they give a chit. Both ends of the ice... balls to the walls every shift. That's part coaching, but more so what's inside the player. BC shows spurts of desire... but they don't bring it every shift. Not even close.
                                Heading up north next week to watch Maine take us out to the woodshed. They're maybe not as talented, but they work their arses off. I'm going up for the atmosphere... the old time hockey feel. Great place to see a game. Hopefully the Eagles show up as well... for old times sake.
                                It is so sad to see this but it's a bit of everything you mentioned.

Almost every game is like this.

There is no heart in this team and you rarely see them play 60 minutes of hockey.

Next years class is suppose to be good, let's hope we see a turn around next year.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X