Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Congratulations on your hea championship
    I was waiting for that ! You’re slipping

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      I was waiting for that ! You’re slipping
      Hey, give him a break. He's eight time zones away and it's early.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        Hey, give him a break. He's eight time zones away and it's early.

y'all went to dst this past weekend. just returned from singapore though and it was 13h
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

OK I'm surprised. I did not see that coming.

I think the defense is still shaky as anything but... seems like Hutsko is heating up. Cotton is always dangerous. And you have Woll in net. That should put you in contention just about every night.

The urgency when your season or career is about to end is a heck of a thing.

A little concerned on the injury front however.

Also, I have had limited viewing of this squad this year but I will say McLaughlin was a heck of a pickup.

Zoomass is legit this year (see them again in 15 years?) so I would be crazy shocked to see them pull this one out. Considering maybe going Friday night. Will probably regret it if I go. We'll see.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Give 'em hell, Eagles.
            Lowell Forever
            Forever Lowell

Comment

Wait... I thought you all wanted the season to end... and your coaching staff fired. I am confused now.

Comment

Other than BC/HE I don't think anyone saw that coming! Especially after a crushing loss Friday. UMass is clearly going to be a huge challenge but just being in this position is "fun" considering the disastrous season. Maybe they can score first and put some pressure on UMass. I have mentioned it before but this is very similar to 2009. Most likely going to end in defeat at the Garden but at least you have a chance now. If somehow they win two more, they would be 15-21-3. Maybe it has happened in Atlantic Hockey or old CHA but I can't remember a team ever making it with that bad a record. That's why this will still probably come to an end at the Garden.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  Wait... I thought you all wanted the season to end... and your coaching staff fired. I am confused now.
                  Guilty as charged. I wanted the season to end and York to move on from Ayers since it was announced York is coming back. Nobody saw this upset of Providence coming. Let's be real here, I still want them to win every game they play but the way things were going you just wanted the pain to end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    OK I'm surprised. I did not see that coming.

I think the defense is still shaky as anything but... seems like Hutsko is heating up. Cotton is always dangerous. And you have Woll in net. That should put you in contention just about every night.

The urgency when your season or career is about to end is a heck of a thing.

A little concerned on the injury front however.

Also, I have had limited viewing of this squad this year but I will say McLaughlin was a heck of a pickup.

Zoomass is legit this year (see them again in 15 years?) so I would be crazy shocked to see them pull this one out. Considering maybe going Friday night. Will probably regret it if I go. We'll see.
                    Kim especially on the PK he is absolutely horrible. He is a human streetcone. Gives too much space and makes no effort to deflect or block shots coming his way

Yesterday watching from behind the net he absolutely lets the guy walk in and snipe

He was lucky the PC shooter just missed the top corner of the net

At UMass I saw him do the same thing on the PK and UMass lit him up like a Roman candle

He’s not the only bad defenseman Fitzy is also horrible along with Karow

Kim and Fitz scares you on the blue line when they muff the pass back to the blueline or turn the puck over

I have never seen so many BC defensemen turn it over like this year in their own end since the early 1990s

None of them can hit a one timer from the blue line with any consistency

Then you have #3 and let’s not go there as you get my point
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Guilty as charged. I wanted the season to end and York to move on from Ayers since it was announced York is coming back. Nobody saw this upset of Providence coming. Let's be real here, I still want them to win every game they play but the way things were going you just wanted the pain to end!
                      I am not banking on it but it wouldn’t surprise us if they lose Friday or Saturday but

2 wins more gets BC in the Tournament despite their horrible record

But one game at a time
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

I am surprised BC/UMass is not first game since UMass is the #1 seed

Don’t they usually give the #1 seed that slight advantage ?

Comment

See the discussion in the BU thread - We were Chickrod and I were just discussing the same thing.
                          GO MINUTEMEN

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                            Don’t they usually give the #1 seed that slight advantage ?
                            No. NESN determines which game they feel will get the better ratings.

Comment

To me, BU-NU is a better "draw" but I could totally be discounting the UMass bandwagon factor. I am expecting a big UMass crowd. Is it done with attendance in mind or TV ratings? Mookie always explains TV ratings are minuscule so maybe this was done to allow UMass students and people from western Mass to make the trip in.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                No. NESN determines which game they feel will get the better ratings.
                                Honestly I think NESN gets significant input but I think the travel situation for UMass fans made this one an easy call to let this game slide late and let them get into town so they can swear their faces off for a 7:30 start. I also think the ratings on either game would be pretty equal (0.01 each!?) which helped make this an easy call. Ideally it all works out where the late game is more appealing to NESN and the top seed gets the early game as they would of course usually prefer.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X