Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Love watching the top line. The rest? The other three lines just kill the clock. Gaudreau-Hayes-Arnold had more secondary help than this (and no, I am not trying to compare the top lines).

Comment

I should add, not a single goal from a dman so far this year

(Nice tip by McBain there)

Comment

Totally different team in the 3rd

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Totally different team in the 3rd
          Yes, finally . Maybe something clicked but I doubt it . There’s no stick out talent on the entire team . Wahlstrom is lost . Empty building and the type of hockey they play ( boring dump it in crap) isn’t gonna get it done but maybe that’s what they are . Imagine Chris Kreider was on the third line? . 3019 announced in the building on a Friday night vs UNH and 2883 over in Agganis for Maine and BU. Very sad

Comment

Yep, attendance is sad almost everywhere. I miss the Big 4 era in that regard. You had York, Parker, Umile and Walsh for a time. Good crowds, fun atmospheres. A big reason the games were enjoyable. And there's just been a steady decline over the years. Student attendance is absolutely pathetic at BC.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Yep, attendance is sad almost everywhere. I miss the Big 4 era in that regard. You had York, Parker, Umile and Walsh for a time. Good crowds, fun atmospheres. A big reason the games were enjoyable. And there's just been a steady decline over the years. Student attendance is absolutely pathetic at BC.
              I counted 56 students in the student sections behind one end where I was when the game started and way less on the other end . It wasn’t long ago (2013? ) that BC almost averaged 7000 for the regular season ( before the HE Qtrs killed the average) . I know the sport is declining in popularity (attendance) just about everywhere except Grand Forks

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                I counted 56 students in the student sections behind one end where I was when the game started and way less on the other end . It wasn’t long ago (2013? ) that BC almost averaged 7000 for the regular season ( before the HE Qtrs killed the average) . I know the sport is declining in popularity (attendance) just about everywhere except Grand Forks
                I went to a bc-Maine game around that time and to me there was a noticeable change in the crowd. It wasn’t so much that it was empty, the rink might have been 70% full or so, as much as just no energy. Fast forward a couple years and the next Maine-bc game I went to was only about 40% full.

Last night was certainly a low point for me. I can see those teams in front of not great crowds, but it’s hard to believe they would play in empty buildings. Is there any way back for college hockey? I guess things can change quickly but it seems a long ways off. It will be interesting to see how the beanpot and HEA championships do this year.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  I went to a bc-Maine game around that time and to me there was a noticeable change in the crowd. It wasn’t so much that it was empty, the rink might have been 70% full or so, as much as just no energy. Fast forward a couple years and the next Maine-bc game I went to was only about 40% full.

Last night was certainly a low point for me. I can see those teams in front of not great crowds, but it’s hard to believe they would play in empty buildings. Is there any way back for college hockey? I guess things can change quickly but it seems a long ways off. It will be interesting to see how the beanpot and HEA championships do this year.
                  Indeed these games are a shadow of their former selves. Last night at Agganis was also close to a low point for me at well, despite it being quite an entertaining game. We have talked about reasons for attendance decline ad nauseam over in the BU thread... not sure how, if or when it all comes back. A quick glance shows there are still ample tickets available at both Agganis and Conte for the upcoming BU/BC home and home weekend. That would have been unheard of not too long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                    You people do realize this is a HOCKEY THREAD, don't you? Is your hockey team that bad this year?
                    Tons of football talk in Maine thread also. Pretty soon it will be Maine Womens BBall talk in there Why, they are actually well coached
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      Wahlstrom is lost .
                      I haven't been able to watch any BC games yet, but his stats are certainly a surprise. Is he getting chances? Is he playing on the top line? Having trouble playing against older, stronger kids?
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        Yes, finally . Maybe something clicked but I doubt it . There’s no stick out talent on the entire team . Wahlstrom is lost . Empty building and the type of hockey they play ( boring dump it in crap) isn’t gonna get it done but maybe that’s what they are . Imagine Chris Kreider was on the third line? . 3019 announced in the building on a Friday night vs UNH and 2883 over in Agganis for Maine and BU. Very sad
                        Fire Jrrrrrry
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          I haven't been able to watch any BC games yet, but his stats are certainly a surprise. Is he getting chances? Is he playing on the top line? Having trouble playing against older, stronger kids?
                          Mookie was expecting Eichel v2.0
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Wahlstrom on 2nd line. Problem is best linemate for him is probably Hutsko but Hutsko has great chemistry with his current linemates. He's not like Eichel, reputation of goal scorer first. I just don't see him getting into threatening positions. Sure he gets a few shots on net but to me he really hasn't been a factor yet. Needs to find some chemistry with someone.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Mookie was expecting Eichel v2.0
                              Eichel made everyone on the ice around him a better player.
                              Wahlstrom needs an Eichel on the ice with him.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Him needing an Eichel is probably a stretch but we're basically on the same page. He needs a guy capable of setting him up. He doesn't appear to be a guy who can create his own chances.

Comment

Working...
                                X