Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Four games into what should have been a promising season and you have a dead team in their home opener. Woll looks like early season Woll from last year. St. Cloud winning every battle at the net.
    I think they forgot how to pass, seems like a bunch of individuals out there for BC.

Comment

A running clock the last 13 minutes would be good

Comment

Fore!!!!!!!!

The good news is not many people are there to witness this. The bad news is a performance like this will destroy your student attendance (which was solid tonight) for the season. More good news, future beatings will also be sparsely attended. And there will be more beatings.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I wasn't at the Denver game last year but this is probably what it looked like. At least Hockey East play is right around the corner!

Comment

I do have an idea though. They should have done it tonight but try putting your two best forwards together. One was a great playmaker last year and the other is known for shooting the puck and scoring goals. They tell me that works sometimes.

Comment

Is it a chemistry or talent issue? I picked BC to win Hockey East and was pretty comfortable with the pick. I can see where what happened in the off-season might have rubbed some of the players the wrong way though.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Uh what happened in the offseason? Going off of last year, this should be their best team in three years and an NCAA tournament team. Problem now is they basically have compiled the same start they did last year. While they overcame that in league play and can probably do the same this year, that ultimately left them on the outside looking in.

It's a talent and chemistry issue. Some talent but not enough and the talent they do have hasn't been able to figure it out yet.

Comment

Tough start, Wahlstrom show you guys anything?
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

That was pretty ugly. Sad part is, the Eagles played a good first period and went into the locker room down 2-0.

No sign of Wahlstrom since the exhibition Wally.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Ya that had to be demoralizing. Woll didn't help either. Was Brown the center for Wahlstrom last night? That's not going to work.

Comment

It's almost laughable how far the program has fallen.

If I didn't see pics/videos from their practices on twitter I don't think I would believe that they actually practice. Of course that's not a new development this season, it's been like this for a good 3-4 seasons now.

This should solidify another year of March Sadness for the Eagles.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          I wasn't at the Denver game last year but this is probably what it looked like. At least Hockey East play is right around the corner!
                          This was worse. Much worse. I cannot remember the last time they looked this non-competitive. There was literally NOTHING positive to take out of last night's game. 4 games in and they've been shut out 3 times and given up a 7 spot twice.

The only solace I can take is thinking back to a few years ago when Wisconsin came here and got buried like 9-1 and then got embarrassed again by BU the next night. That Wisconsin team ended up going like 26-13 and making the NCAAs, so it's POSSIBLE to get off to an embarrassingly bad start and recover and make the NCAAs. That said, it's hard to envision this current product recovering to that extent.

Demoralizing.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            It's almost laughable how far the program has fallen.
                            Might York's days be numbered?
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              BC fans might feel different but IMO that guy is gonna leave when he wants to leave. And he deserves to.
                              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                A Jesuit may argue that all our days are numbered. We just don't know the last one.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X