Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Originally posted by j.d. View Post
    to me, bu-nu is a better "draw" but i could totally be discounting the umass minutewagon factor. I am expecting a big umass crowd. Is it done with attendance in mind or tv ratings? Mookie always explains tv ratings are minuscule so maybe this was done to allow umass students and people from western mass to make the trip in.
    fyp

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      To me, BU-NU is a better "draw" but I could totally be discounting the UMass bandwagon factor. I am expecting a big UMass crowd. Is it done with attendance in mind or TV ratings? Mookie always explains TV ratings are minuscule so maybe this was done to allow UMass students and people from western Mass to make the trip in.
      And you can't be serious that it's a "better draw." The last time BU was even MENTIONED in a TV or radio sportscast was in 2009 after we won the national championship. BC gets mentioned in every report when they have a football game (and before you say it, yes, we were irrelevant even when we HAD football). Mike Lynch, Steve Burton and the rest don't even know BU exists. So you have perennial favorite BC against the biggest story in college hockey this year in UMass and you say BU/NU is a better draw? What are you smoking????

Comment

I meant strictly from a hockey perspective. The intensity of BU-NU rivalry especially since Northeastern has been good under Madigan. To me it's a more compelling game. But I admit I am putting aside the outside factors when I say that. UMass has been terrible for so long it's tough to gauge.

Comment

I meant strictly from a hockey perspective. The intensity of BU-NU rivalry especially since Northeastern has been good under Madigan. To me it's a more compelling game. But I admit I am putting aside the outside factors when I say that. UMass has been terrible for so long it's tough to gauge.
          I'd agree except that we just don't get the fan turnout anymore. To me, the intensity is dependent upon the excitement generated in the arena. Sadly, I have really been discouraged after attending the previous four Hockey East tournaments, so as far as I'm concerned, let UMass pack the place and breathe some new life into it. When they came to Agganis there were so many UMass fans there it was like a home game for them. Actually it was embarrassing but there's nothing I can do to change it. That was the motivation behind my comment.

Comment

To me, BU-NU is a better "draw" but I could totally be discounting the UMass bandwagon factor. I am expecting a big UMass crowd. Is it done with attendance in mind or TV ratings? Mookie always explains TV ratings are minuscule so maybe this was done to allow UMass students and people from western Mass to make the trip in.
            No matter their record I think BC BU draws attention but UMass being #1 negates some of that this year IMO
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I could be all wet here but I think we are overestimating how many UMass-Amherst will bring . We’ll see .

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                I could be all wet here but I think we are overestimating how many UMass-Amherst will bring . We’ll see .
                Maybe, but remember. They are the "state" school, which means there are alumni all over the state that could come out of the woodwork for something like this. Personally (seriously) I hope they do. I'm tired of going to games in that place where it's half dead.
                Last edited by chickod; 03-18-2019, 03:08 PM.

Comment

I was gonna ask him who he has cutting down the nets in March Madness. Maybe Colgate? Yale? Let me know so I can place that bet!
                  Sorry but I never do well with Basketball projections but with Hockey I have a real darkhorse to consider: Niagara University. Chances are they won't even make the tournament but they remind me of UMass last year. Even though UMass did not have a stellar year you could see it developing late in the season and when the playoffs were approaching I felt they were a dangerous draw. Look how they took off since then. Niagara has some exceptional young players including a 40 point freshman Stenlund and a high scoring defenseman Delmas. They have a lot of speed in players like Cooley and Kendall. Their goalie Wilson has peaked at the right time too. He is playing outstanding and can easily steal some games.

BC was one of the few teams that UMass had trouble with late last year and in a one game situation it is anyone's game. BC has one big advantage, playing at the Garden which may be a little intimidating for a newcomer like UMass. That possible BC-BU final could be one of the better fan draws in a long time as both teams would be truly psyched just to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    Maybe, but remember. They are the "state" school, which means there are alumni all over the state that could come out of the woodwork for something like this. Personally (seriously) I hope they do. I'm tired of going to games in that place where it's half dead.
                    agree, it would be great if they filled the place. Someone's got to without Maine and to a lesser degree , UNH , not ever coming anymore.

Comment

I could be all wet here ....
                      well tell us what you're looking at?!?!? or at whom?!??!
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        agree, it would be great if they filled the place. Someone's got to without Maine and to a lesser degree , UNH , not ever coming anymore.
                        I went to the Garden to get my tickets this morning and lot of the sections were filled already. So I had to select what was left in loge

BC and NU are located in loge 7 end but on opposite sides

Since my brother is an NU grad I decided to take seats in loge 7 since it’s between the BC and NU sections allocated which is like no man’s land LOL

That way I don’t sit in the NU rooting section and my brother does not sit in the BC rooting section ))

In my opinion the Friday games will be packed mostly with UMass fans everywhere

So if you bought tickets for the balcony thinking you can move to lower bowl seats 🎈i’m Not sure if that’s possible if it’s a packed house Friday
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

There's a bandwagon of UMASS fans, not necessarily UMASS HOCKEY fans, that have come out of the woodwork this season. They absolutely packed Agganis for the UMASS @ BU game the 1st Friday in February; Agganis was near sold-out and I'd estimate it was split 60-40 between BU-UMASS fans. By far the largest group of visiting fans I've ever seen come to BU.

On a Friday night in the city, with many of their alums already working/living in greater Boston, I'd expect UMASS to bring more fans than BC, BU, NU combined.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

So if you bought tickets for the balcony thinking you can move to lower bowl seats 🎈i’m Not sure if that’s possible if it’s a packed house Friday
                            Well, us BU/NU fans can still prolly move to the lower bowl for the first two periods of Game 1.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              Well, us BU/NU fans can still prolly move to the lower bowl for the first two periods of Game 1.
                              That’s true but my friends think they can do that when they come in for game #2

I do not want to chance it and get kicked out when someone wants their assigned seats and I don’t like moving around looking for empty seats when I could be chilling in my own seats or feel free to mix with friends or other fans in the concession areas and not worry about where I sit when the game resumes

Comment

Getting back to the game I as a BC fan would be happy for st least one more win considering how very disappointing it has been this season

Playing on house money as they say but 2 wins would certainly reduce some of that disappointment for the horrible season BC has had

I just hope next season BC can come back to respectability that is generally associated with the program

I get no respect by the BC homers I run into but I really don’t care

I will not sugar coat strengths and weaknesses of the team

It doesn’t matter who it is whether it’s a player or coach

I rather call it as I see it than poo poo it and suck up to the homers I run into who will say nothing negative even if it’s the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X