Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 916

Thread: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

  1. #621
    Goin' Up?
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Outside Boston
    Posts
    15,297

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Hockey East admitted inappropriate comments between players, didn't specifically say racial slur. If you have a problem with that wording take it up with the league.

    Not sure who you are accusing of rationalizing this away, certainly wasn't me. I said earlier that uttering a racial slur to someone wouldn't even cross my mind even in the heat of battle. It's wrong and obviously a punishment is appropriate for someone who does that. But I am not going to feign outrage and demand the season be cancelled or demand the player's head on a stick.
    A suspension is appropriate.
    Enjoying summer...ahhh.

  2. #622
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,595

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    I agree

  3. #623
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    340

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by The Freds View Post
    A suspension is appropriate.
    Yes, but to whom? More details are needed for us as we don't know what the League knows or doesn't know. Inappropriate comment? Racial slur? Who heard it? Ref, Linesman, Penalty Box Attendant, etc? What was the situation that it happened in - net front scrum, In front of the benches during a line change? The game was streamed so I assume the League has tried to review the tape and find the specific moment that it happened, to try and narrow the possibilities of who the offender is? Or did it happen in a moment when it was just too hectic for the official to pinpoint the player? Maybe things will become clearer on Thursday or Friday?

  4. #624
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Savannah GA
    Posts
    5,016

    Talking Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Yeah, but in all fairness, that's a slippery slope, isn't it? It's bad enough society polices every word we say...now we're going to start calling penalties in a hockey game? Where does it end? If you call someone a "WOP," is that OK because he's not non-White? (and spare me the lectures about being PC - and I don't mean Providence College) I doubt it. We've all been called plenty of things. It's part of the tribal nature of the human species. It starts to get pretty subjective when you are going to call penalties because of what someone said (especially if "only" the ref heard it).
    Hey!! Im a WOP! I posted something then edited it because i thought i misunderstood your post, the sentence with the double negative "not non-white" not sure what you mean. #ProudWop #ForzaAzzurri Ciao!!
    Last edited by sterlippo1; 03-21-2019 at 05:58 AM.
    *****

  5. #625
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,158

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    https://deadspin.com/hockey-east-won...adspin_twitter

    (edit: its up to bc i guess, if they can find out who. will help this player in the long run..)
    Last edited by northeastern; 03-21-2019 at 07:04 AM.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

  6. #626
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    521

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    @CHN_AdamWodon
    Adam Wodon Retweeted College Hockey News
    Boston College's response here is .... disappointing ... and that's the most polite way I can say it at this time. ... Maybe I'll say more. Pfft.


    @CHN_AdamWodon
    I absolutely do not blame Hockey East here. It's hard to prove who said something with no audio on the game tape. ... This is on BC and the people who know what happened.



    @MikeMcMahonCHN
    BC says "what may or may not have been said" while HE clearly acknowledges something was said. BC's statement reads like they're not willing to say something was even said on the ice. HE's clearly says something was said, but they can't pinpoint who said it.
    Last edited by chrisP; 03-21-2019 at 09:00 AM.

  7. #627
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,595

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    One more thing I would add is it would be great to hear from Jerry York directly about this. But considering the AD was involved, who knows what took place in those conversations. Perhaps reporters can make an attempt to get a statement from him. For those reporters who seem to care so much, you at least have a chance to ask him after the game Friday. I doubt anyone will. Instead they will just scream about it on Twitter. Now that's being productive!

    It's an unfortunate situation and incredibly stupid, hurtful thing to do (without knowing exactly what was said) but unless I hear from Nate Leaman, PC, the victim that this was not handled correctly I am not going to fly off the handle like so many Twitter warriors out there. You would think that if this was handled as poorly as these warriors want you to believe that Leaman and PC would jump in to defend their player.

  8. #628
    2016 Hockey East Overlords
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    579

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    A PC assistant coach already tweeted yesterday about how "everybody know what happened" and that something should have been done. Just because you're not looking doesn't mean it isn't there.

    EDIT: Oh, I just noticed that you not only saw the tweet in question yesterday, you replied to it questioning it. So now you're also a boldfaced liar. Noted.
    Last edited by TheRevengeance; 03-21-2019 at 07:42 AM.

  9. #629
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,595

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    Ah yes another dumb post by you. You might want to look again.

  10. #630
    2016 Hockey East Overlords
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    579

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    Just because it's deleted doesn't mean it didn't happen. This is the internet, nothing goes away. Would you like a picture of you questioning the exact thing you just said you would accept?

  11. #631
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,595

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    Lol so now a deleted tweet has to be considered gospel. It can't possibly be that the person was wrong or talking out of their ***. I bet it's all just part of the coverup! Run along now.

  12. #632
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,595

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    And for those unaware it was from Peter Russo. But now that it's deleted I don't know what his exact words were. But hey the fact he deleted it doesn't matter apparently. What a world.

  13. #633
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    4,255

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    Hey!! Im a WOP! I posted something then edited it because i thought i misunderstood your post, the sentence with the double negative "not non-white" not sure what you mean. #ProudWop #ForzaAzzurri Ciao!!
    I'll clarify. My point was, it's OK if you call someone a "Mick" or a "Kraut" or a "Polock" but it's not ok if their skin is non white. Of course, this will immediately be met with cries of "You're a racist!!!!!!!!!!!!" Which would be completely missing the point.

  14. #634
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    43,249

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    There were 5 igles on the ice, no?

    Would think a man of jrrry's stature would sit all 5 if none balled up and copped

  15. #635
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Posts
    3,115
    Here are game 1 highlights all you need to watch is first PC goal initially waved off scored by Sukamaran. You can see in one view of goal #10 seem to direct at least his attention to Vimal. They had tangled together just before goal. Official is Ref Testa. Ironically investigation begin Sat. 10 sat out Sunday with some excuse about hospital night before. Possibly HEA and BC were trying to shield him from being pillored by a heat of the moment outburst.

    https://twitter.com/friarshockey/status/1106771663625031681?s=12

  16. #636
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,595

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    Well it's not even clear if it was on ice or from bench etc. And no I don't think sitting 5 guys in your scenario is reasonable.

  17. #637
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,906

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    Seems fairly certain something happened; no one knows who said something "offensive". I think it's disappointing at the very least. But as we learned from the Brett Kavanaugh fun, we can't just go around pinning some infraction on someone maybe kinda sorta that said it. This isn't pin the slur on the random BC hockey player that you play at a kindergarten party on Halloween. I know everyone wants to see something done here but it seems there just isn't enough to get to a reasonable certainty that Player X said some bad words that hurt someone's feelings while they got their participation ribbon; as much as everyone wants it to happen. And you can bet the league would love to do something about this.

    Lastly, this is all further evidence that BC needs to clean this program out and start anew. Granted that won't happen so for now I'll settle with York packing up an assistant's belongings (Ayers or McInnis) into a carboard box and bringing in Coach Failboat now that Miami fired him and let him kick some azz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  18. #638
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,595

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    Uh cavbim #10 is Chris Brown. He played Sunday. The player who went to the hospital was 11, McBain because they feared he had a ruptured spleen. This is why I get worked up.

  19. #639
    2016 Hockey East Overlords
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    And for those unaware it was from Peter Russo. But now that it's deleted I don't know what his exact words were. But hey the fact he deleted it doesn't matter apparently. What a world.
    Okay, you're clearly not getting this. Let me spell it out for you.

    You said, in this thread, the exact words.

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    unless I hear from Nate Leaman, PC, the victim that this was not handled correctly I am not going to fly off the handle like so many Twitter warriors out there. You would think that if this was handled as poorly as these warriors want you to believe that Leaman and PC would jump in to defend their player.
    When presented with a message from an employee of Providence College indicating that this was not handled correctly, the exact thing you asked for, you did not do what you say you would, you questioned him and called him out. The fact that it is gone now does not change the fact that you unequivocally, one-hundred percent, are lying when you say you would side with PC if they thought it was mishandled. You would continue moving the goalposts over and over and over, never accepting anything as enough. You have already proven that, when you said you would accept something despite being presented with the exact thing and not accepting it.

  20. #640
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,906

    Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by cavbim View Post
    Here are game 1 highlights all you need to watch is first PC goal initially waved off scored by Sukamaran. You can see in one view of goal #10 seem to direct at least his attention to Vimal. They had tangled together just before goal. Official is Ref Testa. Ironically investigation begin Sat. 10 sat out Sunday with some excuse about hospital night before. Possibly HEA and BC were trying to shield him from being pillored by a heat of the moment outburst.

    https://twitter.com/friarshockey/sta...625031681?s=12
    While you're at it, can you review the Zapruder film and let us all know who actually shot Kennedy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •