Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Opposite Girl

Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    It is with great sadness that i share the sad news of the passing of our dear friend and long time poster , FiveHole12. I met Steve about 12 years ago and have been good friends ever since. He was a wonderful, giving, thoughtful human being and will be missed. Please pray for our hockey brother. I was with him at the BC at Maine weekend at the end of the regular season and shortly there after i got a phone call from him and he explained what was happening. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor and while the surgery was successful , it was the infection he developed afterwards that took him from us. R.I.P my buddy, i will miss you.
    NOOO! Oh I am beyond sad to hear this. May his memory be eternal. And my condolences to the BC Hockey family who lost one of their best.

Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    NOOO! Oh I am beyond sad to hear this. May his memory be eternal. And my condolences to the BC Hockey family who lost one of their best.
    So sorry to hear this news...condolences to all who knew him.
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

Veteran

Echoing all of the prior posts. Very sorry to hear the news.

Ditto. Very sad to hear. My condolences as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Who recruits the players that should be able to put the puck in the net? Or defend their own zone?
    They were FF teams in 2014 and 2016, lost 7 players in 2016 and had to reload in 3 months. Tolvensen doesn't show up because he couldn't get out of high school. There are problems for sure and the talent level is not the same but the coaches have not forgotten how to coach and motivate. Thinking otherwise is nonsense.
    Last edited by DNAEagle; 05-14-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks to all that chimed in about Steve (FiveHole12) His wake is tomorrow and i'll be sure to pass along to his family how many friends he had here. Our hockey family is pretty cool . <3

Doggie Out! Afuera!

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...-rankings-may/

Sportsnet has 3 of BC's incoming freshmen (Boldy, Newhook, Knight) rated as first round draft picks. Given recent history over the past few seasons, I don't know whether this is good, bad, or a mixture of both.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    Thanks to all that chimed in about Steve (FiveHole12) His wake is tomorrow and i'll be sure to pass along to his family how many friends he had here. Our hockey family is pretty cool . <3
    Bummed out to hear about this. Was always insightful on this board and had been reading his comments for years.
    Today we skate with 'em.

Blackhawks!!!

Sorry to hear about FiveHole12. Thanks for sharing the news Sterilippo1

Two new commitments for the Eagles. Defenseman Jack Agnew from Saint Andrew's College is headed to Chilliwack for a year before arriving at BC in 2020. Defenseman Mitch Andres played for Chilliwack this past season. Andres has already played three seasons in the BCHL, will probably come to BC in September.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGuru View Post
    Two new commitments for the Eagles. Defenseman Jack Agnew from Saint Andrew's College is headed to Chilliwack for a year before arriving at BC in 2020. Defenseman Mitch Andres played for Chilliwack this past season. Andres has already played three seasons in the BCHL, will probably come to BC in September.
    Andres is just what the doctor ordered, 6-2, 190 21 yo freshman who can skate, passes the puck well and can be physical.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglekeeper View Post
    21 yo freshman ....

um, this is the 'bc igles' thread. you may be misposting from the umlol or mack thread down the page igles don't do 21yo freshmen
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Holding court

Quote Originally Posted by eaglekeeper View Post
    Andres is just what the doctor ordered, 6-2, 190 21 yo freshman who can skate, passes the puck well and can be physical.
    Gimme more 21 year old freshmen and let's beat the buttheads at their own game and see them cry and maybe then we can all agree to legislate the game properly.

I think I read somewhere that this kid has 4 brothers, 3 of which are triplets. Imagine being the parents and having to buy a good half dozen $250+ hockey sticks for all of these kids each season on top of all the other costs. I hope the kid got a full scholarship for the sake of the parents.

Whenever someone starts the 2019-2020 thread, I highly suggest we make it in memoriam to FiveHole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Gimme more 21 year old freshmen and let's beat the buttheads at their own game and see them cry and maybe then we can all agree to legislate the game properly.

I think I read somewhere that this kid has 4 brothers, 3 of which are triplets. Imagine being the parents and having to buy a good half dozen $250+ hockey sticks for all of these kids each season on top of all the other costs. I hope the kid got a full scholarship for the sake of the parents.

Whenever someone starts the 2019-2020 thread, I highly suggest we make it in memoriam to FiveHole.
    We should call it Back to Glory - No chit!

Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH

Congrats to your BC Women's Lax team...goin' to the 'shipppppp!
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

Zach Sanford, part of BC's last Frozen Four team in 2016, gets the primary assist on the first goal by St. Louis in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final
    "No matter where you go, there you are"

Schedule for next season is out, unbelievably

https://bceagles.com/news/2019/6/10/...-schedule.aspx
    "No matter where you go, there you are"

there's a good buck in that racket.

Mc uvm and uhn for all y’alls extra games.... SWEET

The boo birds who say JY can't recruit should be quiet until our first loss. There is talent coming in on the O and on the D. Hope we can keep them on 2 seasons but the college hockey landscape has changed so much in the last few years. Everyone is feeling it.

My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DNAEagle View Post
    The boo birds who say JY can't recruit should be quiet until our first loss. There is talent coming in on the O and on the D. Hope we can keep them on 2 seasons but the college hockey landscape has changed so much in the last few years. Everyone is feeling it.
    Yea this is the first time in forever we've had talented recruits get taken in the draft! And by forever, I mean, oh about 12 months.

I would have been more impressed if this post was in early September declaring the recruiting a success after they showed up on campus at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by reBlur View Post
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Thread Information