Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    ..This could be the 1st out of conference W in quite a long time 🦅
    think you guys will be fine L-T..but this is nuts..

from coll hockey news..
    Boston College is 0-15-4 in its last 19 regular-season non-conference games, dating back to Nov. 2016
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Doggie Out! Afuera!

Re: Boston College Eagles �� 2018-2019

Woof. Shut out the first night, give up a 7 spot the second night. No need to panic after two games, but this team found out last year how important these early out of conference games are. They need to turn this around quickly.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    think you guys will be fine L-T..but this is nuts..

from coll hockey news..
    Boston College is 0-15-4 in its last 19 regular-season non-conference games, dating back to Nov. 2016
    Really is stunning considering they have had good teams in league play. York likes to play the iron but it hasn't worked out recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Check View Post
    Woof. Shut out the first night, give up a 7 spot the second night. No need to panic after two games, but this team found out last year how important these early out of conference games are. They need to turn this around quickly.
    Claw to a .500 non conference record and call it a success based on last two years. But already facing an uphill battle going to Quinnipiac and then St. Cloud comes in. Needed one of those games against Wisconsin. Very disappointing.

Teaching you how to Bucky.

I didn't see the games but can someone who watched the game or games comment on their defense ?

Was it the team defense or the defensemen didn't play very well or combination of both and some bad goals let in by the netminder ?
    I guess I can offer a critique.

I'd say that Woll fought the puck a little on the night. As a problem, that was compounded by D who probably weren't active enough in moving their feet and in bodying up and clearing Badger F's out, plus the BC F's were getting caught high in the zone too much. To be fair, the Badger's have a very good D corp and their in-zone offense is almost entirely get it low then move it high and across for the shot while the F's all go to the net. So, BC F's were sucked high in zone in part because everyone knew that was where the puck was going every time. But your F's still got beat back to the net when the shot came in too much, which left the D outnumbered at the net when the rebounds came loose.
    In transition I don't think your F's backchecked all the way like you'd like see them, plus they got caught changing behind the play on occasion. With the new rule you can't make up half a sheet of ice on a change behind the play, so that's an adjustment everyone has to make. Probably also turned it over in transition a bit more than you'd like to see as well.

So I'd say when it went wrong, that's what it was. Other times it went pretty well, so I would think it's not a lot of hard fixes. Plus Woll isn't going to fight the puck on very many nights I wouldn't think. The PP looked really good for so early in the season, and in general, the rush was dangerous and in zone offense applied a lot of pressure and got off some very good shots that just didn't go. Could have easily been a different result on Saturday. But it wasn't. Ha!
    Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 10-15-2018 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Check View Post
    The problems they’ve had in these 2 games can be fixed and this is just early season kinks.

Looking for a W in Hamden Connecticut 🦅

Doggie Out! Afuera!

The problems they’ve had in these 2 games can be fixed and this is just early season kinks.

Looking for a W in Hamden Connecticut 🦅
    I agree with that. The problem is that there is a limited non-league schedule in which problems with the PWR can be fixed. That needs to start being fixed immediately.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Really is stunning considering they have had good teams in league play.........
    Perhaps it says something about the strength of Hockey East the last couple of years.

Oh it absolutely does but that record is unfathomable

Well still a work in progress

At least there were some offense but now they need to fix the defense
    The D has been a mess for years. Has been problem #1 since McCoshen & Santini, IMO. Even then, they were the only two 'true' defensemen. Our guys spend more time behind the opponents net than on the blue line. That causes big problems for our forwards, as well as defensively. Straighten that chit out, bare minimum, for starters. Nothing you can do now about big forwards pushing them around in the D zone, they just have to work harder.... it is what it is.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Holding court

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    The D has been a mess for years.
    Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Holding court

Anyway, remember when our boys would go West for two in October, blow out some great western programs and return home with 2 wins? Those times seem to be gone.

SCSU and QPac are huge.
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Really is stunning considering they have had good teams in league play. York likes to play the iron but it hasn't worked out recently.
    right, how about changing it up one year and NOT go out west early, have a team come to Conte for the first weekend of the season? Same old , same old has not been working for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Anyway, remember when our boys would go West for two in October, blow out some great western programs and return home with 2 wins? Those times seem to be gone.

SCSU and QPac are huge.
    Remember when BC used to forecheck the crap out of opponents and convert for scores? And the opponent rarely forechecked BC or they'd be looking at BC odd man rushes on their net? Those times seem to be gone as well. Eagles get beaten by their old game plan now.

I did see some good forecheck turnover/conversions against New Brunswick, so I hold hope that someday this trend will turn around. Better competition... work harder.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Now that I just got my Frozen4 tickets to Buffalo I certainly hope this team rights the ship. Prices keep climbing and I may only buy when they are local (in the northeast) now. Great seats are still available including blue line in the lower level. I got club seats around the face off circle but there are very few club seats left except close to the goals or in the ends. Demand for tickets is way down for I never came close to getting such good seats before as the best I did was low in the corners of the balcony or high up(last row or two) center ice.

Weekend Preview: Boston College Eagles

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...ge-eagles.html
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Quote Originally Posted by BC/HE View Post
    Now that I just got my Frozen4 tickets to Buffalo I certainly hope this team rights the ship. Prices keep climbing and I may only buy when they are local (in the northeast) now. Great seats are still available including blue line in the lower level. I got club seats around the face off circle but there are very few club seats left except close to the goals or in the ends. Demand for tickets is way down for I never came close to getting such good seats before as the best I did was low in the corners of the balcony or high up(last row or two) center ice.
    Prices keep going up and demand keeps going down. Got it NCAA, Jesus.

Holding court

Quote Originally Posted by BC/HE View Post
    The NCAA killed a good thing. I think I paid $120 for a strip of tickets to the 1998 FF in Boston if I remember correctly.

I likely will go to Buffalo/Toronto/Niagara Falls for this event so I splurged and got tickets yesterday as well but I certainly didn't pony up and get 4, only got 2. If my other teammates/friends want to come, they will have to scalp them (hopefully for them, less than face that I paid).

Quote Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    Prices keep going up and demand keeps going down. Got it NCAA, Jesus.
    It’s not just the NCAA, unfortunately. It seems like in the last few years Beanpot, hockey east finals, and a lot of teams are way down as well.

My bad.

Fore!!!!!!!

Thread Information