Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Name change scheduled for 12/19 at 8:30 AM... Anti-List!
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Kicizapi Cetan

"Dow down < big number here > points!" heard yesterday.

That report is on The List.

Why? Historically the Dow waggles +/- 1% on any day; specific news will waggle it +/- 2% in a day; an event will move it more in a day.

The Dow moving 400 points right now in a day is a <2% move; noteworthy, yes, but not earth shattering. (Tech stocks had a bad day yesterday; that was the news, not the points number.)

Not understanding that, just shouting the big scary number, puts innumeracy on The List.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Not having a family to join for Thanksgiving: List.

Realizing it's because of coming out and being on hormones: List.

People who tell me that this "lifestyle" is something I "chose:"- List
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Wait, you were alone?

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Wait, you were alone?
    It's been the father unit and I since 2012.

2010, I went to my aunt's (she still loved me at the time). 2012, around the time of my biological father's death, stepmom, my brother, stepsisters, and I had a small dinner in Vegas, then I came home and did something with just stepfather and I. It's been this way ever since.

Father unit had an invite, but said he didn't want me to be alone. This invite was to a conservative pastor's house, so I wouldn't have been comfortable.
    ― Franz Kafka

Tuesday, emotionally, I felt like trash. Got a couple of cruel reminders that when I came out and started hormones, I destroyed some peoples' idea of who they thought I was, and THAT is the ultimate sin to them. So that's on The List.

But on Tuesday too, I was comforted (basically snuggled with her) by my pastor, and on Thursday, Mom Wendy at OOTL reeled me back in and told me not to worry about those people. She just brought me back to the present, where I have new families, people lifting me up, and taking me under their wing and mentoring me. So that's on the Anti-List.
    ― Franz Kafka

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

It's not about who anyone else thinks you are. Fck those people.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    It's not about who anyone else thinks you are. Fck those people.
    As Mom Wendy and my pastor said. I'm here now. Be present.
    ― Franz Kafka

Being dead named by my supervisor: List.
    ― Franz Kafka

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Being dead named by my supervisor: List.
    9 AM, brought it up, asked him to stop... was told "it's in the system," and he left it at that. I was ether on the edge of tears or livid, couldn't figure out which one, so resolved to go to HR at the end of the day.

2:30 PM, on the way out, I got another shot at him. This time, I told him to imagine we switched positions. Imagine he came out and said the name was Andrea, and wanted to be called that. So I said okay, but over time, I kept calling him "Andrew" because "it's in the system." Paused for a moment, and asked "wouldn't that make you feel uncomfortable?"

He paused, then nodded, and said something to the effect of "I understand now." He WILL start calling me Amber from here on out.

So, using reason and empathy to get what I needed: Anti-List.
    ― Franz Kafka

AHhhhhhhhhhhh!! The University system to get transcripts in on the List!!

I graduated in 1982 first time and second time 1988. They switched systems in 1987. I cannot request electronically. I need to have a copy to be OK'd for a job. I went to the U and they gave sealed paper copies. Get an email. I need to prove I graduated. Open one fo the copies I still have. uutf. They left off the last academic yr. This job needs the Board approval to hire me. This is after they changed the rules to be approved. Going on 2 weeks of waiting to hear only to hear this is on the List!!

Not a happy camper. I am at a conference and can't go again. mr les is goung to try to go over to the U and see if he can work something out.

Veteran

welcome back to work. you have 721 new emails.

Real estate agents and lenders who don’t prep first time buyers adequately.

Sale of my house nearly fell through last week because my buyer quit his job for a new job at a new firm three weeks before closing. He didn’t think it “mattered.”

Luckily the lender came through.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Real estate agents and lenders who don’t prep first time buyers adequately.

Sale of my house nearly fell through last week because my buyer quit his job for a new job at a new firm three weeks before closing. He didn’t think it “mattered.”

Luckily the lender came through.
    When I bought my house in 2011, we practically begged our lender for months to let us know if they needed anything else, because we were going on our honeymoon the week before closing. They kept telling us they were good. Get back from the honeymoon, they needed 10 different things in the last 2 days before closing. Oh, and they tried to tell us they couldn't give us the final amount they needed for closing, so we should just bring a cashier's check for $X and they'd refund the extra. Yeah, Fark that.

Tl;dr: it's not always the buyer's fault.

not particularly bad

Work today is on the list.

Came in late due to a doctor's appointment, find my laptop is missing. Tech support wanted to teach people lessons about leaving their computers out. I get it, but I had asked my manager if I needed to put it away or take it home or anything and was told no. Tech told me to lock it in a drawer. I don't have a key for my desk drawers. Hell, I barely have drawer space 'cause there's all kinds of crap from the last person before I started.

All that while I was already late and trying to make it to my meeting on time. Head out to the floor to try and go to the meeting and the aisle way is full of rubble. We've been having to take detours all week while an area of the plant is under construction, but there's no notice or posting of what route to take. So now I have no idea how to get to production and I'm already under holiday stress and blah, blah, blah, wah.

Anti-list vacation and family next week.

Crying on Christmas because I really want my mom, even though she's been gone for 8 years. List.
    Last edited by MissThundercat; 12-26-2018 at 07:29 PM.
    ― Franz Kafka

While I am more inclined to List winter the older I get, I was out shoveling a soft 4 inch snow this morning well before sunrise. Predawn is nice any time of year, but after a fresh, windless snow with some ambient light from the moon or even streetlights, it's really sweet. Anti List that.

Having to go to HR because my supervisor doesn't want to even try with Amber Marie and she/her pronouns: List.

Thankfully, the other two supervisors in the P2 Raw area of the plant do get it and they've embraced me... so they're on the Anti-List.
    ― Franz Kafka

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Having to go to HR because my supervisor doesn't want to even try with Amber Marie and she/her pronouns: List.
    There are still people like this? How hard can it be? Seriously? Is this just a deliberate fundy dick move by her or is she legitimately mentally challenged?
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    There are still people like this? How hard can it be? Seriously? Is this just a deliberate fundy dick move by her or is she legitimately mentally challenged?
    It's been a while, but could it be habit? DM was hired as a man...is it like a forever association, because that's how they first met you?

Note: NOT excusing the behavior, trying to figure out the reason...heck, half the time I call people I've met through the boards by their screennames, because that I couldn't remember their real names. My fault/my weakness and all, and I've gotten better at it, and as I got to know them better, the real names come around, and then THAT'S the way it is, but at first.....
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Thread Information