Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Having a million things to do is on The List. Thinking I can get them all done without considering there is no possible way I can do all that in one day is on The List. I never learn.

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

All the friends I call "Mom" are on the Anti-List. The best hugs and the best advice.

Finishing the Grand Rapids half-marathon on Sunday with a HUGE smile on my face is on the Anti-List. For those who know the story, the fun had been missing from these events.

Concluding that affirming surgery is inevitable is also on the Anti-List.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Having a student not hand things in despite multiple emails is on The List Having the course Pass/Fail so there is no consequence to being late is on The List

On The Anti-List- lilnsl les ran his first marathon, 2:37.15.7 half a percentage point off of National caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    All the friends I call "Mom" are on the Anti-List. The best hugs and the best advice.

Finishing the Grand Rapids half-marathon on Sunday with a HUGE smile on my face is on the Anti-List. For those who know the story, the fun had been missing from these events.

Concluding that affirming surgery is inevitable is also on the Anti-List.
    Having all Anti-lists to report is on the Anti-List.

Hearing "I have your heart and soul. Always, Amber Marie!" from one of my Mom friends is definitely on the Anti-List.
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka

wubba lubba dub dub

Office location reorganizations are on The List. My computer was in a shambles, and it required far too much time with the tech teams to resolve. Even my keyboard required some TLC as the little rubber footpads fell off it. That doesn't seem like a bid deal, right? Try typing while your keyboard's skating all over your desk with each keystroke.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Office location reorganizations are on The List. My computer was in a shambles, and it required far too much time with the tech teams to resolve. Even my keyboard required some TLC as the little rubber footpads fell off it. That doesn't seem like a bid deal, right? Try typing while your keyboard's skating all over your desk with each keystroke.
    Don't you guys have laptops?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Don't you guys have laptops?
    We dock them and use double or triple monitors, depending upon your role. My keyboard connected to the dock was all messed up.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

I am the first trans human ever at my plant. So I'm the trail blazer, and that's on the Anti-List. However, HR having no real plan for me, despite having known this for over 7 months is on The List.
    ― Franz Kafka

I am the first trans human ever at my plant. So I'm the trail blazer, and that's on the Anti-List. However, HR having no real plan for me, despite having known this for over 7 months is on The List.
    They have no clue and probably making it up as it goes.

Technologieberater FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Joe is probably right. I think you've expressed previously that you had your supervisors talk to a couple of people who don't approve of your identity, and they've shut up ever since. That's merely a start.

I've previously mentioned that one of the project managers I've worked with is trans, and she sits on the LGBTQ advisory board for our company. She's had a hand in crafting some of our policies over the years. Maybe that's something to step up and try to aspire to at your company?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Joe is probably right. I think you've expressed previously that you had your supervisors talk to a couple of people who don't approve of your identity, and they've shut up ever since. That's merely a start.

I've previously mentioned that one of the project managers I've worked with is trans, and she sits on the LGBTQ advisory board for our company. She's had a hand in crafting some of our policies over the years. Maybe that's something to step up and try to aspire to at your company?
    I also invited them to attend my trans support group so we could help them, but HR said they had it. I know the HR manager is out of town this week, but there needs to be a plan.
    ― Franz Kafka

I also invited them to attend my trans support group so we could help them, but HR said they had it. I know the HR manager is out of town this week, but there needs to be a plan.
    Treat Amber as you wish to be treated.

There. 8 words. Too bad it doesn't work that way.

wubba lubba dub dub

Tyson is huge. Corporate has a plan, your local HR simply has to review and figure out how they will specifically implement the plan. It takes some time.

Lucia Apologist

Doing a Habitat for Humanity build. The Anti-list
    Rolling up and seeing a sod truck and a dump truck just delivering your work for the day. The List
    Burning 5,500 calories doing landscaping. The Anti-list
    Waking up the next morning. Oh my god The List
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

wubba lubba dub dub

Doing a Habitat for Humanity build. The Anti-list
    Rolling up and seeing a sod truck and a dump truck just delivering your work for the day. The List
    Burning 5,500 calories doing landscaping. The Anti-list
    Waking up the next morning. Oh my god The List

I hated sod days back in my landscaping years.

Lucia Apologist

Yeah according to Fitbit, fwiw, this was the most energy I’ve burned in a day since I started wearing a tracker.

I don’t know how people do this every day.

wubba lubba dub dub

Yeah according to Fitbit, fwiw, this was the most energy I’ve burned in a day since I started wearing a tracker.

I don’t know how people do this every day.
    You get used to it. By mid-summer it wouldn't be much of an extra physical effort to lay the sod - only about 40lbs per roll. The problem was making sure each roll was abutting the ones next to it, and then cutting in the small areas - knives go dull quick and deep cuts on fingers aren't rare.

My oldest & family are living with us in between houses. They have a 2 year old.

Baby Shark makes The List.
    Last edited by joecct; 10-31-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Kicizapi Cetan

No open treadmills so having to use an elliptical and remembering the hard way those do not use the same muscle groups is on The List.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Thread Information