Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Agreed. I like to mention rotary as I think it’s such a stupid term for a roundabout
    Per my Traffic Engineering professor (who was frigging awesome,) the proper term is "traffic circle."
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

I accept both "roundabout" and "traffic circle", but tend to lean towards using "roundabout" in daily speech.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Per my Traffic Engineering professor (who was frigging awesome,) the proper term is "traffic circle."
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I accept both "roundabout" and "traffic circle", but tend to lean towards using "roundabout" in daily speech.
    When I see drivers who I can tell are "traffic circle" types trying to merge in a roundabout, I block them.

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I like "circle of death".
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Lucia Apologist

Traffic furniture
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

People who not only queue waiting for an elevator literally one foot from the elevator doors but also try to board it before letting those trying to exit do just that are on The List.

The current penchant, on the radio and the TV, for pronouncing 'ST' sound like there is an h in there- like sh-treet, sh-tick, sh-tory, sh-top. Gaaaaahhhhhhh! On the List!

Students who do not listen/read instructions and interrupt to ask how to do something that I'm explaining are on the List.

People who post The List every week for years then just disappear are on The List.

People who finally come to realize their sins of omission and begin to post The List again are on the AntiList.

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Was in a car accident (my fault) last week Tuesday, and that's on The List.

Been getting headaches since, and they're on The List.

However, the people I've reached out to, helping find humor in a bad situation are on The Anti-List.

The people offering rides to work and where I need to go are on The Anti-List.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Been getting headaches since, and they're on The List.
    Um, that's not cool. That's your body telling you something is amiss. Go see a medical professional and get checked out.

Not going to the gym for a while (like couple years) and then starting up again is on The List. I vaguely remembered certain muscle groups; it's no longer vague ... < ouch >; however, sleeping through the night again is nice.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Feeling helpless and hopeless about moral bankruptcy is on the List!
    Being so frustrated it is spilling into other parts of my life and making me angry at everyone and everything is on the List

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Um, that's not cool. That's your body telling you something is amiss. Go see a medical professional and get checked out.
    I went to urgent care the day after; the doctor there said they were just headaches and there was nothing else he could do.

I see my GP on Wednesday, and I think she can dig a little deeper.
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka

Coworkers who deliberately spray a high pressure water hose 6 inches from my face are on The List.

I work at Tyson Foods, and tank wash is where we clean storage tanks. We work with harsh chemicals and high pressure hot water. I go to start working with the degreaser, and all of a sudden, there's this blast of hot water coming from across the room... a few inches from my face.
    ― Franz Kafka

Getting through my first workout since the accident without a screaming headache or any pain is on The Anti List.

Managing to walk through Meijer yesterday and leave with a relatively healthy cart is also on The Anti List. Reducing the grocery list to ice cream, chocolate covered everything, coffee, and booze might feel good, but only leaves me feeling like trash in the end.
    ― Franz Kafka

Making a very nice profit on selling some bottles of beer is on the Anti-List.
    Turning *some* of that profit money into a very nice bottle of scotch is on the Anti-List.

The Bills are on The List, though.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Spending the by at the ocean, watching my kid kill it in a big race is on the Anti-List
    Having Fish and Chips overlooking the Harbor with schooners going by is on the the Anti-List
    Having to come back to reality is on the List

Kicizapi Cetan

Starting Monday with an annual physical is on The List.

North Dakota Hockey:

Being told how to smile is on The List.

I was told to show teeth when I smile, but every time I do, it's forced. I took 7 months on hormones pictures today, and instead of looking happy, I look exasperated.
    ― Franz Kafka

Opposite Girl

The company that my condo's management company hired to replace our balcony railings is on The List. They ripped up the rug on my balcony, rolled it up and left it there. I came home to that. Other unit owners have it worse. One unit had tile down and this company broke half the tiles. All the management company told us was to remove any furniture, not that the rugs needed to come off.

Our management company for a) not telling us that the rugs needed to come off and b) only offering to pay 50% of any cost to get our balconies back to what they were before goes on The List. They damaged my property. I may call my insurance company. Hey, I work for them!! Maybe they can give me some guidance!

Thread Information