• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    I hate Oxy and Perc.
    Good. More for me.

Those drugs are amazing. I would absolutely live on them 24/7 if I had a billion dollars. Nothing else from a child's love to the splendor of the natural environment to the contemplation of the circumference of man's mind comes even remotely close to the feeling of well-being I get from those little pills.

I stay away from them because I do not have a billion dollars.

Yet.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Good. More for me.

Those drugs are amazing. I would absolutely live on them 24/7 if I had a billion dollars. Nothing else from a child's love to the splendor of the natural environment to the contemplation of the circumference of man's mind comes even remotely close to the feeling of well-being I get from those little pills.

I stay away from them because I do not have a billion dollars.

Yet.
      Which is weird, because it literally did nothing for me. I said multiple times I don’t know how or why people get addicted to it because it did nothing for me with regards to pain management. Why is it that it works for some people but not for others? It made me feel like crap and i got nauseous. Of course, it was a mild dosage. Maybe if it was a larger one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Which is weird, because it literally did nothing for me. I said multiple times I don’t know how or why people get addicted to it because it did nothing for me with regards to pain management. Why is it that it works for some people but not for others? It made me feel like crap and i got nauseous. Of course, it was a mild dosage. Maybe if it was a larger one?
        Same here. Mookie has had both and nada. Maybe the pharm slipped mookie placebos
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Same here. Mookie has had both and nada. Maybe the pharm slipped mookie placebos
          Maybe mookie is always naturally stoned and it's impossible to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Different people, different reactions. I went through almost the entire Physicians Desk Reference before finding an anti-anxiety medication that did anything good for me. On the way there I had every possible negative side effect.

Pharmaceuticals is witchcraft.

In all seriousness those drugs have a very high addiction risk for me. They are cocaine I can get with a prescription. I try really hard not to use them because as a Catholic I know anything pleasurable was put here by God to ruin us. Because God is funny like that.
            Last edited by Kepler; 07-10-2019, 09:33 AM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Pharmaceuticals is basically witchcraft.
              OK, Natural News.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                OK, Natural News.
                How do you I know I meant witchcraft as a pejorative?

OK, how about this. Chemical reactions vary by environment and the chemical environments within human beings vary broadly, therefore there is a wide latitude of human responses to individual drugs.
                Cornell University

Comment

How do you I know I meant witchcraft as a pejorative?

OK, how about this. Chemical reactions vary by environment and the chemical environments within human beings vary broadly, therefore there is a wide latitude of human responses to individual drugs.
                  Much better.

Comment

In all seriousness those drugs have a very high addiction risk for me. They are cocaine I can get with a prescription. I try really hard not to use them because as a Catholic I know anything pleasurable was put here by God to ruin us. Because God is funny like that.
                    Plus the dude goes off his meds and it's fire and brimstone all over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                      Maybe mookie is always naturally stoned and it's impossible to tell.
                      High on life??
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

In all seriousness those drugs have a very high addiction risk for me. They are cocaine I can get with a prescription.
                        You can get cocaine by prescription. I've had it prescribed to me once.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

At least the Oxycodone is done for me and now I'm managing my pain with an NSAID.

Today is the first day in over a week where I don't feel like I've been run over by a steamroller.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            You can get cocaine by prescription. I've had it prescribed to me once.
                            Probably not something I needed to hear.

(Though I am probably the only person from either my high school or college class who never tried cocaine. Been in rooms with Tony Montana mountains of it, though.)
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Different people, different reactions. I went through almost the entire Physicians Desk Reference before finding an anti-anxiety medication that did anything good for me. On the way there I had every possible negative side effect.

Pharmaceuticals is witchcraft.

You are???

It is how the med is metabolized. Depending on how your liver pathways work depends on how you processes it. Went to a really cool Continuing Ed thing about this. They can test if you have errors to see what you should tolerate and what you won't.

Learned some stuff.
                              -people who say Codeine doesn't work for them are probably telling the truth. They can't metabolize to the metabolites that can relieve pain. It does get to toxic levels because it can't clear if the person keeps taking it.
                              -if some pathways are impaired it can take larger doses to achieve relief. So the person who says smaller doses don't work may be telling the truth. The person who needs 10mg to get any relief probably has impaired pathways. There are ways to test this by testing the various metabolites (the chemicals the pro-drug breaks down to- Oxy has 3) They told a story about how they had a woman come into the ER looking like she was OD on Oxy. She swore she hadn't obtained from somewhere else. Turned out she had only 1 of 3 pathways that was fully functional to break it down and clear it. She took something else that used the same pathway and got toxic quickly. It looked like she had taken way more than she should because even tho she wasn't capable of metabolizing to get relief she was capable of getting toxic from being unable to clear it. They had tested all of the metabolites before and when they tested again they were sky high and figured out what had happened. Fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                I hate Oxy and Perc.

Prescribed Oxy once. I was bouncing off the walls in jitters. So the next time, they prescribed Perc. Same thing happened. F that stuff. I'll sign the form that says I refused it, and I won't even blink.
                                Percocet has oxycodone in it.
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X