The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

You know what's great? Running a code on your patient from start to finish, saving her life, staying an hour late to finish documenting everything and then getting 3 phone calls on your day off telling you didn't do enough documenting and that your narrative note doesn't specifically match the clunky, secondary, button-clicking documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
      You know what's great? Running a code on your patient from start to finish, saving her life, staying an hour late to finish documenting everything and then getting 3 phone calls on your day off telling you didn't do enough documenting and that your narrative note doesn't specifically match the clunky, secondary, button-clicking documentation.
      You know what I think? I think I wouldn't answer the phone. And I won't type my opinion about EMRs. They are Satan.

Comment

Thinking you have everything all set only to find out the international business that you are dealing with for tix has just changed the system and you are NOT all set is on the LIST!!

Comment

Successful surgery to have a plate and screws put in my right foot and a muscle lengthened: Anti-List.

Shelby accompanying me and taking care of me for the crucial 48 hours after surgery: Anti-List.

Realizing I will have to use my butt to get up and down my apartment stairs until clear to walk again: List.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Realizing I will have to use my butt to get up and down my apartment stairs until clear to walk again: List.
            Just think how good your butt will look after this workout
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              This is the rationale I had for buying a townhouse with 4 levels.

All it's given me is thighs that can crack a diamond.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                This is the rationale I had for buying a townhouse with 4 levels.

All it's given me is thighs that can crack a diamond.
                Unless I'm carrying many things, I take the stairs to my 3rd floor apt. Add to that I'm on my feet 8 hours a day for work (lifting things), that's how I sorta keep in shape.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  And the butt method works for ascending and descending stairs!
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    And the butt method works for ascending and descending stairs!
                    Though it does make you look like a cat expressing its anal glands.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Though it does make you look like a cat expressing its anal glands.
                      I need gloves and my bike shorts to help with this.

The fact that the anesthesia isn't out of my system yet is on The List. How long does it take that stuff to get out? All I want to do lately is take naps.

My support system is on the Anti-List. They've stepped up.

Comment

I need gloves and my bike shorts to help with this.

The fact that the anesthesia isn't out of my system yet is on The List. How long does it take that stuff to get out? All I want to do lately is take naps.

My support system is on the Anti-List. They've stepped up.
                        After a week, I would think the anesthesia cocktail should be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          After a week, I would think the anesthesia cocktail should be gone.
                          Could have also been the Oxycodone. I do not know.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            Or a combination. Don’t forget, even though it was just corrective surgery on your foot, it still was a form of trauma overall to your system. Your body is telling you to rest. Every movement now is an effort so that also adds to it.

Comment

Oxycodone will mess up your head in a great many ways. It disrupts your brain's ability to concentrate for long, and can disrupt sleep patterns. When I had my first shoulder surgery it was my sleeping buddy for about two months. Then I was complaining to a coworker about feeling out of sorts, that I couldn't perform my job as well as I had a few months prior, having not exactly pegged it to my surgery then. She asked about the oxy, and sent me some info when I confirmed that it was my prescription. I went cold turkey then and there. After my second shoulder surgery, I took it for the first three days and then it was all ibuprofen and Tylenol from then on out.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I hate Oxy and Perc.

Prescribed Oxy once. I was bouncing off the walls in jitters. So the next time, they prescribed Perc. Same thing happened. F that stuff. I'll sign the form that says I refused it, and I won't even blink.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X