Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Getting a cold in April is on the list. 🤧

Ugh
    You sure that's a cold? April allergies kick my as-s every year.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Fcking coworker not doing his gdmn job, requiring me to come to the rescue when I'm also trying to conduct an on-site workshop for another client is on The List!!
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    You sure that's a cold? April allergies kick my as-s every year.
    Oh yes. I thought it was allergies at first too. Definitely not.

Oh yes. I thought it was allergies at first too. Definitely not.
    An early exit gopher thing? We S'awks fans have been sniffling a lot lately too. Sniveling?

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

My service of Renaming last night is on The Anti-List. The Episcopalians have a liturgy for transgender people. I got to pick the music and the Scripture for last night. There was champagne after the service. I made people laugh at the "Reflections" part of the service.

Hearing from my friend Donna that "moms just want to see their kids be happy, and that your mom would be so proud of you" coming from her, and she was crying when she told me this... Anti-List.

Once I got going on the work for grad school and knowing that I'm only 2.5 years away from a career that I want.... Anti-List.

Having an elder lesbian teach me my history (Marsha P. Johnson, Sylvia Rivera, etc)... Anti-List. I clearly need to hang around more LGBT elders.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Kicizapi Cetan

Having to move an elderly person for the fourth time in 18 months because of the decline of their capabilities is on The List.

Having it be the fourth time, instead of being two moves (I said "she needs to go into memory care" back then) is on The List.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Having to move an elderly person for the fourth time in 18 months because of the decline of their capabilities is on The List.

Having it be the fourth time, instead of being two moves (I said "she needs to go into memory care" back then) is on The List.
    You have my sympathies. My mother was moved into a memory care unit back in 2010. It's not an easy thing to both do and accept.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Sorry to hear that.

Having to return to the grid and reality is on the List. We were down in Williamsburg at a hotel with open wi-fi so I never opened the laptop. Managed to avoid the news, radio and all reality. (Anti-list)

Coming back into the world and hearing all the latest idiocy is like having the relief of Novocaine and then having it wear off. Twice as painful and mind boggling. That people can be this stupid is astounding on so many levels.

A combination of Walgreens and my doctor's office are on The List.

I was given a 90 day supply of my antidepressant, and it ran out in March. In March, when I called in a refill, I got a call back from the pharmacy saying my "order has been delayed. We are attempting to contact your doctor."

I looked at the bottle. I don't know what happened, but someone put on there "1 refill before 2/20/19." I'm trying to contact Walgreens and my doctor's office to see what's going on, but I'm not getting answers. I've been out of my antidepressant for over two weeks, and I don't know when I can get any more.
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka

Lucia Apologist

That sounds like you have a horrible doctor. My doctor responds within 12-16 hours and has written new scripts for the meds that I’m on without hesitation. Mine aren’t antidepressants though, so depending on what you’re on there may be legal hoops to jump through. But even then, that’s at most a day or two of delay. Two weeks is beyond stupid.

That sounds like you have a horrible doctor. My doctor responds within 12-16 hours and has written new scripts for the meds that I’m on without hesitation. Mine aren’t antidepressants though, so depending on what you’re on there may be legal hoops to jump through. But even then, that’s at most a day or two of delay. Two weeks is beyond stupid.
    Either way, without them, my mood crashes hard, and in the past 2 hours, I've gotten angry and started crying.

I also asked my doctor for referral for voice therapy. I hate my voice, and I don't sound anything like a female. In fact, my voice gives me away. I was told by a nurse that my "doctor was unwilling" and that was the end of the discussion. I have one more person I can ask for this referral, but if my endo says no, I don't know what I am going to do.
    ― Franz Kafka

Called Walgreens. I was told my "prescription is closed. Sorry." There's nothing they can do for me, not even an emergency supply.

I will call the number on my insurance card tomorrow and see if there are any transgender-affirming primary care docs in this area.
    ― Franz Kafka

Finding out this particular antidepressant now costs $200 co-pay, hence the delay in getting it filled: Big List.
    ― Franz Kafka

Kepler is on - The List. I find his constant bashing of the New England area obnoxious and annoying as my transplant friends and I find that the Boston area has a lot to offer and we love living here. HOWEVER, he's not wrong about the local population for the most part and I find that irritating as all get out every time I have to deal with the toolboxes and obnoxious boobs that populate the area surrounding Boston. (Sorry, Kep, it's your being right that puts on you on the list)

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bostonewe View Post
    Kepler is on - The List. I find his constant bashing of the New England area obnoxious and annoying as my transplant friends and I find that the Boston area has a lot to offer and we love living here. HOWEVER, he's not wrong about the local population for the most part and I find that irritating as all get out every time I have to deal with the toolboxes and obnoxious boobs that populate the area surrounding Boston. (Sorry, Kep, it's your being right that puts on you on the list)
    Transplants aren't the problem in Boston (and there are a lot of you). It's Maw and Paw who perpetuate the stereotypes.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

I always restrict my Boston bashing to the natives. "It wonn't yaw fawt, Wiw! It wonn't yaw fawt!" Yeech.

OTOH, the people who come to Boston from somewhere else, to go to MIT or Harvard or god help me even BU*, particularly from outside the Accela corridor, are really cool and make the city bearable.

* Not BC, though. BC sucks.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Hey, you should see what he writes about the midwest! And the South?!? Don't get him started on that.

But I think he's advised it's all a joke, a play on his own branding as a coastal elite, and that if we're not taking it that way, well then we're not keeping up, and we need to keep up, because he's not waiting.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Hey, you should see what he writes about the midwest! And the South?!? Don't get him started on that.

But I think he's advised it's all a joke, a play on his own branding as a coastal elite, and that if we're not taking it that way, well then we're not keeping up, and we need to keep up, because he's not waiting.
    You're butthurt because somebody else was lazy and did a fire and forget but missed the joke and so his own missile came back and burned him? That's the hill you're gonna die on? Or are you butthurt about the regional stuff? Don't worry, the Midwest is no worse than half of upstate New York. The South? Well... there you have a point.

Beyond that, that I joke about myself being a tedious, pompous, elitist windbag (true) does not affect whether people who trot out their wind-up take-downs without reading carefully are worthy of derision (also true).
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    You're butthurt because somebody else was lazy and did a fire and forget but missed the joke and so his own missile came back and burned him? That's the hill you're gonna die on? Or are you butthurt about the regional stuff? Don't worry, the Midwest is no worse than half of upstate New York. The South? Well... there you have a point.

Beyond that, that I joke about myself being a tedious, pompous, elitist windbag (true) does not affect whether people who trot out their wind-up take-downs without reading carefully are worthy of derision (also true).
    Oh, calm down. I was gently making fun of your "keep up, I won't wait" comment to Handy yesterday. Because all of these comments are typewritten, so often one or more readers of a post will miss the sarcasm, the self-deprecation intended by the poster so I always find it funny when someone has to come back and and poke at someone for missing it. Maybe it's just me, but when I type something here I always assume at least one person isn't going to read it in the same tone that it sounds in my head as I type it.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Oh, calm down. I was gently making fun of your "keep up, I won't wait" comment to Handy yesterday. Because all of these comments are typewritten, so often one or more readers of a post will miss the sarcasm, the self-deprecation intended by the poster so I always find it funny when someone has to come back and and poke at someone for missing it. Maybe it's just me, but when I type something here I always assume at least one person isn't going to read it in the same tone that it sounds in my head as I type it.
    OK. But you can't ask me to calm down when the Stanley Cup playoffs are happening for the first time in 30 years. I have missed them.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Thread Information