The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Groundhog Marathon on Saturday, my first marathon since June 2017: Anti-List. Feels good to be alive and out there.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Major news networks having to run "How can there be global warming when it's farking cold out" articles is on The List. Nothing like reminding me how dumb the average American is...

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        Major news networks having to run "How can there be global warming when it's farking cold out" articles is on The List. Nothing like reminding me how dumb the average American is...
        and the below average President.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          I often wonder if people have really gotten dumber, or the dumb people just got louder.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
            I often wonder if people have really gotten dumber, or the dumb people just got louder.
            por que no los dos?
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G
            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
            2 Alaskan

Comment

The truly terrifying thing is people actually are getting both smarter and more well-informed.

We just never had a mechanism that demonstrated the gargantuan numbers of the imbecilic and ignorant before.

Your date isn't uglier. The light's just brighter.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                The truly terrifying thing is people actually are getting both smarter and more well-informed.

We just never had a mechanism that demonstrated the gargantuan numbers of the imbecilic and ignorant before.

Part of this too is people taking the opposite side of a position to PO "da librals" even if they do in fact think climate change is something to be concerned about. I recall back when Obama was Prez that the # of people who said he was a Muslim when asked differed from the random polling on the subject. The reasoning was that there was a portion of the population who either didn't think he was a Muslim or didn't know, but associated that as a derogatory term and therefore were happy to use it. Some people just embrace stupidity as some sort of political protest (Sic comes to mind) as opposed to being genuinely stupid (Flaggy)!
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Agreed. Don't thinkit is more people trying to pizz the Libruls off. There are a lot of substandard education systems. Half the south is abominable when they do the stats. Heard someone interviewing a guy about the GOP masterplan and one of the things was dumbing down the base- and stroking those who are uneducated while vilifying those who were. It worked well.

Comment

Finishing the Groundhog Marathon Whole Hog Challenge (1/6 marathon on Friday, full marathon on Saturday) is on the Anti-List.

Having fun the entire time is on the Anti-List.

Earning three medals this weekend is on the Anti-List. One for the 1/6 marathon, one for the full, and one for participating in the Grand Rapids half-marathon as well as this.
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Bone spurs in my right ankle and arthritis developing at the big toe joint in the same foot: List.

I did this to myself, so List.

Realizing I can do a lot while I recover from this is on the Anti-List. Get fitted for a custom insole tomorrow.

Comment

Motherhood Maternity is on the List. I'm down to one pair of jeans that I can wear to work and they are getting tight. Maternity clothing is very limited in most stores, and when you start pregnancy as a larger woman, good luck. So, I go to the specialized maternity store and am told they no longer carry plus size in store. Corporate made them send back all their plus sized stuff last week. So, I leave the store fighting back tears wondering what I will wear to work for the next 3 months.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          Motherhood Maternity is on the List. I'm down to one pair of jeans that I can wear to work and they are getting tight. Maternity clothing is very limited in most stores, and when you start pregnancy as a larger woman, good luck. So, I go to the specialized maternity store and am told they no longer carry plus size in store. Corporate made them send back all their plus sized stuff last week. So, I leave the store fighting back tears wondering what I will wear to work for the next 3 months.
                          I went to TJ max and went up a couple of sizes. Depending on the style that might work. I was short and very round. Nothing fit from maternity but that worked for me altho by the end I was down to 1 dress and pair of shoes. Over the yrs I told my pts to try Burlington Coat Factory, Sears, JC Penny~ all had stuff online even if they didn't have it in store. I found the Maternity stores to be ridiculously expensive and they never had anything that fit me. The box stores were way more realistic and useful. ALso if you have a nearby Goodwill/Salvation army/Thrift place. And put out the word to friends. My BFF was shorter and rounder than me. She gave me boxes of stuff.

Good luck. Feel for you. No fun. Esp when you prob don't want to deal to begin with

Comment

Neighbors who leave an extension cord out across the sidewalk to the street in front of their house under the snow are on The List. 12 new inches of snow, so I'm out with my snow blower and blow down the block for my neighbors, as I usually do when I have the time. Caught the unseen extension cord in my auger, and it quickly wrapped around the shaft, broke two sheer pins, and raised a some other cain with my machine. Cut the cord. Lucky I didn't get lit up when I dug out the snow to inspect what had happened.

Since our garage is on an alley that had not yet been plowed and my wife had taken the car with snow tires on it, I could not get out and had to walk several miles round trip to get some new sheer pins. God knows I need the exercise, so I suppose that should go on The Anti list. Better than a heart attack shoveling a foot of snow plus whatever the snowplows push up across the driveway and sidewalk.

The beauty of new-fallen snow is also Anti Listed, so I guess I came out ahead.

Comment

Gratitude had nowhere else to go, so it overflowed, and...

I AM grateful.

Thursday, I find out the director of the Grand Rapids Triathlon and Michigan Titanium triathlon submits me as a case to USA Triathlon's Diversity and Inclusion coordinator, trying to find out what she can do for me. This director knows that estrogen isn't a performance enhancer, and in the age groups, it doesn't matter.

Yesterday, while I still haven't submitted for laser hair removal (imagined ouchies), I still get my chest waxed. The woman who does it loves me like I'm a sister. It helps that the salon let me take a nap on the couch, since I had 40 minutes before my appointment.

On the way home, I realized I have so many Mama Bears I can't count them all, and so many people who have helped me along as I adjust to hormones and life outside the closet door. I imagine the laughs as I describe the effects of the hormones as your way of welcoming me to the club, and telling me where to find the chocolate and the wine.

I've been stressed that I might have to defer grad school because I couldn't swing a $300 deposit. The admissions counselor called yesterday and told me that was covered, as well as the fact I got a $10,000 scholarship.

So grateful that even though I can't run, I push myself through a high agility workout (TurboFire) without using the modifiers. Yeah, I felt it, but when you're in an amazing mood...

And even now, even though the world sleeps, that I'm up and ready to attack the day with fresh energy... with all my sisters behind me.

All that is on the Anti-List.

Comment

52605388_804320196571093_4591207481216073728_n

Comment

Working...
                                X