Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    Kepler is on - The List. I find his constant bashing of the New England area obnoxious and annoying as my transplant friends and I find that the Boston area has a lot to offer and we love living here. HOWEVER, he's not wrong about the local population for the most part and I find that irritating as all get out every time I have to deal with the toolboxes and obnoxious boobs that populate the area surrounding Boston. (Sorry, Kep, it's your being right that puts on you on the list)
    I always restrict my Boston bashing to the natives. "It wonn't yaw fawt, Wiw! It wonn't yaw fawt!" Yeech.

OTOH, the people who come to Boston from somewhere else, to go to MIT or Harvard or god help me even BU*, particularly from outside the Accela corridor, are really cool and make the city bearable.

* Not BC, though. BC sucks.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
      Kepler is on - The List. I find his constant bashing of the New England area obnoxious and annoying as my transplant friends and I find that the Boston area has a lot to offer and we love living here. HOWEVER, he's not wrong about the local population for the most part and I find that irritating as all get out every time I have to deal with the toolboxes and obnoxious boobs that populate the area surrounding Boston. (Sorry, Kep, it's your being right that puts on you on the list)
      Hey, you should see what he writes about the midwest! And the South?!? Don't get him started on that.

But I think he's advised it's all a joke, a play on his own branding as a coastal elite, and that if we're not taking it that way, well then we're not keeping up, and we need to keep up, because he's not waiting.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        Hey, you should see what he writes about the midwest! And the South?!? Don't get him started on that.

But I think he's advised it's all a joke, a play on his own branding as a coastal elite, and that if we're not taking it that way, well then we're not keeping up, and we need to keep up, because he's not waiting.
        You're butthurt because somebody else was lazy and did a fire and forget but missed the joke and so his own missile came back and burned him? That's the hill you're gonna die on? Or are you butthurt about the regional stuff? Don't worry, the Midwest is no worse than half of upstate New York. The South? Well... there you have a point.

Beyond that, that I joke about myself being a tedious, pompous, elitist windbag (true) does not affect whether people who trot out their wind-up take-downs without reading carefully are worthy of derision (also true).
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          You're butthurt because somebody else was lazy and did a fire and forget but missed the joke and so his own missile came back and burned him? That's the hill you're gonna die on? Or are you butthurt about the regional stuff? Don't worry, the Midwest is no worse than half of upstate New York. The South? Well... there you have a point.

Beyond that, that I joke about myself being a tedious, pompous, elitist windbag (true) does not affect whether people who trot out their wind-up take-downs without reading carefully are worthy of derision (also true).
          Oh, calm down. I was gently making fun of your "keep up, I won't wait" comment to Handy yesterday. Because all of these comments are typewritten, so often one or more readers of a post will miss the sarcasm, the self-deprecation intended by the poster so I always find it funny when someone has to come back and and poke at someone for missing it. Maybe it's just me, but when I type something here I always assume at least one person isn't going to read it in the same tone that it sounds in my head as I type it.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Oh, calm down. I was gently making fun of your "keep up, I won't wait" comment to Handy yesterday. Because all of these comments are typewritten, so often one or more readers of a post will miss the sarcasm, the self-deprecation intended by the poster so I always find it funny when someone has to come back and and poke at someone for missing it. Maybe it's just me, but when I type something here I always assume at least one person isn't going to read it in the same tone that it sounds in my head as I type it.
            OK. But you can't ask me to calm down when the Stanley Cup playoffs are happening for the first time in 30 years. I have missed them.
            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              OK. But you can't ask me to calm down when the Stanley Cup playoffs are happening for the first time in 30 years. I have missed them.
              You actually got a good game last night. That was the one I chose to watch. The crowd and Isles came out amped, but that review on the non-goal kind of put a slight damper on it, at least for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                Having to move an elderly person for the fourth time in 18 months because of the decline of their capabilities is on The List.

Having it be the fourth time, instead of being two moves (I said "she needs to go into memory care" back then) is on The List.
                Realizing later this is the FIFTH move (not fourth) is on The List.

Wondering if I'm next .... The List.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  You have my sympathies. My mother was moved into a memory care unit back in 2010. It's not an easy thing to both do and accept.
                  2010? Yours too? Mine's still there. (The person I moved recently, five times, isn't direct blood.)
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

You actually got a good game last night. That was the one I chose to watch. The crowd and Isles came out amped, but that review on the non-goal kind of put a slight damper on it, at least for awhile.
                    I thought both teams looked sloppy for most of it. Typically the NHL strikes me for the crisp tape to tape passing. Last night that was not the case. Well, right up until the game winner; that pass was lovely.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Yesterday, I get a call from my doctor's office saying Walgreens doesn't have my work insurance, so if I submit my work insurance, that should lower the cost of my antidepressant. So today, I go back to Walgreens and give them my work insurance card. I was told my antidepressant, my bipolar medicine, and my concentration meds were not covered by my insurance.

I go back to my car. I am so close to tears at this point. I call my doctor's office again and let them know. I also tell them I don't know how I'm even existing without these three medications. So right now, I'm waiting on a phone call from my doctor, because they said they would look for a cheaper option for me. I'm still close to tears at this point. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, I'll try CVS.

Everything that was good... gone. My mood was at a consistent 8/9. Gone. Consistent work performance? Gone. I do what I can with the resources I have... but what do you do when you're missing vital resources?
                      Last edited by MissThundercat; 04-11-2019, 04:16 PM.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        Yesterday, I get a call from my doctor's office saying Walgreens doesn't have my work insurance, so if I submit my work insurance, that should lower the cost of my antidepressant. So today, I go back to Walgreens and give them my work insurance card. I was told my antidepressant, my bipolar medicine, and my concentration meds were not covered by my insurance.

I go back to my car. I am so close to tears at this point. I call my doctor's office again and let them know. I also tell them I don't know how I'm even existing without these three medications. So right now, I'm waiting on a phone call from my doctor, because they said they would look for a cheaper option for me. I'm still close to tears at this point. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, I'll try CVS.

Everything that was good... gone. My mood was at a consistent 8/9. Gone. Consistent work performance? Gone. I do what I can with the resources I have... but what do you do when you're missing vital resources?
                        Try contacting the manufacturer of the meds you need. I've seen ads on tv and at the end there's a blurb at the bottom that'll say, contact Big Pharmco if you need help paying for your medicine or don't have prescription coverage.
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                          Try contacting the manufacturer of the meds you need. I've seen ads on tv and at the end there's a blurb at the bottom that'll say, contact Big Pharmco if you need help paying for your medicine or don't have prescription coverage.
                          Checked CVS. Everything is MUCH more affordable there.

Will call the doctor on Monday.
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

IT feels like I have 13,000 assignments due on Wednesday for school.

This feeling is on the Anti-List.

Comment

Working from home and listening to my sump pumps constantly cycling on and off (one is on for 5 sec, off for 45 sec; the other is on for 8 sec, off for 23 sec) is getting old fast, but thankfully happening.

High water in ND spring is on The List.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Three weeks in on classes and I am doing well. Professors say I'm actively participating in class, and for being as green as a pine tree in the field of social work, once I sit down and put some thought into my work, the coursework isn't that bad. Anti-List.

Comment

Working...
                                X