• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Getting a cold in April is on the list. 🤧

Ugh
    You sure that's a cold? April allergies kick my as-s every year.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Fcking coworker not doing his gdmn job, requiring me to come to the rescue when I'm also trying to conduct an on-site workshop for another client is on The List!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        You sure that's a cold? April allergies kick my as-s every year.
        Oh yes. I thought it was allergies at first too. Definitely not.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Oh yes. I thought it was allergies at first too. Definitely not.
          An early exit gopher thing? We S'awks fans have been sniffling a lot lately too. Sniveling?

Comment

My service of Renaming last night is on The Anti-List. The Episcopalians have a liturgy for transgender people. I got to pick the music and the Scripture for last night. There was champagne after the service. I made people laugh at the "Reflections" part of the service.

Hearing from my friend Donna that "moms just want to see their kids be happy, and that your mom would be so proud of you" coming from her, and she was crying when she told me this... Anti-List.

Once I got going on the work for grad school and knowing that I'm only 2.5 years away from a career that I want.... Anti-List.

Having an elder lesbian teach me my history (Marsha P. Johnson, Sylvia Rivera, etc)... Anti-List. I clearly need to hang around more LGBT elders.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Having to move an elderly person for the fourth time in 18 months because of the decline of their capabilities is on The List.

Having it be the fourth time, instead of being two moves (I said "she needs to go into memory care" back then) is on The List.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                Having to move an elderly person for the fourth time in 18 months because of the decline of their capabilities is on The List.

Having it be the fourth time, instead of being two moves (I said "she needs to go into memory care" back then) is on The List.
                You have my sympathies. My mother was moved into a memory care unit back in 2010. It's not an easy thing to both do and accept.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Sorry to hear that.

Having to return to the grid and reality is on the List. We were down in Williamsburg at a hotel with open wi-fi so I never opened the laptop. Managed to avoid the news, radio and all reality. (Anti-list)

Coming back into the world and hearing all the latest idiocy is like having the relief of Novocaine and then having it wear off. Twice as painful and mind boggling. That people can be this stupid is astounding on so many levels.

Comment

A combination of Walgreens and my doctor's office are on The List.

I was given a 90 day supply of my antidepressant, and it ran out in March. In March, when I called in a refill, I got a call back from the pharmacy saying my "order has been delayed. We are attempting to contact your doctor."

I looked at the bottle. I don't know what happened, but someone put on there "1 refill before 2/20/19." I'm trying to contact Walgreens and my doctor's office to see what's going on, but I'm not getting answers. I've been out of my antidepressant for over two weeks, and I don't know when I can get any more.
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

That sounds like you have a horrible doctor. My doctor responds within 12-16 hours and has written new scripts for the meds that I’m on without hesitation. Mine aren’t antidepressants though, so depending on what you’re on there may be legal hoops to jump through. But even then, that’s at most a day or two of delay. Two weeks is beyond stupid.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That sounds like you have a horrible doctor. My doctor responds within 12-16 hours and has written new scripts for the meds that I’m on without hesitation. Mine aren’t antidepressants though, so depending on what you’re on there may be legal hoops to jump through. But even then, that’s at most a day or two of delay. Two weeks is beyond stupid.
                        Either way, without them, my mood crashes hard, and in the past 2 hours, I've gotten angry and started crying.

I also asked my doctor for referral for voice therapy. I hate my voice, and I don't sound anything like a female. In fact, my voice gives me away. I was told by a nurse that my "doctor was unwilling" and that was the end of the discussion. I have one more person I can ask for this referral, but if my endo says no, I don't know what I am going to do.

Comment

Called Walgreens. I was told my "prescription is closed. Sorry." There's nothing they can do for me, not even an emergency supply.

I will call the number on my insurance card tomorrow and see if there are any transgender-affirming primary care docs in this area.

Comment

Finding out this particular antidepressant now costs $200 co-pay, hence the delay in getting it filled: Big List.

Comment

Kepler is on - The List. I find his constant bashing of the New England area obnoxious and annoying as my transplant friends and I find that the Boston area has a lot to offer and we love living here. HOWEVER, he's not wrong about the local population for the most part and I find that irritating as all get out every time I have to deal with the toolboxes and obnoxious boobs that populate the area surrounding Boston. (Sorry, Kep, it's your being right that puts on you on the list)

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                                Kepler is on - The List. I find his constant bashing of the New England area obnoxious and annoying as my transplant friends and I find that the Boston area has a lot to offer and we love living here. HOWEVER, he's not wrong about the local population for the most part and I find that irritating as all get out every time I have to deal with the toolboxes and obnoxious boobs that populate the area surrounding Boston. (Sorry, Kep, it's your being right that puts on you on the list)
                                Transplants aren't the problem in Boston (and there are a lot of you). It's Maw and Paw who perpetuate the stereotypes.

Comment

Working...
                                X