The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

I had a hunch my mailbox would be pretty empty on my birthday. Thanks to the Mama Bears from Free Mom Hugs, that's not the case. A whole bunch of other people asked for my address too, and knowing I'm going to have a happy birthday on September 20 is on the Anti-List.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Odd number of slices in a bread loaf.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Peer or subordinate? The latter and it's easy. The former and you have to jump up a level and have a discussion.
        Peer-ish? Temp that was hired to backfill for me while I was recovering from surgery (I'd say maternity leave, but my company didn't offer such a thing). Now the other person in my department is on medical leave, so she's filling in for her. I think our boss sees the mistakes, and I think this last fairly large one has settled the coworker back down.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G
        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
        2 Alaskan

Comment

Realizing 2020 will be a 27-paycheck year is on the anti-list.

Comment

Returning to work October 1 is on The Anti-List.

Getting my old student loans out of default is on the Anti-List. I entered a 9 month rehabilitation plan, so no financial aid now. I will be able to come back to school in April 2020, when the default is cleared and my loan is transferred to a different service provider.

Having the path cleared so I can focus on physical therapy and getting my foot completely healed is on The Anti-List.

Upcoming swimming lessons are on the Anti-List too. Goal is Olympic distance triathlon next year! That's a 1500 meter swim, 24.8 mile bike ride, and a 10K run.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Medical offices that only accept faxes for paperwork (or in person) are on The List (and this is pretty much all of them). No one has a fax machine, so this requires someone taking me to an office store that offers faxing.
              Last edited by jen; 09-07-2019, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                Medical offices that only accept faxes for paperwork (or in person) are on The List (and this is pretty much all of them). No one has a fax machine, so this requires someone taking me to an office store that offers faxing.
                efax?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It’s because fax uses the phone lines. You still need a warrant to tap those. Otherwise the interwebs aren’t encrypted because most people don’t understand how to tell.

I can’t communicate with my doctor via email. And she can’t communicate with me. They have to use a HIPAA-compliant system.

I can submit scanned documents through their front end, but only because they are large enough to be able to afford Epic.

Or so it was explained to me.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    It’s because fax uses the phone lines. You still need a warrant to tap those. Otherwise the interwebs aren’t encrypted because most people don’t understand how to tell.

I can’t communicate with my doctor via email. And she can’t communicate with me. They have to use a HIPAA-compliant system.

I can submit scanned documents through their front end, but only because they are large enough to be able to afford Epic.

Or so it was explained to me.
                    All the doctors I deal with use Epic/MyChart, but only one allows medical record requests via MyChart. The rest require fax/in-person exchange of documents. Definitely no email. The faxing thing makes sense with that explanation, I guess - still a pain in the ***.

and efax is more than I need.

Comment

I’m not sure eFax is legit either since it runs through the web for at least a portion of the journey.

But again, this was explained to me several years ago and it always made sense. It could still be wrong. The more I think about it the more I want to say I once posted that here and either St. Clown or uno batted it down.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

efax has a month-long free trial, so I signed up. If you have not had the pleasure of dealing with work disability claims (and companies that manage them for other companies), it is not something I wish upon anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I’m not sure eFax is legit either since it runs through the web for at least a portion of the journey.
                          eFax is using encryption between your computer/mobile device and their servers. The service is hipaa compliant
                          Last edited by BassAle; 09-10-2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Being told your job is being phased out as of October 31st after just shy of 40 years at the company is at the top of the List.

All current production is either being transferred to China or being EOL'd by the end of the year.

The blatant mis-management over the past 5 or so years is sickening...
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Getting on progesterone is on The Anti-List. I'm aware it can lead to mood swings and unexplained weight gain, but my endocrinologist is willing to let me try it.

Writing more and more in my book is on the Anti-List as well. Right now, I'm writing about my relationship with the church and it's hard.

Comment

People sharing how they are attending the "first annual" anything.... LISTED
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X